No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Berdych/Wawrinka line is +110/-130 at Bookmaker vs. +125/-150 at Bovada

Is it common for books to be this far apart on a tennis line, or is CRIS leaning Berdych here?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Looks like Stan has won six of the last seven matchups with Berdych, yet he's only -130?

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nah, that's nothing.

I've seen differences of over 60 cents across books sometimes. Also, if you notice, Bovada has a quarter juice spread right there so its not much of a difference. Plus CRIS isnt the sharpest book for tennis , far from it.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

whats your lean magic

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Looks like Stan has won six of the last seven matchups with Berdych, yet he's only -130?
    h2h is deceiving. they've all been tight matches, neither guy has won in straight sets and they've gone into a bunch of tiebreakers. slight value on birdshit or bet the over imo.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Nah, that's nothing.

I've seen differences of over 60 cents across books sometimes. Also, if you notice, Bovada has a quarter juice spread right there so its not much of a difference. Plus CRIS isnt the sharpest book for tennis , far from it.
    Thanks MDF.

Just seems like Wawrinka should be -150 minimum here. Owned their recent series together, coming off a huge win over Joker.

sk47
    sk47's Avatar Become A Pro!

So whats da lean

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    whats your lean magic

I'm on Wawrinka.

minathomas88
    minathomas88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1315

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Thanks MDF.

Just seems like Wawrinka should be -150 minimum here. Owned their recent series together, coming off a huge win over Joker.

If you noticed... Wawrinka played a grueling 5setter (bassically 6 sets) since it was 10-9 or 9-7 in the last

Berdych on the other hand is FRESH he has had no real tough matches so far hence why wawrinka is not that short. If they both had even rest they Wawrinka will be clear fave however the stats show that those who play a 5 setter are about 35-40% more likely to lose their next game.

I am liking Wawrinka to win first set and lose match at $6.5

Hope that info is useful

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by minathomas88 View Post
    If you noticed... Wawrinka played a grueling 5setter (bassically 6 sets) since it was 10-9 or 9-7 in the last

Berdych on the other hand is FRESH he has had no real tough matches so far hence why wawrinka is not that short. If they both had even rest they Wawrinka will be clear fave however the stats show that those who play a 5 setter are about 35-40% more likely to lose their next game.

Hope that info is useful
    Will be an interesting match to watch. Thanks.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I'm on Wawrinka.
    just hard on rinka ML? anything else you like?

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by minathomas88 View Post

Hope that info is useful
    This is interesting, but this does not take into account the fact that usually dudes that go 5 sets in a previous round are not playing well enough to beat a better opponent in the next round. Top players like Djoker/Nadal tend to rebound quite nicely after a grueling 5-setter. E.g. in 2011/2012 Waw beat Tsonga/Gasquet in five and then lost to Feds/Nadal. Do you honestly think his chances to beat them were that much lowered against those two by playing a five setter ?

The fatigue will be a factor but I think Wawrinka is one of the better players in terms of endurance. Plus with the way these two are serving a lot of the points should be relatively fast.