lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

ATP AEGON Championships

been off the game for a while been going with soccer. back now after all that clay action.

suggestion is that should wait since some players may need some transition matches.

going with the underdog here i dont know what are my chances here but i think

both players havent had that much grass court time at all.

G Pella 2.65 v D Evans 1.44

already made the play. any suggestions for the match? no - 'stay away' thank you its too late zzz

BOL everyone

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

should of waited... pella crap as crap can be on grass. fml hard

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I'm rather surprised because he was really quite good during the pre-Euroclay HC season. On the other hand he has been sucking ass for the last few matches even on clay.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think he had played a single match on grass, ever. Some guys take to it quickly, but young guys with no experience usually have difficulties.

Hardcoar

How is the difference between Grass and HC compared to Clay and HC, if you've any experience?

EaglesPhan36

Grass varies at all these tournaments. Generally, the courts are quick, but slippery with low bounce. I think it's the slickness of the surface that surprises some of the newbies and takes the most getting used to.

Hardcoar

I know how they affect play, but not by just how much. I was rather interested in how big a difference there is between the two scenarios of going from clay to HC and from HC to grass.

Also, do you know how Wimbledon measures up compared to other grass courts generally speaking?

EaglesPhan36

Wimbledon is supposed to be slower. Halle is pretty fast, look at Raonic's stats there - he gets a shit ton of aces.

I think it has to do with the percentage of grass used at the tournaments. I think it's rye grass if I remember that these tourneys use, but I think Halle & Queen's Club use a mix while Wimbledon is 100% rye. Of course the roof @ Wimbledon is the equalizer as we saw last year, making for lightning quick conditions.

Hardcoar

How is it that the roof affects play so much? Is it air pressure or temperature?

EaglesPhan36

Not sure. I read some stories from 2011 that claimed it slowed the ball and made it bounce up high. Last year though I swore the big thing was it made for quicker conditions which aided Federer's serve immensely in the final. I do know humidity comes into play under the roof, so more moisture.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

When they close the roof it becomes an indoor court. No wind of any kind, etc. Big edge for big servers and big hitters with the roof closed on a Grass court.

Hardcoar

And apart from the wind...?

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

feliciano lopez -180 vs berankis

surprised by this line. lopez is a great server and he could fit berankis in his racket bag if he wanted to.