EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pocket Rocket, Robin Soderling

Lookin' to add extra bank to my pockets before the big football weekend.

Soderling vs. Djokovic [Soderling +175]
    Soderling has only allowed two break opportunities in three matches this week in Tokyo, saving one. His serve has been stellar and suits well to this surface. Djokovic rolled through his first two matches before playing a schizo three setter against Verdasco yesterday where he rolled him 6-3, 6-1 in the two sets he won, while losing 6-1 in the other. Djokovic has offered up 14 break opps this tourney and saved 8. Before the Verdasco match, I'd have said Djokovic was the pick here - but his struggles against Verdasco show that I won't be trusting his -200 or so price tag. Soderling has yet to beat Djokovic in 3 career meetings, but of course as many will point out - that was before Soderling's big breakout season here in 2009. I think if Soderling can dominate with his serve, he has a shot here and offers the better play for the price & for me, the best shot to win at plus odds among the men's matches this evening/early morning. I haven't won much in tennis recently with some sporadic plays, so don't take this as anything more than my opinion and do what you wanna do with the info.

Ulver86
    some pick here
    Ulver86's Avatar Become A Pro!

my only concern with this is tactics

soderling is a much better mover laterally than he is vertically up and back to the net, Djoker likes to play those drop shots and that will give Soderling a lot of fits - Verdasco is also better than Soderling still, at least IMO, and the way Djoker just crushed verdasco in the 3rd set would give me pause

bol still to you Eagles

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Lookin' to add extra bank to my pockets before the big football weekend.

Soderling vs. Djokovic [Soderling +175]
    Soderling has only allowed two break opportunities in three matches this week in Tokyo, saving one. His serve has been stellar and suits well to this surface. Djokovic rolled through his first two matches before playing a schizo three setter against Verdasco yesterday where he rolled him 6-3, 6-1 in the two sets he won, while losing 6-1 in the other. Djokovic has offered up 14 break opps this tourney and saved 8. Before the Verdasco match, I'd have said Djokovic was the pick here - but his struggles against Verdasco show that I won't be trusting his -200 or so price tag. Soderling has yet to beat Djokovic in 3 career meetings, but of course as many will point out - that was before Soderling's big breakout season here in 2009. I think if Soderling can dominate with his serve, he has a shot here and offers the better play for the price & for me, the best shot to win at plus odds among the men's matches this evening/early morning. I haven't won much in tennis recently with some sporadic plays, so don't take this as anything more than my opinion and do what you wanna do with the info.

play for points?

Ulver86
    some pick here

soderling already down a break, rough

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always seem to pick the match when solid servers decide to suck. Oh well.

Ulver86
    some pick here

still 2 more sets to go

i dont know how soderling can serve throwing the ball as high in the air as he does, dude ****ing tosses it up there like hes trying to hit the moon or something

Ulver86
    some pick here

djoker just too good, soderling was also a bit off from what i saw

RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

next time we play for points phan...