tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

there's a real shot that ag-rad or flipkens can win wimbledon

i like these two because they have the craftiest games of anyone left in the draw. radwanska is priced at +560, and flipkens at a whopping +2500. i particularly like the way it works out for flipkens - she has a 2-1 H2H with kvitova and I have a parlay with her beating her tomorrow, and the winner of that match plays stephens/bartoli (which should be an absolute shitshow btw), and again, i think flipkens' game is well suited to beat the winner of that match. her backhand slice & running around the forehand on weak second serves, along with her decent serving has me seeing her in the final. the winner of ag-rad/li should also be in the final, and i have a future on ag-rad to win her quarter @ +135 ish, which will cash if she does indeed beat li tomorrow. does anyone else see a polish-belgian final, or am i crazy?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucasdawg

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

pretty much all of the remaining players are fairly unreliable, which means yes, anyone can win.

tevari

i mean, im not discounting lisicki or kanepi, but in the latter round matches, i like players who play good D with solid, consistent groundstrokes. the aforementioned two players can hit anyone off the court, but can also be pushed off the court themselves by the likes of flipkens/radwanska.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

on this too i was also considering rad, if she pressures li na and causes them unforced errors we will be good, but she struggled yesterday which gets me iffy. flipkens has been doing aight also and i think if she comes out strong theres a real chance against kvitova. BOL

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I've been looking at this closely, for me I'm looking to put a bet on both Li and Rad at +527 and +645 respectively - to basically give +200 type odds for one of them to win. Per my other comments I'm discounting Lisicki (but may hedge her to win 2-1 in a potential semi) which leaves Kvitova, who I think A-Rad in particular matches up well with, and would generally have to show more mental stability than I've seen of late to win - which I'm not going to start assuming.

Li concerns me only in that she can go on UE error binges at times, and doesn't have a stellar record on grass; but she has the weapons to win. Radwanska can out scrap every other girl left in the tourney, I also like that Rad now has the slam final experience against Serena, and in this slam last year. She won't be fazed by the occasion.

As an outside speccy Flipkins is worth a shot, she's basically a poor mans Radwanksa and can allow the other girls to beat themselves.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Tough to put money on 2 pusher to win a grand slam

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

wow i disagree, but respect your opinion for sure

two pushers is right, i think. am taking li na and kvitova myself but whatever, gl

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Raddy pushed Pironkova into oblivion. One thing though, her UE % is insanely low. Whether she can outlast Li's firepower is the main issue today.

tevari

Getting interesting..

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Good insight Tevari. Good call man. Appreciate it.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Shoulda parlayed Rad and Flipkens today lol

gcd8
    Update your status
    gcd8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

i just hope fatoli doesn't win it all i rather see any of the other 3 just not a bartoli win that would be painful, what was bartoli's odds before tourny started had to be over 200-1

jinxpro1313
    jinxpro1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gcd8 View Post
    i just hope fatoli doesn't win it all i rather see any of the other 3 just not a bartoli win that would be painful, what was bartoli's odds before tourny started had to be over 200-1
    i hopped on board with EP when she was at 70 to 1.. would not mind that fat cow winning one bit.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Bartoli is not winning.

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Getting interesting..
    Post match Qts, Chrissie Evert agrees with ya and picked Flip to take out Bartoli.
    I'm sitting on Flip at +3200 to win it all.

jinxpro1313
    jinxpro1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Bartoli is not winning.
    I feel the same way, but I like your arrogance. It makes me feel like there is a chance.

Hardcoar

Radwanska @ 2.5 over Lisicki. Absolutely ridiculous!

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro1313 View Post
    I feel the same way, but I like your arrogance. It makes me feel like there is a chance.
    : )

I just don't see her winning Wimbledon. That's my "reasoning".

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Thanks for the post. I actually had Flipkens straight up v Kivitova so why not take the future? Unfortunately I was on the wrong side having Li to win it all.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Raddy > Lisicki. Period.