dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Patience is so rewarding in gambling

I watched the 3rd set, watched Hass breaks Djokovic once, then twice ... and then when I saw him cramping after Djokovic broke and led 6-5 I took this bet with comfort:

Working on being patient has helped me so far to control gambling and turn it into a reward, even when I lost or won, I'm finally getting a grip of it.

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

you will get flamed on this board for game betting, but i agree that, while it doesnt make sense to bet every game or even more than a few, there are usually 1 or 2 games per match where you can be pretty positive that someone will hold, just based on body language and the rhythm of the match.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Nice hit! Do you have a £20000.00 bank roll?

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    you will get flamed on this board for game betting, but i agree that, while it doesnt make sense to bet every game or even more than a few, there are usually 1 or 2 games per match where you can be pretty positive that someone will hold, just based on body language and the rhythm of the match.
    Totally agree.
    I think personally that betting on games is a bet of losers, but I watched the game, marking on my computer, how I expect things to go, I told myself that I'm only looking for that game where the body language and the rhythm points to ... I was pretty sure I won't have any opportunity (which is fine, at least I enjoyed watching) but when Haas broke back after Djokovic had a match point as well on his serve etc etc I finally got this opportunity.

It's very useful to make a diary and count the time you spend on gambling and what you expect to happen and what really happens, this way you know if you're in control or not without risking money and that's what I've been doing alot of the times. I lost, yes, but also won, and thanks to my patience I've been winning much more than I've lost, so it's good to keep track and be in control, know exactly how much I spend etc.

Thanks.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    Nice hit! Do you have a £20000.00 bank roll?
    Thanks.
    No, I simply deposited £1,000 after Djokovic broke to 6-5.
    Then I placed the bet whilst the commercial of the Turkish Airlines was on Eurosport.
    And I already made a withdrawal back to my account.

By Friday I should get the £1,100 already back to my account I assume, they process withdrawals extremely fast.

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

kobe bryant wants his ice cream

ohumad

Usually people who don't budget go broke sooner or later. I would strongly suggest only betting a small percentage of the amount you have at your disposal for gambling if you aren't already.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like this system %100

dontknowhowtobet

Usually people who don't budget go broke sooner or later. I would strongly suggest only betting a small percentage of the amount you have at your disposal for gambling if you aren't already.
    I never used to bet a portion of an amount, I never like to keep money in my betting account ...

ohumad

I mean proper bankroll management is a good idea. If you have $10000 for gambling $500 wagers or less are probably ideal.

dontknowhowtobet

I mean proper bankroll management is a good idea. If you have $10000 for gambling $500 wagers or less are probably ideal.
    That's what I do, but I simply keep that $10,000 in my bank and not in my betting account.

Henkka
    Henkka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 820

Quote Originally Posted by baconbets View Post
    kobe bryant wants his ice cream

ohumad

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    That's what I do, but I simply keep that $10,000 in my bank and not in my betting account.
    Yea right on then

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice hit

bet_that_all
    bet_that_all's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

You were 50/50 to win. Djokovic lost his service also couple of times so that was very dumb bet. I think sooner or later you will lose. Only diferrence will be that you will not show us how stupid you are