Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Gulbis v. Dimitrov

Seems to me the price for this one is set solely on the Nadal/Dimitrov match

There is 2.50 around for Gulbis. I don't think Gulbis' form on paper is that bad. That 3 set loss to Querrey was when it was stupidly hot at the Aus Open, doubt a guy from Latvia has experienced that too often. Also he had no prep in Australia for the Open so I don't read much into losing the first set to Monaco either in R1.

I had the over in the Dimi and Tursunov game and Dimi was lucky Tursunov got hurt.

What's everyone think?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is most definitely not set based on one match. Price is fair IMO. Dimitrov playing more consistent tennis this year so far.

stepanekslips
    stepanekslips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dream matchup and Gulbis will win.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Dimitrov wins here.

I've done no research and and have no information to support my prediction.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

​price is bang on. Dimitrov is growing up a bit IMO. Gulbis should just go back to his partying days

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

This can be a close one. I would still prefer Gulbis, more talent, and he enjoys playing the offensive minded players. So odds are great here on dog. Looked a bit rusty against Istomin (who by the way played like sh.t) but Grigor was also struggling in 1st round. So whoever has more unforced errors will lose.

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz22 View Post
    This can be a close one. I would still prefer Gulbis, more talent, and he enjoys playing the offensive minded players. So odds are great here on dog. Looked a bit rusty against Istomin (who by the way played like sh.t) but Grigor was also struggling in 1st round. So whoever has more unforced errors will lose.
    and guess who historically has the highest UE average between the two?

e.g. EG

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by innn View Post
    and guess who historically has the highest UE average between the two?

e.g. EG
    History does not matter in this case, would be more interesting to see what is their W-L record when playing an opponent for the first time. EG always is on high numbers when it comes to UE but that's more noticeable against defensive ball put-backers, not Dimitrov-likes. Honestly, the only way he loses this one is if Grigor plays effectively, not giving away easy points....which i doubt will happen.

addictedto
    addictedto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

I should win today, but who knows

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

Set 1 6-4 Gulbis
    .. Grigor LIVE @3.00 is worth a shot. or Grigor +2.5 games at 1.90

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

ko' ching

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

The difference was Gulbis' serve. Really clutch on the break points in the second set. The % of points won by Gulbis in a rallies over a few shots would have been minute. The lob the first point of the breaker was an enormous point.

Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    ​Dimitrov is growing up a bit IMO.
    I dunno about that. Last month he was preparing for a match in Kooyong just before the start of the Australian Open by reading FHM magazine. Was funny to see

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Fawk U Dimitrov

Wager Type : Parlay (5 team)
    Wager Status : LossRisk / To Win Amount :
    Accepted : 2/12/2014 10:34PM - PST
    Lost :
    #1) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Loss
    Sport / Period : ATP Match Betting Tennis / Game
    Selection : G. Dimitrov
    Time : 2/13/2014 5:05:01AM - (EST)
    Line : -155
    Game Notes : MATCH WAGERING - A full set must be completed for money line wagers to have action. The spread and total are based on sets and the full match must be completed for action. On first set betting, 1st set must be completed for money line wagers to be valid.
    #2) Wager Type : Spread
    Outcome : Win
    Selection : T. Berdych
    Time : 2/13/2014 7:00:01AM - (EST)
    Line : -1½ -210
    Game Notes : MATCH WAGERING - A full set must be completed for money line wagers to have action. The spread and total are based on sets and the full match must be completed for action. On first set betting, 1st set must be completed for money line wagers to be valid.
    #3) Wager Type : Money Line
    Selection : J. Janowicz
    Time : 2/13/2014 7:00:01AM - (EST)
    Line : -175
    #4) Wager Type : Spread
    Selection : J. Del Potro
    Time : 2/13/2014 9:00:01AM - (EST)
    Line : -1½ -280
    #5) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Pending
    Selection : J. Chardy
    Time : 2/13/2014 12:05:01PM - (EST)
    Line : -130