Betpoints: 10

Tsonga and Berdych Such A Disgrace To The Game

All you to do is lose big matches your whole career

Two talented pussies that are scared to win and great chokers

Step up for once in your life and win a decent tourney

JustSomeCash
    JustSomeCash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

Tsonga is french shit and its impossible to compare him to Birdman,Tsonga will always be trash.

For Berdych,every time that he seemed to take his game one step forward,he comes to the big game and lose,and it's easy to see why,because he has nothing special under the sleeve, he just cant move like the masters(Joker Nadal or Fed).

He has only basic tennis but at the highest level of the tour. He also relaxed player that does not tend to get annoyed easily so that why IMO he has edge on almost every player on the tour,but when it comes to games against major players like Nadal and Djokovic no matter what he does,he just can not be creative for the entire game, he has no technique to produce easy points during a rally,he also too cumbersome to move from side to side on court to make defense. so to win one of these guys he definitely need them to be in bad day.
    Last edited by JustSomeCash; 03-02-14 at 08:03 AM.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

If it wasn't for the Robots, Berdych would have a slam or three. He's choked a few matches away over his time, but he's been steady. I think Jimmy Connors mentioned it best" he's not your ace pitcher you throw on the mound, but he gets your team 15 wins every year". Also if you look it up, I believe Berdych and Federer are the only two guys to be in the top 10 for 10 straight years now. Berdych overall is very reliable.

Tsonga, as much as I wanna see this guy win a slam one day, he chokes more than Almagro/Chardy/dolgo/Mannarino on a Sunday afternoon in Thailand. I'm not sure wtf is wrong with him. Besides the French part of course

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Ten straight years!?

matt1216

maybe I'm off a little bit. I forget who mentioned it but I believe one of the announcers was saying Overall Berdych has been the most consistant on tour over the last 10 years. Which is crazy considering how many stars there have been

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

He is definitely one of the most consistent players in the world, but ten years in the top ten sounds extreme to me. I would have guessed something like five years.

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Most consistent in what exactly?

He actually only featured in the Top 10 a few sporadic weeks from years 2006 to 2009. It was only July 2010 until now that he has remained in there consistently. So only 44 months.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...dych.aspx?t=rh

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
    Most consistent in what exactly?

He actually only featured in the Top 10 a few sporadic weeks from years 2006 to 2009. It was only July 2010 until now that he has remained in there consistently. So only 44 months.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...dych.aspx?t=rh

i forget man. I was pretty sure the commentators said Ferrer/Berdych were the two most consistant players on tour over the last X amount of years. I thought it was 10, but that would be tough for Berdych to accomplish at the age of 18.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Berdy was scared to death yesterday when it got close and Fed whipped him

He played like a college player and disgraced the game

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Berdy was scared to death yesterday when it got close and Fed whipped him

He played like a college player and disgraced the game
    Yes, Berdych mentally is more unstable than a WTA ranked 100 wench, but his win/loss record has been one of the best ever since he became a top 10 player

DownTheLine
    DownTheLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Berdych did the same mental melt against Wawrinka when he was right in that match and possible could of had it for the taking. It's standard for him. Some guys have the ability to keep their brains motor running a consistent speed through out the match and others over heat in the biggest of moments. Berdych is who he is but he's still extremely talented.

Tsonga is a guy I love but the writing may be on the wall for him and the window has closed.

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

Berdych made a name for himself back in 2004 (at 19), when he defeated Federer at the Olympics. In 2005 he won his first (and only) Masters 1000 and made his debut in top 25. Between 2006-2009 he was a regular player between top 10-15. After Wimbledon 2010 he finally cemented his place in top 10.
    - Masters 1000 Paris 2005
    - Wimbledon 2010 Finalist
    - Semifinal at least once at all four Grand Slams
    - Top 5 in the world
    Overall, i don't think that Berdych in an underachiever. I never thought that he will be number 1.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok good points men, we will say he is a very very good player but gets tight vs the big timers

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Yup both chokers for sure. Everyone chokes against the big 4 names usually. You have to want it to beat them and get a major title. You can't be scared. I don't see anyone beating those guys for a long time. Wawrinka would never have won if Nadal was 100% that's a fact not opinion.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yup both chokers for sure. Everyone chokes against the big 4 names usually. You have to want it to beat them and get a major title. You can't be scared. I don't see anyone beating those guys for a long time. Wawrinka would never have won if Nadal was 100% that's a fact not opinion.
    Goatmilk, I believe your wrong with wawrinka not beating Nadal if he wasn't injured.

wawrinka was mopping the floor with Nadal befor he hurt himself. AfterNadal hurt himself wawrinka got excited and thought it was "in the bag, so to speak" with this thinking he went on lose lose a set. He was distracted, his brain was moving 1000 miles per second already picturing the trophy. If Nadal dosnt get injured wawrinka might even have take the match 3-0 sets. That's how good he was. There's no way Nadal was winning the match healthy or injured.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

a disgrace to the game because he cant beat federer, novak or nadal ... sounds stupid, jjgold

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

regarding tsonga - obviously a top player, definitely has the smarts to take a top title but he is not physically fit enough, would really have to train hard and dedicate himself for a chance

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Goatmilk, I believe your wrong with wawrinka not beating Nadal if he wasn't injured.

wawrinka was mopping the floor with Nadal befor he hurt himself. AfterNadal hurt himself wawrinka got excited and thought it was "in the bag, so to speak" with this thinking he went on lose lose a set. He was distracted, his brain was moving 1000 miles per second already picturing the trophy. If Nadal dosnt get injured wawrinka might even have take the match 3-0 sets. That's how good he was. There's no way Nadal was winning the match healthy or injured.
    It's not hard for a top player to win 1 set against Nadal. Winning 3 is a different story. Him mopping the floor with Nadal in set 1 has nothing to do with how the rest of the match would have went. Nadal would have grinded him down in a best of 5.

Also Nadal has intangible that could have made up for his sloppy play. Nadal is a cold blooded killer on the court. He is like Jordan or Bryant in that respect. He has no mercy. Wawrinka is a pussy in that respect. If Nadal saw his opponent's back was spazzing up, he would have just crushed his opponent. He feels no sympathy for you during the match. No mercy. No one else in tennis has the same killer mentality like Nadal, not even Federer.