poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Interesting prop bet

I posted this on EP's thread but there are a couple of guys cluttering up the thread, so here it is again:

Over 225½ Minutes at -115 for Nadal/Joker. Their last title meeting 2011 at the Open went 4 hours 10 minutes and the final set was 6-1. I think this is way better line than over 3.5 sets at -260.

mrlif1
    carrie got her period in the shower
    mrlif1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

at BOL - 4 sets for +140, 5 sets for +175...agree that the over 3.5 for -260 is a stupid stupid bet

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I clutter every thread, mind you!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

^
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

No shit

poet

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    ^
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

No shit
    And the prop bet?

EaglesPhan36

Tough to say though. Their Montreal match was 2:30 for three sets, so if you go by that - you'd need 1:15 4th set to get it done in four sets. Obviously if it goes 5, you nail it. If it's four, it's a crapshoot IMO.

poet

Tough to say though. Their Montreal match was 2:30 for three sets, so if you go by that - you'd need 1:15 4th set to get it done in four sets. Obviously if it goes 5, you nail it. If it's four, it's a crapshoot IMO.
    True. But from what I recall EP, and correct me if I'm wrong, that was a faster surface. I also hear that the humid conditions today (heavier balls) will favor longer rallies.

EaglesPhan36

It's not really that humid there right now from what I see, could be a little more humid later in the match according to the weather forecast. I wouldn't bank on longer rallies be the key though. Remember how Rafa played in Montreal - aggressive and shorter points. He moves more to the net now in an effort to cut down on long points/wear & tear on his body. There will still be plenty of long rallies, I'm sure - but I don't think you can count on this match to mirror anything they've played before this year on hard courts.

I think if it's going to go over, what you need more of is both players getting into the other's serves so you see a lot of deuce games on-serve.

And yes, I do believe Montreal was faster than these courts - but not a monster difference according to the TI court ratings I saw.

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well nole played a 20 min game with wawa, so you'd need just couple of those in three sets and you hit

poet

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Hawkins View Post
    Well nole played a 20 min game with wawa, so you'd need just couple of those in three sets and you hit
    Thanks for the reminder Sam. Let's hope so.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

^
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

No shit

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Hawkins View Post

poet

It's not really that humid there right now from what I see, could be a little more humid later in the match according to the weather forecast. I wouldn't bank on longer rallies be the key though. Remember how Rafa played in Montreal - aggressive and shorter points. He moves more to the net now in an effort to cut down on long points/wear & tear on his body. There will still be plenty of long rallies, I'm sure - but I don't think you can count on this match to mirror anything they've played before this year on hard courts.

I think if it's going to go over, what you need more of is both players getting into the other's serves so you see a lot of deuce games on-serve.

And yes, I do believe Montreal was faster than these courts - but not a monster difference according to the TI court ratings I saw.
    Yeah, I'm banking on close games and also guys really taking their time between points (without getting called for time violations.)