slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Kerber

has to be one of my worst wta players to bet on i can never pick this bitch on a good day

BallsforTennis
    BallsforTennis's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm afraid you are the problem here, not Kerber.

You aren't dumb or stupid, I don't know why you backed Kerber against a player that has been averaging 2 aces per service game for the entire tournament.

It's sad but grass-court tennis on the WTA tour will always be dominated now by the bigger beasts of the game. America are producing big, big athletes with decent service actions and most of the wta players aren't in the same weight division to compete.

Players standing below 5,7 just can't get to the kick serves and they will struggle to defend also as their reach is so short. Kerber may be over 5,7 but she has the most awful second serve in the WTA top 20, so that basically means for her to stay with a servebot with a huge serve she will need to serve almost only first serves and then win the baseline duels. It's very basic logic, very basic. You aren't dumb.

Big serve and then smack the 2nd serve when you return. All the hall-marks of a dominant wta grass-courter for the future.
    Last edited by BallsforTennis; 06-21-14 at 07:59 AM.

slayer14

madison needs to keep 1st serve percentage up to 70 perecent still

slayer14

keys tries some ridiclous shots really

BallsforTennis
    BallsforTennis's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing is she doesdn't really need to Slayer. The difference with keys is her 2nd serve is more AFFECTIVE than most WTA players first serve. The kick bounces up high. The only thing you may have that can save you here is, Keys's best second serve is her kick serve outwide to the backhand, but because Kerber is a lefty, that goes to her forehand.

I believe Keys will choke this match away, if my life was on the line, that's what I'd say, however, only marginally leaning to that happening in the third set. If you have inplay betting, I would cover off and get out of this market brother.

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

Thought Keys was gonna choke but surprisingly she didn't
    Still wouldn't bet on her to win anything big. Too many UEs and too 1 dimensional.

and, yes, i forgot that kerber averages 80mph on her first serve, penetrate me...

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

chair umpire ruined the end of that game to be honest. two controversial over calls wen neither was really her call to make as she had the worse possible view out of everyone.

congrats on keys on first wta title though. if she learns to not return everything aiming at the lines, she could b a threat on grass in the future.