paulnikolo
    paulnikolo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

atp nice semifinals

Gulbis vs Montanes

Simon vs Delbonis

Who would win? I'm gonna parlay Montanes-Simon ML at 3.8 for 4 units. Gulbis had a hard time against an inferior opponent and he cannot do that against a tough veteran in Montanes, I see Montanes winning in 3 sets. Simon's confidence is fuming right now with his two convincing wins, I see him hammer his way into the finals.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Uh, did you actually watch Montanes and Tursunov's matches ? Tursunov is balling again. I have not watched Montanes recently but he generally does not have any weapons to bother somebody like Gulbis. Unless Gulbis shoots himself in the foot over and over again, he should win. I think the odds are fair. Let's just say that at their best Tursunov > Montanes even on clay.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

Yes, I agree....Tursunov was playing out of his mind yesterday. Still can't believe that he could not hold himself at 5-4 on serve (last set). and tiebreaker 4-2 up. Gulbis played reasonably well, ran for all balls he could. Not sure old man Montanes gonna bring same game as Tursunov did. Going 2-0 for Gulbis.

Other semifinal is more interesting. I think Simon is up for it. For being such a douchebag as he is, after that Nadal match he is up one level. On the other hand Del Bonis is a very, very good clay court player at times. Still I think French ass should go through in front of his home crowd. The odds are in his favour as well so probably no bet....maybe over is a value, cause this will be some battle.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Glad to see somebody else watched the Tursunov-Gulbis match and shares my opinion. Did you see the crazy lob Gulbis produced to save the last BP at 5-5 in the 3rd ? That was just wow. That being said Gulbis can be a bit of a mental Mary and I am probably staying from that match, Gulbis might drop a set or even the match. I do like Simon take care of Delbonis though, also this is also not guaranteed. I hope Delbonis will fold like a house of cards in front of a hostile crowd, as he often does, but again this is not a given. I think the lines are fair for both matches and I do not see an angle that I really like.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes. Saw the lob. He scrambles way better than 2 years ago. Even if he gets unstable I still think Montanes wont be able to overcome him. Still think it goes 2-0 Gulbis way.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Some very good points from you guys. I was also leaning toward taking Gulbis -3.5 . Reason was, that Montanes has very little defensive skills. So, whoever can push him back and force to defend, has a great chance of winning, imho. Of course, Gulbis is one of those guys, with that big serve + power and accuracy on his groundstrokes. Still, I backed of, because, as Frugal said, he is a mental case and I don't know if I can trust such player, laying the games, 2 days before RG.

Other match, for me, is simply screeming - stay away. Odds seems to be on point. Delbonis has talent, but he has played far beyond my expectations, on clay, this season. Pass for me.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

only one stumble in the second set.....but as said before, old man could not take his chance.