JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

What's up with (some) people in here?

I'm new here. That's obvious I guess. Was glad I stumbled across this forum as I've followed tennis closely for many years.

But I have to ask, what's up with some of the members in here? The majority are great from what I can tell.. but ProAD and Cannin for example.. They're just the lowest of lows.

It really degrades an otherwise nice place to discuss tennis. A shame really.

Anyway my question is - Are they a "constant" in here? Only asking because I can't be bother filtering through their intellectually challenged diatribe in every second thread.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

What are you new to the internet or something?

They are more or less constant on every public board on the web, perhaps not individually but certainly as a whole.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
    I'm new here. That's obvious I guess. Was glad I stumbled across this forum as I've followed tennis closely for many years.

But I have to ask, what's up with some of the members in here? The majority are great from what I can tell.. but ProAD and Cannin for example.. They're just the lowest of lows.

It really degrades an otherwise nice place to discuss tennis. A shame really.

Anyway my question is - Are they a "constant" in here? Only asking because I can't be bother filtering through their intellectually challenged diatribe in every second thread.
    I am afraid you will have to learn to deal with that. Those two are relative newcomers but there are almost always 1-2 posters around like those two. Still, compared to pretty much all other subfora, this forum is a beacon of civility.

JC1186

So no mods here then? Anything goes.

Fine by me. Just getting a feel of what to expect. So no "ignore" feature then?

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
    So no mods here then? Anything goes.

Fine by me. Just getting a feel of what to expect. So no "ignore" feature then?
    Yes there are mods and there is an ignore feature that you can activate yourself. But those two are actually not that evil at all compared to a few I have seen in the past. As Hardcoar has said, are you new to the whole internet discussion business ? There is also some fun in trolling the trolls, if you feel like it.

Hardcoar

Yeah I've been begging for moderation for so long, but nothing at all no. I mean... I should've been banned last year for f*ck's sake!

You have three options:

1. Ignore.
    2. Ignore feature.
    3. Report post.

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

fuk moderation. theyre clueless when it comes to enforcing their own rules.

ignore the trolls.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mod is a title like Executive Vice President or Producer ... it looks fancy on paper, but means shit-all for actual responsibility. Mods do very little here as far as actual enforcement.

JC1186

Ignore list found. Thanks!

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Usually there are a few active ghost accounts used by sbr staff to stir the pot around the forum. Also to run off any posters who are posting too many winners which is frowned upon by those who run things. Poster names change but the schtick remains the same.

professionalAD
    professionalAD's Avatar Become A Pro!

im the lowest of the lows? are u kidding me kid? someone comes bombarding into my thread saying i dont bet real money, how am i supposed to act? sit the fuuck down clown...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Frugal whose ghost are you? How do you know so much about sbr in the few months you've been here?

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by professionalAD View Post
    im the lowest of the lows? are u kidding me kid? someone comes bombarding into my thread saying i dont bet real money, how am i supposed to act? sit the fuuck down clown...
    No one came bombarding into your thread saying you don't bet real money – someone came into your thread asking whether you bet real money for good reason. You're supposed to act by saying "yes, I bet real money", instead of going apeshit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ignore is the best or laugh at them bashers like I do

Good luck guy