Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I'm sorry, but Ryan Harrison is not that good..... American tennis is garbage.

Gotta love ANOTHER first round exit for America's PROMISING YOUNG FUTURE superstar! LOL. What a crock. I gotta STOP buying into the hype that this kid is gonna be a good good player. He will never amount to anything substantial in the tennis world and he is just another average, decent player with a sometimes good serve, sometimes! Other than that, Ryan Harrison is NOT the United States future star.

Watched with my own eyes, ANOTHER choke job by Ryan. Only needing to hold serve twice to win the match, he plays like complete garbage. Kid is not that good & he chokes so often. Congrats Ryan, now go pick up your pathetic $920 paycheck & go buy some more McDonalds. Stupid me to think he can win a "first" round match against a guy in his 30's. LMAO!!!

PS. Don't forget our other PROMISING American, Sam Q. What a "wonderful" display he put on in the Raonic match. He got freaking BLOWN off the court. Sam looked like he was clueless. The future for American tennis is the worst it has ever been IMO. Sucks bec I live in the US. With the money we have training sports and the athletes........I'm actually embarrassed.
    Last edited by Dmoneytx; 02-18-13 at 04:22 PM.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

You know why he is sucking so bad? Because I have him on my fantasy team!!!!!!!!!!

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

If one cares about nationality (as most do I'm sure), then yes it does suck I agree.

Did you find a stream or were you watching on TV?

RapaQues
    RapaQues's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

My thought is that American tennis players can only serve. And since the sport evolved so much in terms of the returning game they are helpless.

Clay they can't play so it damages their chances at the ranks.

In my opinion Sampras and Roddick wouldn't suceed much nowadays as well, so its not really about the american players being worse than before but the others being better than before at returning.

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    You know why he is sucking so bad? Because I have him on my fantasy team!!!!!!!!!!
    ARG!!! Damn you Herd!! LOL

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    If one cares about nationality (as most do I'm sure), then yes it does suck I agree.

Did you find a stream or were you watching on TV?
    Online, no tv coverage yet.

Dmoneytx

Quote Originally Posted by RapaQues View Post
    My thought is that American tennis players can only serve. And since the sport evolved so much in terms of the returning game they are helpless.

Clay they can't play so it damages their chances at the ranks.

In my opinion Sampras and Roddick wouldn't suceed much nowadays as well, so its not really about the american players being worse than before but the others being better than before at returning.
    That is a good point. I didn't think of it like that, but you make good sense.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Right now I'm sold on Rhyne Williams he"s had a great start this yr, should be interesting to see if he can keep it up throughout the yr.

Dmoneytx

Bookmaker doesn't do Challangers. I think he is on that tour, right?? So I can't get any lines on Williams R. I have noticed too that he has been doing well. At least some American is, LOL.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

The reason I think American tennis is bad now, because all the athletes are playing the major sports... Imagine Lebron James on the tennis courts

swissbank007
    swissbank007's Avatar Become A Pro!

the only american hope i see is Madison Keys

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

A big part of the problem is the usta giving out to many wildcards to kids that don't really deserve it. Right now it seems like the WC waster is Jack Sock, hope they don't give him one for Indian Wells and Miami and make him earn his way through qualies.

swissbank007

i was a big fan of Ryan Harrison also!!! im a bit surprise of his "shit" results lately cause i saw a video of him saying he had a great hard work off season...maybe it will pay off later in the season but not now for sure....he made me lose money two times already this year!!!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Is Ryhne Williams going to be any good?

swissbank007

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Is Ryhne Williams going to be any good?
    yes i think so....Kudla also i like!!

swissbank007

i really like jack sock but he seems to struggle to go to the next level...dont know why!!

swissbank007

i had put Ryan Harrison in the same category as Nishikori: same style of play, same body type in my opinion....but Nishikori is faaaaaaar ahead at this moment!!!

Hardcoar

Pity he's Japanese...

:P

swissbank007

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Pity he's Japanese...

:P
    why?? i love japan!! i lived in Tokyo for more than a year!! love this country and his people!!!

Hardcoar

I don't mean it's negative in any way. I personally don't give two shits about nationality, and I hardly know much about Japanese culture.

Think of my comment in light of the thread title: What I mean is he doesn't make American tennis any less garbage – since he's Japanese.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

So many of the top players come to train in America at places like the Bollettieri Tennis Academy and end up living in America ,I just wish we could get them to play for America in davis or fed cup and become citizens. Azarenka, Sharapova, Lisicki lives in Florida, so many top names train here and live here but overall I agree the situation is pretty bleak. The days when Sampras,Agassi,Connors, McEnroe and the Williams sisters reigned seem pretty far off.

Maybe Serena will be healthy for a few majors and we still have the Bryan brothers but outside of Sloane Stephens it is pretty bleak for American tennis right now. We need to reform the USTA and hopefully get more players from Eastern Europe to immigrate and become American citizens at younger ages.

swissbank007

Nishikori trained for a few years at Bollettieri!!