Sumalia
    Sumalia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1376

Help a brother out

I had bet on Matosevic +4.5 games in his match against Nishikori. Matosevic retired after the first set(losing 6-4) and my book has paid me the bet like a win. What bothers me is that I always thought that AH bets are paid as win/loss only if the match is finished and returned if one player has retired. Should I write them to look it up or should I just take my winnings. Advice will be appreciated.

P.S.There are no specific rules in my book as far as AH bets on tennis are concerned.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

As far as I know it's common practice to void all spread bets unless the match finishes "naturally". This doesn't mean your particular bookmaker follows this practice, however. If you checked the rules and this is the case then be happy you were on the winning side this time, and be damn penetrating careful in the future. I would personally change bookie. Which one is this anyway!?

If your bookmaker made a mistake on the other hand it's its problem, but if you feel obliged you could notify them at the risk of losing your kexx.

Sumalia

Yeah I suspect they made a mistake.The problem is that I want to use the money(with the winnings) to place another bet and they can pretty much take the winnings and void the bet at any time.On another hand I don't want to give those back.

The book is a small local book- offsidebet.com

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Oh so it's not a matter of ethics!

Carry on then...

My point however, is that perhaps it's no mistake if their rules don't make any such statement...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sumalia

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they don't specifically state it, I wouldn't sweat it. Use the money.

Really unless someone who bet Nishikori makes a stink about losing their bet, it's probably never going to be noticed regardless of whether it's good/bad according to the rules/lack of rules.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sumalia

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

According to Offsidebet rules your bet should be void

5.1. An event is considered held if it is conducted completely.

5.2. When an event has begun, but was interrupted or abandoned for any reason at any point;

5.2.1. All determined markets in both pre-match and live betting are paid with the determinedoutcome to be the winning one.
    5.2.2. All non-determined markets in both pre-match and live betting are kept pending till the end of next calendar date(23:59 GMT)in case the event is resumed, from the point and the score of the interruption and in the same venue, and if not, all bets on it are to be refunded.

8.3. TENNIS, TABLE TENNIS, VOLLEYBALL, DARTS, SNOOKER, POOL, BOWLS

8.3.1. An event is following the means of a Held event as described in paragraph 5.
    8.3.2. The only exception on this rule is the Tennis Match winner market that is paid to the officially announced “winner” player, if at least one (1) set has been completed.

Sumalia

Yeah horja1 I did read those and you are right.I won't use the winnings until I decide if I should tell them about their mistake.It feels kind of stupid to consciously cheat like this.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sumalia View Post
    Yeah horja1 I did read those and you are right.I won't use the winnings until I decide if I should tell them about their mistake.It feels kind of stupid to consciously cheat like this.
    better let them know ... otherwise you might be in trouble next time you will try to withdraw some of your winnings ...

Sumalia

I will. Now they are offline but tomorrow I will write them.Thank you all for the replies.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

my book they void even when nishikori won zzz