CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000
    CaptainOmar111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rafael Nadal x Del-Potro ( Indian Wells Final )

Nadal x Del-Potro game tonight , any opinions ???

I want to take +1,5 sets for Nadal @ 1.22 or +1,5 set for Del-Potro @ 1.60

which is better ??? Delpotro played yesterday amazing game and I feel that he will win this tournament but still Nadal made amazing games against Federer and Berdytch so Iam confused , I will be happy to know any input and opinions !!! Good Luck

MasterBet
    Tennis betting are exhausting
    MasterBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 739

IMO Nadal more motiv when the Joker is out from the final..

Delpo play in 24h 6sets against top top players and if we want or not this shit is exhausting..

I expect to see close 1st set something like 7:5 7:6 to Nadal and then easy way to the cup.

Nadal 2-0

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBet View Post
    IMO Nadal more motiv when the Joker is out from the final..

Delpo play in 24h 6sets against top top players and if we want or not this shit is exhausting..

I expect to see close 1st set something like 7:5 7:6 to Nadal and then easy way to the cup.

Nadal 2-0
    you say Nadal nearer when the Joker Out , but Del-Potro who made the Joker out !!!! when a player beat the joker , he should be nearer right ? . I think 2-0 is some risky but I wish u the best luck ... what do you see in +1,5 sets for Nadal @ 1.27 ?

MasterBet

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOmar111 View Post
    you say Nadal nearer when the Joker Out , but Del-Potro who made the Joker out !!!! when a player beat the joker , he should be nearer right ? . I think 2-0 is some risky but I wish u the best luck ... what do you see in +1,5 sets for Nadal @ 1.27 ?
    All in bet.

For the Joker Tho. Delpo was more lucky then we thougts...Nadal know what happen to murry and nole(both lead 1-0 and mess that)and he will be more focus then usual..

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

All in bet.

For the Joker Tho. Delpo was more lucky then we thougts...Nadal know what happen to murry and nole(both lead 1-0 and mess that)and he will be more focus then usual..
    Great answer but If Delpotro not tired , he will simply destroy Nadal 2-0 , I will go +1,5 sets for Nadal @1.24 after I watch the games of yesterday to be sure
    Last edited by CaptainOmar111; 03-17-13 at 08:05 AM.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

First of all, why would Nadal be more motivated (or have a better motive, whichever you mean) simply because he's not playing Djokobokobo? Couldn't it just as well be the opposite, or irrelevant altogether?

Second of all, why would Nadal be more focused than usual? Because Po'Mo came back from a set down in the quarters and semis? If this is the case, why does it make you so sure it will increase his focus?

MasterBet

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    First of all, why would Nadal be more motivated (or have a better motive, whichever you mean) simply because he's not playing Djokobokobo? Couldn't it just as well be the opposite, or irrelevant altogether?

Second of all, why would Nadal be more focused than usual? Because Po'Mo came back from a set down in the quarters and semis? If this is the case, why does it make you so sure it will increase his focus?
    First of all, psychologically if we want to or not play against Joker it much more stressful / intimidating than playing against Del Potro.

Second of all after seeing the two ranked above him dropping their advantage and lost, he knows very well that he must not for one single moment to lose his concentration. And when he knows it from the start, I believe he will play aggressively and have been concentrated from the first point.
    Del Potro did not suddenly become Superman after getting two wins which are not real,if Nadal push hard from the start Delpo crush under fatigue and stress..

Please try to understand my head, and not try to begin to look where I am being silly lool

Hardcoar

I didn't mean to be offensive (if I was). I'm just not following your logic in this case.

You're right about that though, but I don't think it affects his motivation per se.

Your second point makes more sense to me, granted, but I'm not so sure whether he didn't already have that mindset, and whether it will actually change anything about his focus. It might though, I agree as much.

MasterBet

I didn't mean to be offensive (if I was). I'm just not following your logic in this case.

You're right about that though, but I don't think it affects his motivation per se.

Your second point makes more sense to me, granted, but I'm not so sure whether he didn't already have that mindset, and whether it will actually change anything about his focus. It might though, I agree as much.
    You're one of my most favorite characters in this forum if not the best, I will never'll be hurt from you, always try to take you in a positive way.

For the logic side look...

If nadal was play against nole(Player still has not lost this year and is an unbelievable form) He came highly concentrated, but aware of the hedge almost impossible was standing in front of him, but now he's playing against del Potro (player who twice was an underdog, twice was behind a set, and double players before him have failed to keep the lead, and he managed to steal the victory, you can call him a thief for the explanation)So now you know you're confronted with a thief, not with a lion (facing him you are considered underdog), the level of your concentration is different, at first you know you need to throw up blood on every point and in the second you know you have to be careful from falling asleep on guard duty, otherwise the thief will be a danger.

Got me? lol

Hardcoar

I got you the last time, and like I said it makes more sense to me than your first point, but I'm not convinced it will affect his concentration. It might, and it might just as well affect it in the opposite direction now that he's faced with weaker opposition.

Personally I don't think it will change much about his focus, because after all, this is Nadal – someone who's mentally stronger than Federer, Djokovic, Wawrinka, and Gulbis combined. The two prior make quite a claim...

MasterBet

I got you the last time, and like I said it makes more sense to me than your first point, but I'm not convinced it will affect his concentration. It might, and it might just as well affect it in the opposite direction now that he's faced with weaker opposition.

Personally I don't think it will change much about his focus, because after all, this is Nadal – someone who's mentally stronger than Federer, Djokovic, Wawrinka, and Gulbis combined. The two prior make quite a claim...
    lol in the end we both accept on nadal no?so who care all the other shit

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

but we must all know that if Del-Potro played like he did yesterday , he will f*ck nadal and destroy him 2-0 !!!

samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Did anyone see their recent exhibition match in New York? I know it was only an exhibition but both players played to a high standard. Del Potro won pretty comfortably, Nadal didn't have an answer for Del Potro's powerful forehand. I haven't seen Nadal play any better this week and Del Potro is still in good form.

A lot of value on Del Potro here.

Hardcoar

Actually at these odds I wouldn't bet on Nadal. There's too much uncertainty for me. There's quite a bit going for Po'Mo as well.

It's simply a no bet for me.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

Quote Originally Posted by samus82 View Post
    Did anyone see their recent exhibition match in New York? I know it was only an exhibition but both players played to a high standard. Del Potro won pretty comfortably, Nadal didn't have an answer for Del Potro's powerful forehand. I haven't seen Nadal play any better this week and Del Potro is still in good form.

A lot of value on Del Potro here.
    +1 !!!! I agree and Maybe I go +1,5 sets for Del-Potro @1.70

samus82

1.7 seems very good value for Del Potro to take at least 1 set, but I will be braver and takes the ML on Del Potro. At times Del Potro has looked tired this week but I know he will dig deep. End of the day this is a Masters Final, motivation for either player to win this match goes without saying.

Hardcoar

Po'Mo is dangerous, but the question is: Can he really take two straight sets?

Can he really take third?

I doubt the answer to either question is "yes".

MasterBet

+1 !!!! I agree and Maybe I go +1,5 sets for Del-Potro @1.70
    Frendly game why you guys think Nadal give a shit and he didnt want the push hard and sudnly he will inj again for no reason,and whene you dont want to work hard on game you lose it easy. this game is a Fina.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

1.7 seems very good value for Del Potro to take at least 1 set, but I will be braver and takes the ML on Del Potro. At times Del Potro has looked tired this week but I know he will dig deep. End of the day this is a Masters Final, motivation for either player to win this match goes without saying.
    dropped won to 1.63 LOL !!! It is just risky and I hate risky plays

samus82

Frendly game why you guys think Nadal give a shit and he didnt want the push hard and sudnly he will inj again for no reason,and whene you dont want to work hard on game you lose it easy. this game is a Fina.
    As I said I understand it was only an exhibition but yes I do believe Nadal cared, it was his first match on a hard court in a year, he tried very hard in the match. The result would not have been as important as how well he played, but a win always helps confidence. Del Potro had a recent oppurtunity to expose some of Nadal's weaknesses and in the 2nd set of the match he completely exploited them. As I said Nadal didn't really have an answer when Del Potro was hitting flat powerful forehands at him.

I understand your argument for Nadal's motivation to win, but that doesn't mean he will. Del Potro has many reasons to want a victory today too. Going by recent form, Del Potro is great value.

samus82

dropped won to 1.63 LOL !!! It is just risky and I hate risky plays
    All plays are risky lol....

MasterBet

In thet odds?I dont think so...mybe +200 +++ can be vaule like give ferer whene played against nadal(then Nadal beat is ass)

get again Nadal 1.50+ game after game after game..this is a vaule to me..

samus82

Did you just compare Del Potro vs Nadal on hard court to Ferrer vs Nadal on clay? Haha what kind of a comparison is that?!

I can see why the books are favoring Nadal, but to say Del Potro has as much chance of winning this match as Ferrer does against Nadal on clay is just stupid. Bookies love stupid punters.

Hardcoar

Nadal ML is the only bet that interests me for this MU, and the odds are only slightly north of fair at this point.

What worries me most is just how well Po'Mo's game matches up against 'Dal. His mind is exceptionally strong as well, despite hardly being able to match that of his opponent.

That said, taking current cirumstances into account, I really doubt Po'Mo can win in straights, or outlast 'Dal in a third set. If he does win, he'll do so in straights.

Still a clear no-bet at this point.

CaptainOmar111
    On My Way To Earn $1,000

I saw Delpotro game against DJoker !!! luck by luck by luck and If Joker was playing as usual he should destroy him 2-0 !!! If I bet today , honestly I will go with Nadal ML or +1,5 sets @ 1.25 because Nadal better on Sunny Hot Weather and Potro the worst in hot weather , I think many players forgot that point !!!

samus82

Err no mate, hot weather makes the court faster which is better for Del Potro's groundstrokes. Bad weather would make the court slower, which suits Nadal who is the master of slow paced courts.

As for actuallly performing in the heat, Del Potro is from Argentina, he has no issues playing in hot weather...

samus82

Nadal ML is the only bet that interests me for this MU, and the odds are only slightly north of fair at this point.

What worries me most is just how well Po'Mo's game matches up against 'Dal. His mind is exceptionally strong as well, despite hardly being able to match that of his opponent.

That said, taking current cirumstances into account, I really doubt Po'Mo can win in straights, or outlast 'Dal in a third set. If he does win, he'll do so in straights.

Still a clear no-bet at this point.
    You make a good point about the match up, but what circumstances are you referring to that make you favor Nadal?

Hardcoar

Mostly the exhaustion Po'Mo MUST be suffering at this point (despite how he shocked me in 2:nd and 3:rd last night, outlasting a completely fresh Djokobo), but also his foot blisters as well as the surface favoring Nadal to greater extent than Juan-Martin. Additionally, we mustn't forget neither Po'Mo nor Djokobo played at an amazingly high quality level yesterday – overall. Not to mention the way Nadal looks to be shaping up...

Depending on the Umpire, JMDP could also be looking forward to some serious time violations this evening. Expecting his best buttbudy Ol' Mo' again though...
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 03-17-13 at 12:56 PM.

Hardcoar

Also, about the temperature (we kan haz weather report plix??), I honestly feel like hot, sunny weather would favor Nadal, despite slightly better suiting Po'Mo's game in itself.

samus82

Interesting point about the fatigue being a factor, but Del Potro has lasted very well despite his expressions suggesting exhaustion, I'm not sure I would rely on his energy levels to suddenly decline in this match especially as it is a Masters final. If we are talking fitness we also have to consider Nadal only recently returned from injury.

I can't say I have been overly impressed with Nadal so far, compared to how he has played in the last few years, he has been pretty average compared to his previous high standard. Don't get me wrong he is playing good tennis and I'm sure being the athlete he is, he will continue to improve, but it seems pretty clear to me isn't at his best level yet.

With it being a final, I would be surprised to see an Umpire make those sorts of calls.

Anyway I'm by no means saying Del Potro is a lock, but it seems some people have made a gut call on Nadal and are now trying to justify it after rather than thinking about it first, then making a decision.

samus82

Also, about the temperature (we kan haz weather report plix??), I honestly feel like hot, sunny weather would favor Nadal, despite slightly better suiting Po'Mo's game in itself.
    See that's my point, you say I honestly feel, rather than I think. How does playing on a hot day suit Nadal more? He's not like superman. You even said the heat's effect on the court will favor Del Potro's game.

Hardcoar

I said feel, but I would certainly also claim to think so. I would not claim to know so, however. : )

I think it will only favor Po'Mo's game very slightly in comparison to Nadal's, but much more importantly the Argentinean seems far more affected by the heat and sun than Nadal does, despite their respective nationalities. The probable fatigue also exacerbates the effect, I would think.

We kan haz weather report?

Hardcoar

Interesting point about the fatigue being a factor, but Del Potro has lasted very well despite his expressions suggesting exhaustion, I'm not sure I would rely on his energy levels to suddenly decline in this match especially as it is a Masters final. If we are talking fitness we also have to consider Nadal only recently returned from injury.

I can't say I have been overly impressed with Nadal so far, compared to how he has played in the last few years, he has been pretty average compared to his previous high standard. Don't get me wrong he is playing good tennis and I'm sure being the athlete he is, he will continue to improve, but it seems pretty clear to me isn't at his best level yet.

With it being a final, I would be surprised to see an Umpire make those sorts of calls.

Anyway I'm by no means saying Del Potro is a lock, but it seems some people have made a gut call on Nadal and are now trying to justify it after rather than thinking about it first, then making a decision.
    I generally agree. It's much too uncertain to call a sure win on Nadal. There are a lot of uncertain indicators favoring Nadal, however, in my opinion.

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Btw have you noticed that delpo sometimes does this thing that he "tanks" a set (not in real sense of the word) in a way that he leaves his opponent playing and plays only in such manner that he stays in game? (eg. his opponent rarely loses a point on serve while delpo wins his service games to 30, 40) He then starts playing in one of the last opponent's service games pedal to the metal and breaks, or wins a tiebreak...so much for delpo looking exhausted during match

samus82

Hardcoar I see what you are saying, but so far other than the fatigue of Del Potro and the heat (which we will have to agree to disagree over) affecting him, you haven't said much else specifically in support of Nadal. I notice you have said several good points in favor of Del Potro though like the match up etc. Is this more of a gut call for you?

Yeah Sam choosing which games to attack is a good way to conserve your strength if you're tired. I do notice that he hasn't been as aggressive this tournament as he usually is, but I don't know if that's down to him trying to reserve strength or his coaches trying to improve his game by lasting longer in rallies. There was 1 point against Murray that went on for 42 shots, that's not something I would have expected to see, but it just goes to show how his game has changed.

The courts seem to be a lot slower this year than last year which is causing longer rallies and also why I think the line favors Nadal so much, but with the heat today, I think Del Potro will be able to do a lot of damage with his groundstrokes. If Nadal can get long rallies going as well as creating clever angles as he is capable of doing, he would most likely win.

12 Last