bass7
    bass7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

rogers cup (womens qualifiers)

havent posted here in a while and thought it would be fun posting some picks on tmrws qualifying games at the rogers cup in toronto... the reason i chose it is cuz im from toronto and watched day 1 of qualifying today and i think theres some value in these picks

mattek-sands -275 riske +200

riske took her opening qualifer at 6-0 6-0 and although i did not get to see this match i got to see a bit of mattek-sands first qualifier and she looked vulnerable... imo the line should be a lot closer than what it is

kuznetzova -450 davis +300

this is the pick i really like, kuznetzova today played really bad she survived vania king only because king played even worse than she did.... twice king had a 5-2 and 4-2 lead in the set going into her serve and just fell apart.... there were a lot of unforced errors from kuznetzova hitting balls wide and long and overall just very inconsistent play from her and got behind early but was able to battle back due to king handing her the match... lauren davis seemed to be playing pretty consistent in her qualifier albeit against a lesser known opponent but i really think if davis can get the ball over kuznetzova will only beat herself and wont be able to dig herself out of a hole if she falls behind early if she continues the way she played today .... def not taking -450 on her

i guess we will see if im crazy good or crazy stupid tmrw..... thanks for looking -- cheers

bass7

after 2 tiebreaks in the first two sets... riske pulls away in the third set and takes the match 7-6 6-7 6-0
    and as expected kuznetzova just wrapping up a 3 set defeat to lauren davis 5-7 6-4 6-4

2-0 +5u

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

nice calls dude!

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Razor sharp picks here. Will you be in Toronto all week?

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Well done! Don't get raped in North York!

bass7

thanks i live in toronto but wont be going to any of the other games when the official tourney starts due to work and stuff... i only got to watch the first day of qualifying because the qualifying weekend is free to the public for the rogers cup put out those picks cuz after watching those more recognizable names play so bad that first day def saw some value than taking chalk vs lesser known opponents

now that the draw is set it looks like kuznetzova and davis are squaring off again for some reason due to the lucky loser rule??? (azarenka and petrova withdrew late so i guess they need bodies to take their spots) kuznetzova -250 davis +175 unless kuznetzova figures something out in the next 24-48 hrs look for a repeat

(you may want to hedge your bet by taking kuznetzova to win 2-1 +250 or davis to win 2-1 +500 since this may go 3 sets again)

and ill go out on a limb and ride riske since she is playing so well atm she should take care of kiki bertens (another qualifier) in the first round
    bertens +120 riske -163

didnt get to see much of anyone else when i was there saturday so cant say much for anyone else (although yanina wickmayer is surprisingly bigger than i imagined her to be lol)

bass7

looked really promising today when riske won the second set 6-1 but couldnt put bertens away in the third perhaps 3 matches in 3 days took its toll.... we'll see if davis can beat kuz for a second time

2-1 +3.37u

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by bass7 View Post
    thanks i live in toronto but wont be going to any of the other games when the official tourney starts due to work and stuff... i only got to watch the first day of qualifying because the qualifying weekend is free to the public for the rogers cup put out those picks cuz after watching those more recognizable names play so bad that first day def saw some value than taking chalk vs lesser known opponents

now that the draw is set it looks like kuznetzova and davis are squaring off again for some reason due to the lucky loser rule??? (azarenka and petrova withdrew late so i guess they need bodies to take their spots) kuznetzova -250 davis +175 unless kuznetzova figures something out in the next 24-48 hrs look for a repeat

(you may want to hedge your bet by taking kuznetzova to win 2-1 +250 or davis to win 2-1 +500 since this may go 3 sets again)

and ill go out on a limb and ride riske since she is playing so well atm she should take care of kiki bertens (another qualifier) in the first round
    bertens +120 riske -163

didnt get to see much of anyone else when i was there saturday so cant say much for anyone else (although yanina wickmayer is surprisingly bigger than i imagined her to be lol)
    OK cool. I use to live a few min. from the stadium and it's honestly a pretty shtty area. I bet the players prefer Montreal lol. Let's go Davis!

bass7

yeah its a pretty shitty area and its in the middle of nowhere.... looks like the players are treated pretty well in toronto though

so the fading kuznetzova play works again as she is bounced from the tournament for the second time 3-6 7-5 7-5 lol... also played the davis to win 2-1 for +500 and it pays off

4-1 +10.12u