ManGambino
    ManGambino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Halep 2-1 +430

Halep is playing better tennis right now but she isn't consistent enough to make anything sure. This is a three setter for sure and I think Halep takes the third. She has more energy and can play good enough defense for a woman to take this. I like her range and it will eventually come down to who can keep the UE down past your shitty level of WTA play. Pova has looked flat all tournament thus why she keeps losing her first set but I think the range and defense of Halep will catch up and get her this slam. Pova has had to save so many break points versus far inferior competition that I can't see how Halep can go down easy unless povas coach is a magic worker.

I know I'm new here but I'd like to keep a quality level discussion going guys, hop on the train at these odds.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

She has great defense against ,most females on tour, but Pov's power is just too much. The pace is just too much, Halep has to hope Pov has another bad serving day and jump all over her 2nd serves. If Simona is a foot outside the baseline like in Madrid she'll have a long day again.
    Last edited by jtoler; 06-07-14 at 12:36 AM.

ManGambino

I agree Pova has power (which is why she waltzes thru everyone on a quick surface) but Halep has been in form. I think the match will come down to if either of the two decides to camp on the baseline and wait for their angle or if Pova tries to move halep back and forth until she can crush a winner.

I was really surprised with the coverage halep had earlier this tourney, it was against women who either have no where near the power or an incomplete game to use their power the way a man can. Regardless, Pova has not looked sharp all tourney. Losing first sets and being on the ropes consistently against women who can't hold a candle to her. I like haleps reach to negate povas power strokes and I think a long one wins it for simona

jtoler

Yea it could be a long match, out of 46 career 3 setters on clay she's lost 7 of those, only twice to someone who wasnt a former #1 player, she's also won 19 straight 3 setters on clay, nothing to do with tomorrow just some numbers, Pov is one of the few women I feel confident with in a 3rd set when my money is on the line, Halep could pull through though never know, just feel more confident with Maria, I think if Halep steals the first set, she needs to step up the gas even more after the 1st set against Petko she seemed to wilt some while Petko amped it up, managed to hang on though.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

halep in 2

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

If a three setter is a sure thing, why not bet both Halep 2-1 and Pova 2-1?

Win-win either way.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post

Win-win either way.
    mhm

ManGambino

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post

Win-win either way.
    Because Pova could do it in two then I'd have put too much into a WTA match. I'm picking my spot and sticking to it. If it loses then I'm back to baseball where I've yet to have a losing night in the past 9 days. I understand your strategy but I'm just keeping my units close for now.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    halep in 2
    This could happen and I wouldnt be surprised either.

domz248
    domz248's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 808

Nice hit