nod
    nod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Can Federer win a slam this season?

As a Federer fan it not so pleasing to watch him play this seaosn, I believe his standards have fallen this season. What's more shocking is he is yet to win a title this season( Hopefully he can win one today). Now my question to tennis fans here is, can federer win a slam this season, we have two more slams to play this season, wimbledon and US open, can he win one ? If yes, which one most probably?

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Of course he can. Particularly Wimbledon.

I don't think he will though...

To me a more interesting question is: Will Federer win an ATP title this year?

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

my book had a future for exactly that on murray, djokovic and federer to start the year. i took federer -350 not to win a slam this year, not a big amount, just a fun bet to pay dividends later. this was after the australian open but before the french. this pick was based not only on his poor form [by his standards], but also the reemergence of nadal, who seems to consistently beat fed on any surface except for indoor hard.

edit: fed just won halle, so the title question has been answered.

sbavi
    Update your status
    sbavi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see him winning a slam this year.His level of play is awful right now.He's showing slight brilliance at times.But,that won't be enough to beat Nadal,Djokovic or Murray.

Youzhny is usually easy pickings for Federer.But,even he took roger to 3 sets in Halle today.

Wimbledon is his best chance for him as the competition is much more on Hard courts when compared to grass.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    my book had a future for exactly that on murray, djokovic and federer to start the year. i took federer -350 not to win a slam this year, not a big amount, just a fun bet to pay dividends later. this was after the australian open but before the french. this pick was based not only on his poor form [by his standards], but also the reemergence of nadal, who seems to consistently beat fed on any surface except for indoor hard.

edit: fed just won halle, so the title question has been answered.
    Has it now? I had no idea Halle was a slam...

Also: Shouldn't Federer stand a better chance against Nadal on grass?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wimbledon or nothing. I think that is his best chance for the remainder of his career. Grass is still his best surface and it's a specialized surface that a lot of the young bucks who will nail him on hard courts ... do not have the skill/strategy to play on and win in a Best of Five format.