GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Bouchard will have a more successful tennis career than Sharapova

When its all said and done, Bouchard will win more singles tournaments and majors than Sharapova

Better server, more athletic, all around better player.

Genie will be >

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

ok?

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Surrender your love.
    Points Awarded:

face gave STAY STRONG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

People are blowing their load too early on Bouchard. She indeed has talent but to say she will have a better career than Sharapova is nuts. Don't forget dude, Sharapova was prolific already at 18. She had already won a grand slam at 18 and then another slam 2 years later. She's got four grand slam titles and over 30 other career titles. You think Bouchard is going to win over 30 titles in her career??

Hell no, she'll be lucky to win 2 slams in her career.

I'm not a Sharapova fan at all but I give props when it's due and Bouchard will not have a better career than Pova.......I will lay -300 on that.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

when serena retires genie will dominate. these b11tches on tour aint ready

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Muguruza will be better than Bouchard.....bank on it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: frugalgambler

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    People are blowing their load too early on Bouchard. She indeed has talent but to say she will have a better career than Sharapova is nuts. Don't forget dude, Sharapova was prolific already at 18. She had already won a grand slam at 18 and then another slam 2 years later. She's got four grand slam titles and over 30 other career titles. You think Bouchard is going to win over 30 titles in her career??

Hell no, she'll be lucky to win 2 slams in her career.

I'm not a Sharapova fan at all but I give props when it's due and Bouchard will not have a better career than Pova.......I will lay -300 on that.
    I have to disagree somewhat here MDF. Sharapova busted on to the scene at a early age of 18 and won a title, that's outstanding. Sonce then Sharapova has only won 3 slams in roughly 11 years. I've been watching Bouchard and she's been outstanding. She's one of the few 19 year olds that took a set off Serena last year. Sharapova sure hasnt done that in awhile. Bouchard has the hight, the power, and decent lateral movement to win. Once Bouchard gets rid of the mental issues during sets, she's going to be a force. Remember she's only 19 so far. I think with Serena retiring coupled with vastly maturing, I believe Bouchard will win between 5-10 in her career. She will change female tennis for Canada. Sharapova is too much of a giant baby/pansy to get it done anymore. Bouchard accepts her mistakes, and carries on. She's on to something special, I give her less than 3 years befor she wins a slam. Once she gets that one, the rest will be that much easier.

In sharapova a defence, she's had to contend with Venus& Serena. Sharapova could probably have 4-6 more titles for sure

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed. Unfair to compare anyone stuck in the Serena era to someone who won't have to deal with her for more than probably two-three years of their career.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Bouchard losing to Mattek-Sands today in the first round.....

Told ya guys, this chic still has a lot of holes in her game. She is a LONG WAY from being anywhere close the career of Pova.

This chic will not come close to winning 30 titles .....I guarantee it.

matt1216

Told ya guys, this chic still has a lot of holes in her game. She is a LONG WAY from being anywhere close the career of Pova.

Yeah the French part may hamper her a bit.... What is it with French tennis players.. They just suck out of nowhere for no reason at all. She was coming off a Davis cup win where she didn't have to really try. I'm thinking that hurt her game a lot.

DownTheLine
    DownTheLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Every loss a hahaha I told you so? Do you even watch the game of tennis bro?

This is not as big of a shocker of a loss and a lot in the betting world were on Mattek to win this match. She already beat her once this year in the very same exact fashion. Now I don't want to blame "being tired" but Genie in their first meeting this year was fatigued and the very same dominoes were set up for today's betting upset. Genie is very into Fed Cup and was coming off giving 2 points to Canada to wrap the rubber up in World Group II and It'd be silly not to think coming into this tournament there would be some kind of dip in her play. Lets remember she's still young and these kind of turn arounds at this level are something a player has to get used to. There are high quality players littered in every draw and if you don't bring your goods, or your the least bit tired or the slightest bit off you could just get smacked.

Genie of course has holes so acting as if that is some kind of proclamation is amusing. Her second serve needs work and her first serve % leaves a lot to be desired at times. I'm not sure if it's her footwork or anticipation skills but she can put herself into bad sports defensively where she isn't able to recover at all on the next shot. She's 19! There is a lot to work on with should be the case with any 19 year old but she has the tools, the drive and if you've heard her in multiple interviews the right attitude and mindset to take her game to the next level.

I wouldn't go calling her French just yet either. I'm not sure today was so much nerves it just kind of happened and snowballed from there, she didn't show a hella ton of nerves in the Aussie Open for how deep she was going into the tournament and how unfamiliar the territory was for her. This should be a fun thread, look forward to posting pics of Genie lifting trophies.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Sharapova won her first title at 17 not eighteen. She also had to compete with the likes of Henin and Clijsters early in her career, not just the Williams sisters. As for Bouchard, it is too early to tell; but she does not seem to have the drive to earn her a career grand slam. She will age badly too, she is already wearing hideous babooshka dresses. Right now, it really looks like if Serena wants to compete into her 40s, she can keep winning those titles. The new guard is not looking very impressive.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Did you really just refer to BMS the mindless ball basher as a 'high quality player'???

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by DownTheLine View Post
    Every loss a hahaha I told you so? Do you even watch the game of tennis bro?
    I cap tennis professionally, know the weaknesses/strengths of every player in the WTA and ATP pretty much in the top 50 of the last ten years.

Other than that .....I don't watch tennis much.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by STAY STRONG View Post
    Did you really just refer to BMS the mindless ball basher as a 'high quality player'???
    If he called BMS a "high quality player", that just displayed his tennis IQ right there.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sharapova is big time player..many will never come close to her. Most tennis players lack consistency on mens and womens side.

DownTheLine
    DownTheLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Who called BMS a high quality player anywhere? LOL

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

After her Justin Bieber comment I hope she wins ZERO tournaments.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Halep will have a better career than Muguruza and Bouchard... bank all your houses on it. Possibly Sharapova too

Halep won titles on clay, on concrete and on grass last season (the only player who did this in both ATP/WTA). With her winning titles pace and being only 23, she can surpass 30 career wins easily, as long as she plays like this

She does not matchup well with Li Na, but she can beat her when she is 100%.
    Last edited by kenz; 02-17-14 at 12:21 AM.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    Halep will have a better career than Muguruza and Bouchard... bank all your houses on it. Possibly Sharapova too

Halep won titles on clay, on concrete and on grass last season (the only player who did this in both ATP/WTA). With her winning titles pace and being only 23, she can surpass 30 career wins easily, as long as she plays like this

She does not matchup well with Li Na, but she can beat her when she is 100%.
    Titles don't mean a lot... It's about the Slams. Halep dosnt have the strength to push around the power hitters. She will have to rely on finess. She may win more titles but she won't win shit when it counts in the slams.

kenz

Slams are more important I agree, but she can win slams.

She hit pretty strong in Doha, but not so good in Australia Open. Slams might be a mental thing for her right now, she needs to think she can win one. She is way better than Bartoli or Schiavone when they won titles

kenz

Unlike ATP, in WTA the number of sets in a Slam game is not different from 250-500 events. You need to play better opponents, as all seeded players are here and you need to win 7 consecutive games instead of 4 or 5. Other than that everything is same. She needs to prepare herself mentally for this, I dont see why she cant win one when she wins on every ground. When Serena, Azarenka and Masha is off, like probably this season, she has a shot

Masha is really good on clay but not so good on hard courts after Azarenka began to win titles. She only won 2 titles last 3 years or so on hard courts, beating 2nd tier players. Serena may get uninterested after all these years and Azarenka is struggling with her form since the end of 2013
    Last edited by kenz; 02-17-14 at 12:45 AM.

MartyFR
    MartyFR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Got seduced by her looks, now got her 2-0 vs Beck in Dubai qualifier.

Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

Today in qualifying she showed potential Grand Slam winner material

matt1216

lol

Kaepernicking
    Kaepernicking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    When its all said and done, Bouchard will win more singles tournaments and majors than Sharapova

Better server, more athletic, all around better player.

Genie will be >
    wow thats quite a statement!!!

kenz

No she wont. There was no twitter, Bieber, facebook, instagram then. These will cost a few slams

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

will genie win any slams after major shoulder reconstruction? not sure why comparison to sharapova's career is meaningful. sharapova plays with a bad wing even though she could buy all of canada and exile genie to the north pole.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You gotta win one Slam before you get into this conversation. Semis are nice and all, but ask Djokovic what semifinals and finals appearances have gotten him in the last year and a half now ...

Even then, let's slow your roll and see how she does for a couple years in a row. Lots of players have had one great year and then faded back to the pack.

Women's game should be pretty wide open for the forseeable future at all Slams with Serena on the outs. Bouchard. Radwanska. Halep. Kvitova. Maybe Azarenka if she refinds herself. All have chances to establish themselves with a # of Slams.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 07-02-14 at 06:49 PM.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

eugenie is this generations martina hingis

karpo13
    karpo13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I see genie winning over Halep. She hasn't lost a set this tournament and has played better competition IMO. She is in great form and I can't see her losing to Halep. Genie 2-1.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by karpo13 View Post
    I see genie winning over Halep. She hasn't lost a set this tournament and has played better competition IMO. She is in great form and I can't see her losing to Halep. Genie 2-1.
    still a woman, think whale face has another mishap tomorrow