homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nadal always looks great until he gets to Joker..definitely a pickem if you look at last 6 matches or so on clay head to head
    dont count best of 3 clay matches, Coach, only look at best of 5.

RAFA owns Joker in best of 5 matches, and matches at this venue

RAFA lives for the FRENCH

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Coach, joker had a great claycourt season in 2012 and promptly lost to rafa in 4 sets at RG.
    i think you should consider doing research before posting facts because clearly memory isn't your strong suit in all sports.

novak's "great" clay season was 2011, where he beat nadal in both madrid and rome. that year he lost to federer at RG.

in 2012 Nadal destroyed him 6-3 6-1 in Monte Carlo and beat him 7-5 6-3 in Rome. The only clay title Nadal didn't win that year was Madrid where he lost to Verdasco. Novak won 0 titles. So yeah, Nadal beating him at RG completely followed the logic of the whole clay season.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What were the results of the last 6 to 8 Clay matches between the two ??

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What were the results of the last 6 to 8 Clay matches between the two ??
    2014 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Rome
    Italy
    Clay F Djokovic, Novak
    4-6, 6-3, 6-3 Stats
    2013 Roland Garros
    France
    Clay S Nadal, Rafael
    6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-7(3), 9-7 Stats
    2013 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Monte Carlo
    Monaco
    Clay F Djokovic, Novak
    6-2, 7-6(1) Stats
    2012 Roland Garros
    France
    Clay F Nadal, Rafael
    6-4, 6-3, 2-6, 7-5 Stats
    2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Rome
    Italy
    Clay F Nadal, Rafael
    7-5, 6-3 Stats
    2012 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Monte Carlo
    Monaco
    Clay F Nadal, Rafael
    6-3, 6-1 Stats

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    the 5dimes reduced line is RAFA -116 right now,

WOW WHAT A BARGAIN
    now it's -120 reduced, regular line -125

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

For those who got Pinnacle, UNDER 44 @1.63 is a good play

I feel that this final won't go to 5 sets this time and in 4 sets that should do it

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I already hammered Nadal -115.
    Also bet he wins 3-1 at +380.
    That is a great price and easily doable in this match.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    For those who got Pinnacle, UNDER 44 @1.63 is a good play

I feel that this final won't go to 5 sets this time and in 4 sets that should do it
    Why are you buying points there? Afraid of a 7-6 6-4 4-6 6-4 type of score?

It doesn't seem worth it. That's a hell of a lot of juice. If you like the under I'd just go with the regular line and if it's 4 tight sets then so be it.

I somewhat agree about it not going 5. Who do you like to win the match? I think that could factor into the over/under decision. I have Novak winning in 4 but I wouldn't be surprised if it went 5.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I already hammered Nadal -115.
    Also bet he wins 3-1 at +380.
    That is a great price and easily doable in this match.
    Those props are pretty good if you have a good feel for them yeah. I actually like 1-3 the other way lol.

I have an ongoing parlay of futures on Spurs +110 and Djokovic +160 that pays +446, probably just riding that out. If Djoker loses I'm gonna be pissed cause Spurs are almost unbettable at the current price so I won't really be able to reinvest in them.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Wouldn't want to bet against Rafa at the French; big on Nadal ML

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Waiting for line to move up on Rafa. See this as quite an easy win as I have no clue whats wrong with Novak but he doesn't seem like himself this whole tourney.

Rafer to win in 4 sets and ML are the two I will most likely go with.

RGG

If you can get Rafa on clay at -120 or better it's a no brainer

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not an injury that sapped Djokovic against Gulbis, he admitted the weather conditions were a bigger problem. Warmest day of the tournament although nothing really that hot at 80 degrees, but the humidity is probably what got him more. Remember the "old" Djokovic has had breathing problems in heavy climates before. Sunday is supposed to be similar to today. 80, rain and humid.

Always fun to read comments going into the Final because everyone thinks they have it figured out. Finals are often the toughest matches to win.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

EP, I watched his interview, and Novak sounded nasally. It seemed like he had a head cold. Mary Carillo said the same thing upon watching it. Who knows what the extent of it is or how it will affect him. It's too bad is all I can say. A healthy Novak wins this thing. Murray was terrible today and Ferrer, by his own admission, threw in the towel. I imagine if Novak is under the weather, winning the first set will be that much more important. I can see him winning the 1st (by playing very aggressively) but losing the match.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Nadal future at +162.

Halep future at +475.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    EP, I watched his interview, and Novak sounded nasally. It seemed like he had a head cold. Mary Carillo said the same thing upon watching it. Who knows what the extent of it is or how it will affect him. It's too bad is all I can say. A healthy Novak wins this thing. Murray was terrible today and Ferrer, by his own admission, threw in the towel. I imagine if Novak is under the weather, winning the first set will be that much more important. I can see him winning the 1st (by playing very aggressively) but losing the match.
    why? did a healthy Novak the past 2 years beat Rafa?

i don't understand how so many of you think the greatest clay player in history at age 28 and still playing at a high level, is good to bet against right now even with Joker.

RAFA is a clay GOD and an absolute machine. you do not bet against a machine. betting against Rafa at the French is like betting against MJ in his prime.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Man Rafa won last 8 of 9 french opens. Pretty impressive

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I had Nadal in the US Open and everyone was on Djoker (as that was his surface). Sometimes you gotta go with your gut. Djoker has come close twice to beating Nadal in the French. In 2012 he was one raid delay away from steamrolling him and last year he faltered in a very close contest (up a break in the 5th). The great ones learn from their mistakes. In that US Open match where I had Nadal, Djoker was again about to steamroll him but Nadal, being the great competitor that he is, won all the big points and Nole crumbled. Since these demoralizing defeats, Novak has made adjustments to his game (when playing Nadal); adjustments that Nadal has had no answer for:

In their last 4 matches (3 HC 1 Clay) Novak has had 33 break opportunities (converting 14) and Nadal has had only 10 opportunities (converting 5). This is Djoker's moment. He can add the French to his collection and get sweet revenge against his rival. If Djoker is 100% healthy I have no doubt in my mind that he takes Nadal to the woodshed on Sunday (just look at what Ferrer did against him, and his WTA serves, in the two sets he tried) but fighting a bug and Nadal might be too much to ask.

homie1975

Looking at the last 4 matches when 3 were on hard court makes no sense. And a healthy joker taking rafa to the woodshed makes me lol. Maybe 3-2 joker but woodshed? No chance

JustSomeCash
    JustSomeCash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

Wow! I'm the only one who thinks that Novak may crush Rafa in straight sets?!...LOL..

Let's talk about the last two meetings between them, to me and to many others, Nadal was the favorite and the expectation was that he would win. (Slow-hard court in Miami & Slow-clay court in Rome). in Miami,Nole just outplay Rafa and beat the hell out of him in quick-stright sets,in Rome,where Rafa was fav even by the bookies he didnt manage to pull the win and lost again.

In that game,Nole had a slow start but he quickly settled into the surface, and managed to force his game plan on Nadal,and when he gets into gear, it was only a matter of time before he takes over the game, and we could say that Rafa was quite a bit lucky to pull out somehow the first set in the end,and although he led in one set to love, in a game where the winner has to be best of three sets, it was not enough for him.

And really, to me, the last two games have shown Novak knows perfectly Nadal's game plan and simply could do anything he want against Rafa,so if we go by the last two meetings, Nadal has no chance in five set!​ you can call me crazy who care,thas how it is for this time,can Rafa prove otherwise? We will see ..

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Nobody can sweep Nadal when he has that forehand.

Miami and Rome has nothing to do with Roland Garros. In Rome weather was cold, here it is projected to be hot. Balls are different, the ambiance is different, the format is different (5 sets) everything is different.

I am on Novak @2.75 but does not feel good at all about it.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeCash View Post
    Wow! I'm the only one who thinks that Novak may crush Rafa in straight sets?!...LOL..

Let's talk about the last two meetings between them, to me and to many others, Nadal was the favorite and the expectation was that he would win. (Slow-hard court in Miami & Slow-clay court in Rome). in Miami,Nole just outplay Rafa and beat the hell out of him in quick-stright sets,in Rome,where Rafa was fav even by the bookies he didnt manage to pull the win and lost again.

In that game,Nole had a slow start but he quickly settled into the surface, and managed to force his game plan on Nadal,and when he gets into gear, it was only a matter of time before he takes over the game, and we could say that Rafa was quite a bit lucky to pull out somehow the first set in the end,and although he led in one set to love, in a game where the winner has to be best of three sets, it was not enough for him.

And really, to me, the last two games have shown Novak knows perfectly Nadal's game plan and simply could do anything he want against Rafa,so if we go by the last two meetings, Nadal has no chance in five set!​ you can call me crazy who care,thas how it is for this time,can Rafa prove otherwise? We will see ..
    Many things to pick out from that post. Nadal was way out of form in the previous two encounters and the surface in both are playing way differently. Looking at this tournament alone, Novak is playing terrible for his standards whereas Nadal looks like he is back to normal. Can't remember the last time I saw Novak face so many break points and make so many uncharacteristic errors around the net and with passing shots which is his trademark. Another thing is that Nadal wasn't the favourite in the previous two encounters if I remember correctly but could be wrong on that.

Can Novak win in 3 sets? Highly unlikely unless Nadal somehow goes back to how he played earlier in the year and Novak suddenly plays great again.

Had Novak past two encounters but going with Nadal this time and I'm more confident then the previous two wins by quite a large margin.

jjgold

As of now by reading everybody's posts I have a slight lean towards Nadal

RGG

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    Man Rafa won last 8 of 9 french opens. Pretty impressive
    exactly why I'm not betting against Rafa

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

clueless...

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I have Novak +190 futures, and I already hedged with Rafa@+170 before QF, and I am gonna add some more on Rafa@-120 and Rafa 3-1. I just do not understand how he can be not a -150 fav in this spot. The dude is just unreal at RG. I mean, I would love to see Novak get his career GS, but Nadal looked as good as ever over his last two matches.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    I have Novak +190 futures, and I already hedged with Rafa@+170 before QF, and I am gonna add some more on Rafa@-120 and Rafa 3-1. I just do not understand how he can be not a -150 fav in this spot. The dude is just unreal at RG. I mean, I would love to see Novak get his career GS, but Nadal looked as good as ever over his last two matches.
    line looks very fishy, doesn't it?

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

FNG

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Nope the lines is not fishy, lots of people are putting too much weight into Nadal's problems at the recent clay court tourneys and into his recent loss to Novak @ Rome. Novak still has a good chance, and I am not hedging in a way that I do not win anything if Nadal loses, but I hedged in a way that I get a 60/40 split on Nadal/Djoker.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

makes no sense that djok was the favorite the whole tourney and then when the line came out for the final, rafa was the favorite. all because of what? djok losing a set to gulby? or him being sick? Lol, he's fine and he will beat nadal in 5

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Rafa +2.5 sets gone -550 to -650 now at pinny,

and -700 at 5d for not Djoker in 3 sets

jjgold

Remember Joker had him at French a few years back but the rain came and a delay of match turned the tides and nadal won

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

you guys keep bringing up past french finals, but (to me) theyre not even note worthy. we just saw novak beat nadal on clay, this is his year to end the run

take the dog, last warning

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    you guys keep bringing up past french finals, but (to me) theyre not even note worthy. we just saw novak beat nadal on clay, this is his year to end the run

take the dog, last warning
    so past french opens don't count but recent tourneys where Rafa was playing poor(by his standards)do count lol. easy to skew things in your favor when u want to.

First 12345 ... Last