ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

*Semis* Open GDF SUEZ - WTA Paris

Who you guys got?
    My initial thoughts are to take the dogs:
    Sara Errani v Kiki Bertens +150
    Mona Barthel v Kristina Mladenovic +163
    Last edited by ohumad; 02-01-13 at 04:10 PM.

ohumad

Taking Bertens @ 175. I realize she's been on a nice little "run" this tourney, but imo she's definitely capable of upsetting Errani. For the Barthel match I'll probably make a live bet.

ohumad

Hmmm Bertens retired down 0-5. I'm not sure what the cause was as I couldn't get an English stream. I guess I get lucky as Errani was exposing just how error-prone Bertens is. Was that Bertens at her full potential? as she was playing much better the other day (ie. able to sustain a rally) I'm not sure.

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

penetrating Bertens.. Couldn't end the first set.. Was going to win 1k if Errani had won the first set. up 5-0.. this is the worst part in tennis betting.

ohumad

Ah sht that sucks I only saved a little. What was the reason for retiring? I think it may have been a legitimate beatdown in which case she could have at least finished the set, but who's to know for sure?

Diesel79
    Diesel79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14862

Back problems I think... she didnt move well at all

Tmuston Beltics

I didn't watch the game. I never watch the games, I just follow via live scores. Retirements happens way too often. When ever the points don't update like they are supposed to , I'm always thinking someone is about to retire. I don't think a retirement of a player has ever saved me money. They retire when I made a bet via live bet or when I've made a bet for the particular player to win. OMFG!!!

Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

bertens ded not seem to have any issues till 3rd game (i watched up that point) and errani looked real sharp...almost seems like she does no unforced errors and whenever her opponent leaves just a little more space, she kills her.
    I'l watch the second semi and probably will go for errani in the final big time.

ohumad

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel79 View Post
    Back problems I think... she didnt move well at all
    Makes sense I saw her remove a band or something around that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmuston Beltics View Post
    I didn't watch the game. I never watch the games, I just follow via live scores. Retirements happens way too often. When ever the points don't update like they are supposed to , I'm always thinking someone is about to retire. I don't think a retirement of a player has ever saved me money. They retire when I made a bet via live bet or when I've made a bet for the particular player to win. OMFG!!!
    I HATE not watching the actual game I dunno how you do it. I just find it more stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Hawkins View Post
    bertens ded not seem to have any issues till 3rd game (i watched up that point) and errani looked real sharp...almost seems like she does no unforced errors and whenever her opponent leaves just a little more space, she kills her.
    I'l watch the second semi and probably will go for errani in the final big time.
    Yea totally she can sustain the rally and will expose your errors. The Navarro match the other day was really close. I wonder if Barthel or Mladenovic have that level of play. Maybe not and I think Errani sounds pretty good right now as well.

Don't know if Mlad will get back in the game with Barthel painting lines (no bet so far).
    Last edited by ohumad; 02-02-13 at 09:43 AM.

Tmuston Beltics

I can't watch. Every time the player I have cash on makes a stupid mistake I rage. I don't want to see them failing. I also don't want to see the camera filming the audience clapping after every point. That's annoying.

Oh well, had Kirilenko, Barthel + Errani to win their first set with $300 bet. I won 390 less because of the retirement. Well I can lie to myself that maybe she hadn't won the set if Bertens wasn't injured. All lies! Oh well at least I didn't lose the parlay..

ohumad

It was a nice bagel with Kirilenko I also had her for first set

ohumad

Amazing how Barthel made Mladenovic's play look like sht compared to her other matches.