matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Going Back to the well... Thompson ML @2.20

I think the final will be Coric vs Thompson... 6 years from now this will be the new Nadal/Djokovic matchup

Thompson @2.20 x 1 unit

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Coric can end up being really good as he is only 17 but Thompson isn't going to be anything. He isn't even the best youngster in Aussie with Saville being better and even Bolt being in the discussion.

Thompson only had a couple of good games pushing Gasquet to 3 sets and Jerzy to 5 sets but Jerzy was coming back from injury and sucks on hard court while Gasquet was out of form. Apart from those two games, Thompson hasn't beaten anyone of note and has lost to a bunch of other youngsters in Aussie lately.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Coric can end up being really good as he is only 17 but Thompson isn't going to be anything. He isn't even the best youngster in Aussie with Saville being better and even Bolt being in the discussion.

Thompson only had a couple of good games pushing Gasquet to 3 sets and Jerzy to 5 sets but Jerzy was coming back from injury and sucks on hard court while Gasquet was out of form. Apart from those two games, Thompson hasn't beaten anyone of note and has lost to a bunch of other youngsters in Aussie lately.
    On clay yes, but Thompson showed signs of a solid tennis player back in AUS. I understand Coric is much farther ahead of Thompson, but I think his matchup should be more of a pickem today.

Good luck on your wagers

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Theres def value today on Thompson and it should be a close game.

Thompson's numbers on clay is better than hard but he already lost recently on it to Bolt and Barton who are both aussies in aus. then recently on hard in aus, hes lost to saville, klein (whos terrible), and mott (who's a 18 yr old with more potential). it was only around the time of the aus open that he was on fire bt apart from that, hes career has been nothing before and after it. he def wont b a top 100 player anytime soon.

Whereas, Coric i believe has already been said to be the next Nadal and next whoever. He could possibly be but long way off. He should be top 100 in next couple years tho and hope he goes well.