jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Already bet Rafa and it wasnt a hard decision.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Who are all these idiots thinking Rafa at negative odds is so great when you could've got @ 2.5 before the semis?

F*ck me!

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    so past french opens don't count but recent tourneys where Rafa was playing poor(by his standards)do count lol. easy to skew things in your favor when u want to.
    u cant be serious... the difference is that my comparison is the most recent one and results from a year ago (or more) mean less at this point and even if they did novak came close to beating nadal last year in this tourney so that would just make me more confident in backing djok (who imo has nadal's number now)

and lol at skew things in my favor what are you even talking about

i was simply stating my thoughts on the match

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    why? did a healthy Novak the past 2 years beat Rafa?

i don't understand how so many of you think the greatest clay player in history at age 28 and still playing at a high level, is good to bet against right now even with Joker.

RAFA is a clay GOD and an absolute machine. you do not bet against a machine. betting against Rafa at the French is like betting against MJ in his prime.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    you guys keep bringing up past french finals, but (to me) theyre not even note worthy. we just saw novak beat nadal on clay, this is his year to end the run

take the dog, last warning
    What do u mean by "you guys"?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

take the dog, last warning

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post

What do u mean by "you guys"?

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

CindyCryBaby
    CindyCryBaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2143

Djokovic creates all kinds of matchup problems for Rafa right now. Rafa can't run around his putrid backhand when lasers are coming off of both sides of djokovic's racket.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

Djokovic @ +money is the play.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't care what happens. I just want the match to start already so I will have something to take my mind off life for a while ...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucasdawg

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Who are all these idiots thinking Rafa at negative odds is so great when you could've got @ 2.5 before the semis?

F*ck me!
    Even better, he was @+170 before the QF. But I still think -120 is a decent price on Nadal in a RG final against anybody.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by CindyCryBaby View Post
    Djokovic creates all kinds of matchup problems for Rafa right now. Rafa can't run around his putrid backhand when lasers are coming off of both sides of djokovic's racket.
    That putrid backhand worked great in the US Open final less than a year ago. Djoker has Nadal's number ? Wow. Somebody is drinking too much cool-aid.

Betfrog
    Betfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

I have novaks telephone nr

CindyCryBaby
    CindyCryBaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2143

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    That putrid backhand worked great in the US Open final less than a year ago. Djoker has Nadal's number ? Wow. Somebody is drinking too much cool-aid.
    Rafa is not getting the same kind of depth on his backhand that he was getting going into the US open.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Betfrog View Post
    I have novaks telephone nr
    Great, can you find out how he is feeling? Tell him I got two grand on him tomorrow and I need to know.

frugalgambler

Poet I do not understand why you do not hedge in these situations. I did on both finals, and I will feel pretty good no matter what the outcome will be. I mean, had I felt my Maria's futures alone I would have won a bit more but on the other hand I would have lost a lot of nerve cells watching that crazy final.

ItsMeMrMattE

what time does this match start tomorrow?

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post

Approx. 9am ET/6am PT per flashscore.

ItsMeMrMattE

thanks. thats what i thought. the offshore i use had that time posted but SBR Book was sayin 4am. i was hoping 4am. its gonna be hard to wake up that early.

frugalgambler

6:10 am pacific give or take a couple of mins. I think a rain delay is pretty unlikely tomorrow.

SplitAces
    SplitAces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

This line makes me think Joker is going to win. Fishy....greatest clay player ever who is playing great and he just a small favorite???
    Something smells fishy.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I'm gonna take the over 55 on how many times Nadal digs his butt Name:  image.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  49.7 KB

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're talking Player #1/#1a in men's tennis on pretty much every surface right now. I don't see where the problem lies with the line other than the perceived sick angle some are worried about. Otherwise, Djokovic has shown he can win on this surface against Nadal and nearly beat him here last year in an epic 5 setter. Why should it be set any differently?

poet

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Poet I do not understand why you do not hedge in these situations. I did on both finals, and I will feel pretty good no matter what the outcome will be. I mean, had I felt my Maria's futures alone I would have won a bit more but on the other hand I would have lost a lot of nerve cells watching that crazy final.
    I know, could have hedged with Rafa at +170, but I had no idea Novak would be ill. I might hedge out some tomorrow morning if I don't like what I see. The overnight and morning rain are supposed to make things damp and favorable for Novak, but it is supposed to be sunny/dry when they play (so I don't know). If Nole was healthy I would never consider backing out. This is his tournament to lose (IMO).

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to try to be Big Balls Magoo on some futures, but really if you're properly utilizing them - hedging when you have an opportunity to guarantee some money really needs to be a must for people. I think everyone gets too caught up in wanting to be smarter than the room or to hit something big instead of grinding out a profit.

It's just smart business. There are certainly some points where you do not have an effective hedge, but if you do - you should utilize it unless we're talking about a very minimum original investment. Even then if the payout is decent and it's a Final, I want some money one way or the other. But that's just me. Good fortune to ya.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-08-14 at 01:11 AM.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Djokovic @+ is the play here. Nadal may win the first set, the lines will be even higher. I will be be backing Joker before the game. Then watch the game... one of the greatest sport rivalry of all times. And from live i will be betting if Nadal wins the first set and Djokovic seems to play like he can do better. Whenever Djokovic loses first set to Nadal, from his play it is easy to read if he has some higher hidden reserve or not

poet

I've been trying to find any news on Djoker's status (i.e., is he practicing, resting, dying etc.) This is from the NY times.

PARIS — Despite smashing that racket in the semifinals, Novak Djokovic has been determined to keep the mood
    lighter at this French Open, and he stayed true to his plan on Saturday.

Practicing on Court 7 with his coaches Boris Becker and Marian Vajda and the rest of his support team, he joked with the crowd, tried a few trick shots and even handed an unbroken racket to a spectator, who took a few big swings of his own on the clay with a camera strapped around his chest.

But no matter how much laughter and bonhomie emanated from Court 7, there is no escaping the reality that trying to beat Rafael Nadal on Parisian red clay remains a very serious tennis matter.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Rafa and the under.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    the fact you are asking this question tells me you are not a hardcore tennis fan or not attuned to the sport. Since the beginning of time it seems the fench and Wimbledon finals have been set for 6 am pacific time starts. Weather issues notwithstanding.

u should no be betting this match

Rococo
    Rococo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

I'm on Rafa, while I can see Novak beat Rafa on clay, I just can't see Novak win on RG. (or at least: I do not see him having a big enough chance to beat Rafa to bet on him)

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

im on rafa i think joker will struggle when the hudmidity hits him. might not even get to 4th set. maybe 6-3 7-5 6-2

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

the fact you are asking this question tells me you are not a hardcore tennis fan or not attuned to the sport. Since the beginning of time it seems the fench and Wimbledon finals have been set for 6 am pacific time starts. Weather issues notwithstanding.

Says the guy who said nadal at -220 is an autoplay.

ItsMeMrMattE

your right. im not a "hardcore" tennis fan. this will be my first and only bet of this years "fench" open. i knew it started at 6am pacific. thats what the offshore i use said, but for whatever reason the book on this site said 4am. was hoping it was 4am cause i like staying up and hate waking up, so i threw the question out there just to make sure. should i be betting on this match? yes. why? because i want to. your on nadal right. if you win, good for you and the majority of everyone else. its the obvious play i hear. i like dogs, especially when its a dog with the type of talent novak has. if you lose, your gonna feel the sting of your bankroll dwindling but also the sting from a non hardcore fan getting it right. fans of sports aren't always the best bettors. i have no favorite team. no favorite sport. im a hardcore fan of money. that fact alone makes me better than you, no matter what the outcome of this match may turn out to be. thanks for the advice tho. its just too late. things are already locked in.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

why was joker wearing a wrist wrap while playing chess with boris becker?? the pic is on twitter. interesting..

First 123456 ... Last