GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

venus williams

THought it was pretty funny how every single comment on ESPN streak for cash was

"I thought she retired years ago"
    "Bertens wins easy"
    "Venus loses 6-0 6-0"
    "People only picking Venus based off her name"

Call me a sucker then because im on Venus today. Guess I will risk fading all the ESPN "experts"

Ushpa
    Ushpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3085

Currently 71.3% of the picks are on Venus on SFTC so you're actually in the majority which means you're running with the sheep. Sorry to ruin your illusion of being a maverick on this one. BOL with Venus.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by Ushpa View Post
    Currently 71.3% of the picks are on Venus on SFTC so you're actually in the majority which means you're running with the sheep. Sorry to ruin your illusion of being a maverick on this one. BOL with Venus.
    Disagree. Sheep are on Kiki. Numbers say Venus but I don't buy it...especially when NOBODY was commenting on taking Venus, not a soul. Liked Venus before I saw that and all the moron comments made me like it even more.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Blue, Venus is playing Flipkens not Kiki Bertens; big diff. But yeah, I am sure Venus does not want to lose in the 1st round of what is probably her last US open. Looks good for you in the 1st set.

GoBlue77

Good catch. Not sure why I kept posting Kiki lol

Ushpa
    Ushpa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3085

The K. Flipkins / Venus Williams pick on SFTC locked at match time with Venus having 71.1% to 28.9% for Flipkins which makes Venus a majority pick. What you fail to realize is that a very small -- but vocal -- minority of the total pickers in any proposition on SFTC post their opinions on the chatboards but they do not necessarily represent the majority, and certainly in this case -- taking into account the representative comments you posted -- it appears to be a case in point. Regardless, it appears that Venus is kicking ass and taking numbers, so it appears that you are on the correct side so congrats.