poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Delboner to take 8 games from Ferrer...

I know Ferrer is on quite a run but 19.5 games seems low to me for the over/under. Delboner is a very good clay court player and these two have never met, which means David will have to spend a little time figuring him out. Also, Boner should have no pressure on him in this match, so he can play free. Let me know if you disagree and why.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

can't see it happening mate, but maybe i'm wrong
    GL

mtc44380
    mtc44380's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 466

I agree -I don't see it happening.
    6 or 7 games.... 6-3, 6-4 or something close.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by mtc44380 View Post
    I agree -I don't see it happening.
    6 or 7 games.... 6-3, 6-4 or something close.
    In that case the +5.5 handicap would win. But you guys are right, this is not a bet based on anything but a hunch, which probably means I'll lay off. Thanks for the input.

JD AMBER
    JD AMBER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually like Delbonis' chances of keeping this one somewhat competitive. I can't get Delbonis' performance at Hamburg last year out of my head, impressive as that was (though it was six months ago.) Ferrer is playing well, no denying that, but over the last year, as he has struggled, he seems to get pushed to three sets more often than you might think by guys you wouldn't necessarily expect (last tournament notwithstanding.) Ferrer has a knack for pulling out the close matches so taking ML never crossed my mind (I don't like Delbonis THAT much) but I'm considering a play on +1.5 sets at 3.00 or +5.5 games.

Would like to hear more opinions on Delbonis though if they're out there.

mtc44380

You are correct - however it could easily go 6-2, 6-3, or worse. Ferrer will win.... but it hard to handicap how hard he will try if he wants to save energy for the later rounds.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of my golden rule in betting is, never bet vs Ferrer by handicap games, he screwed me so many times.
    The guy's never happy with 1 break up, he'll try to break twice or thrice if he can.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    One of my golden rule in betting is, never bet vs Ferrer by handicap games, he screwed me so many times.
    The guy's never happy with 1 break up, he'll try to break twice or thrice if he can.
    I imagine that's partly because his own serve is not the greatest so he tries to get a big lead, just in case.

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

Saving energy and Ferrer should not be put in one sentence... This guy is a beast.

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

The over did hit but the 8 games did not. Unlucky.

Metaphor
    Metaphor's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was impressed by Delbonis, he kept up in the rallies in the first set and was clutch saving 4 or 5 set points before the tiebreak. Also had break point to go 2-0 in the second but couldn't convert and was mentally drained after Ferrer broke the in the next game. Delbonis has a huge serve and big forehand, he can do some damage in the upcoming clay tournaments.. Ferrer was just too solid today.

poet

My math was off. I would need 8 if the score was 6-4 6-4 in order to go ver 19.5 but only 7 games if it was 7-6 6-1. Regardless, I didn't bet. It was that kind of a night. Ughhh....

mtc44380

No worries! There were/are better bets out there!
    Tomorrow (today) is a new day!