Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kyoto weird odds?

Przysiezny(1.3) / Uchida
    Totally retarded odds imho...Been watching Przysiezny last few months and guy has been winning nearly everything...very solid serve, good play...for challengers pretty good...Uchida? Who's that guy? Btw Straights are @1.83

Shiga / Barton(1.16)
    Baton is an evergreen challenger player, solid results, neve loses to anybody like Shiga.
    Again, I would go with Barton 2-0 @1.44

Anyone has any input on those games? The only thing that occurs to me is that Bet365 has flawed bets and will put then down fast...happens quite a lot with challengers 1st round/qualis

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

What are you trying to say? That B365 voids bets when they realize their linesmakers did a shitty job?

Sam_Hawkins

Well im just trying to say that those are imho great bets and wanted others to notice cos they may be down in no time i noticed a lot of times that when odds for smaller events firstly come out they may be off big time and when the books notice they delete them...dunno what happens with the bets tho, i always missed on those btw only happenned to me with 365.

Hardcoar

Oh so you mean they will adjust the lines quickly. Sorry I misunderstood you.

What only happened to you with 365? :S

Sam_Hawkins

This whole lines up->lines deleted thing sory im on a mobile so trying to write it short which sometimes makes it harder to understand

And what actually happens is that they delete the lines for several hours/half day and then put them all new up completely...
    Does not to be the case here...the lines dropped already tho

Hardcoar

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure why you're looking for bigger odds on favorites or think they should be bigger - it's a Challenger event where guys carrying big favorite's tags flop every week. -300 some odd for Przysiezny seems okay considering he's been off for a few weeks and retired from his last match with pain in his rib cage.

Also see no problem with the price on Barton - a guy who hasn't proven much outside of Australia. It is good for him to have played here before/good form and both these guys you listed look like probable winners, but I don't think books are going to set heavy, heavy odds in these situations. Also take into account that they are looking for action and bettors who don't follow Challengers may see that a Japanese guy is playing in Japan and take a shot at him as a big dog.

Sam_Hawkins

watching a little from the match and now i see where the odds came from...the carpet is way way fast and the locals seem to know how to play on it...uchida looks nothing like 1000+ player to me

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a goofy surface, it's definitely one where if you've got someone who hasn't played on it much - it can easily take them a bit to get accustomed to it. Kind of what showed with this one. Tough first set, but then talent took over and the local got his ass handed to him.

Sam_Hawkins

Yeah well now my parlay of both games in straights (i definitely put more on than I should have) looks fairly safe...barton looks more comfy with the surface (no surprise coming from the land of grass courts).
    But as you said...przysiezny looked a little off in the first set hitting a lot of balls too late, the local on the other hand been hitting the lines steadily...all those line hits were then flying a few inches out ind the second set.

swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Hawkins View Post
    Yeah well now my parlay of both games in straights (i definitely put more on than I should have) looks fairly safe...barton looks more comfy with the surface (no surprise coming from the land of grass courts).
    But as you said...przysiezny looked a little off in the first set hitting a lot of balls too late, the local on the other hand been hitting the lines steadily...all those line hits were then flying a few inches out ind the second set.
    congrats!!!!good start of the day for you!!!!!