PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Potro Tursunov

Any chance Potro doesn't give full effort here to rest for the open? Tursunov isn't a bad player and I would imagine wants this match a bit more. I think if he pushes Del Potro early he may fold. Any thoughts/opinion on Turs around +400 right now?

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Delpo made it this far he is going to want to win the tournament. Why would he want to rest for the open when he can get guaranteed points here ?

ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't underestimate Tursy just because Del Potro's a big name. Tursy is an exceptionally talented, aggressive first strike style shotmaker. He took a set off Del Potro last season, backed the overs and was delighted. I'd give him a 70/30 probability of him doing it again.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by losschaser View Post
    If Delpo made it this far he is going to want to win the tournament. Why would he want to rest for the open when he can get guaranteed points here ?
    A hell of a lot more money is riding on the open. You win 1 round and it pays better than winning some of these tournaments. You are probably right, but it's just an angle I'm looking at and wanted feedback.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
    Don't underestimate Tursy just because Del Potro's a big name. Tursy is an exceptionally talented, aggressive first strike style shotmaker. He took a set off Del Potro last season, backed the overs and was delighted. I'd give him a 70/30 probability of him doing it again.
    I wish my book had first set betting. Guy likes to start slow.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking Over 21.5 games here. Del Potro won't just lie down, and Tursunov is serving quite well right now. I would think there's a very good potential for a tiebreak set and/or it to go 3 sets.

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I'm taking Over 21.5 games here. Del Potro won't just lie down, and Tursunov is serving quite well right now. I would think there's a very good potential for a tiebreak set and/or it to go 3 sets.

I'm gonna take the overs inplay, with a 2-0 or 4-2 lead, or whatever it is for potro in the first set, the overs will be 18.5 or 19.5 lol.

ClutchOnandWin

The overs are value for technical reasons more than motivational IMO. Tursy is extremely unprofessional when he wants to be and tanks 25% of his matches on tour I'd say but he is gears for tennis this week. Early signs.

PharaohUB

thanks for input guys. going to take the over in this match and stak later tonight