MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    Djokovic, fitness wise, doesn't even seem fazed. I wouldn't put too much into it. Djokovic will be higher than -170 if he plays Berdych I think.
    It wont be much higher. Books will heavily take this match into account. About the -170 to -200 range is what I'm predicting.

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They must be using meth and cocaine mixed to ensure such endurance

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Djokovic!!! That was awesome!!!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

all i can say, guys... is

wow

never again.... all this, for this???

you think they are tired? I'M EXHAUSTED

i was ready to use this pic

Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 01-20-13 at 08:46 AM.
    Points Awarded:

face gave ThaTopMoron 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Wawrinka crying

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Much respect for Wawrinka!

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

One of the best matches I've ever seen

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

this was a great match ... I hope Monfils and Simon watched it

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Wawrinka wanted this match so bad. Never seen anyone put so much effort in a 5th set like that.

Amazing match by both players.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    all i can say, guys... is

wow

wowee a crazy and fitting finish to a crazy start. EPIC!

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Amazing battle... Honestly the david and goliath element made it better than the final last year...

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

wawrinka's serve left him and djoker improved. there was almost nowhere stan could hit the ball where djokovic couldn't return it

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Amazing battle... Honestly the david and goliath element made it better than the final last year...
    No way. Last year the title was on the line. Nole and Nadal are absolute warriors.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

have to disagree, last year's final was the best match i've ever seen

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

yes, after i had a huge EXHALE of relief... i was clapping for both guys! much respect to the huge underdog

best thread i ever decided to make

but, there will be no 4th Is "so and so" a Tenniz Lock thread... I am retiring them

Does this thread help me for POTM

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    yes, after i had a huge EXHALE of relief... i was clapping for both guys! much respect to the huge underdog

best thread i ever decided to make

but, there will be no 4th Is "so and so" a Tenniz Lock thread... I am retiring them

Does this thread help me for POTM
    Glad you survived the bet dude. Learn from this....its a sign... It's not worth laying a nickel for two lincolns!

Good luck tomorrow

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    have to disagree, last year's final was the best match i've ever seen
    Last years was better tennis for sure but talking about a 30-1 taking Joker to 12-10 in the fifth set and no way you could rule him out until the very last game...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Glad you survived the bet dude. Learn from this....its a sign... It's not worth laying a nickel for two lincolns!

Good luck tomorrow
    yep, much better to put half a unit on a +1800 dog... especially if your main book has live betting on the match

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

TM, should Stan happen to pull off a miracle and you lose the nickel, take SEPPI tomorrow over Chardy.....Seppi will roll over Chardy tomorrow.

My free pick for you.

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    Djokovic, fitness wise, doesn't even seem fazed. I wouldn't put too much into it. Djokovic will be higher than -170 if he plays Berdych I think.
    Pinnacle just opened it up at -525/+457

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

It wont be much higher. Books will heavily take this match into account. About the -170 to -200 range is what I'm predicting.
    djokovic was around even before today's game to win the whole thing.. no way he's -170 EVER. He will be around -200ish against Murray or Federer in the final, he will be around -400 / -450 against Berdych and Ferrer.

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Thank you to Wawrinka, great warrior. Almost pulled the trigger Wawrinka ML before the game but did not have the guts.. Ended up taking this bet and Wawrinka over 11.5 ..

Name:  wawrinka.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  15.7 KB

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I slept through the opener. Just got it at +396 for a unit. I just don't see how Djokovic will be at his best for this match. There were obvious signs of wear and frustration on Djokovic in the 4th and 5th sets, and he hasn't been worked by an opponent like that in a long time. On the other side, Berdych largely cruised against Anderson and looked really good on the court. Very fluid and appeared to really be feeling his shots well.

Pretty good value in the line, IMO.

Sharp Snake

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

holy crap, way overvalued.....take Berdy all the way then live bet your way out for guaranteed profit.

That's a stupidity line just waiting to get milked if you know what to do with it. Berdych will be up in this match at some point guaranteed.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I watched the replay. I posted wawrinka +8.5 and over 29 games so I was very happy with outcome.

Incredible match

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Classic case now where people will over-react to a top dawg struggling. Happens almost every Slam, just no one expects it to be Djokovic. Maybe Murray. Maybe Federer. You had a guy play probably the match of his life in Wawrinka and I think anyone would be frustrated when almost everything seems to be working against you, when you're used to controlling a match at almost every point. More often the match following, they come out with wicked determination.

There's a reason Djokovic is 11-1 against Berdych. Is the price lopsided? Of course. But again, weight the realistic win vs. loss chances before you make your ultimate decision. Taking Berdych simply because the price is too good to pass up is a poor reason. Is he capable? Sure. But I think it has to be the perfect storm part two. Even though Berdych dominated the scoreline against Anderson, I watched some of that and Anderson was able to break him in a nervy first set and Berdych got himself into a few 0-30 holes. You can escape those against someone like Anderson. Djokovic is going to make you pay for those. Likely not betting a side myself in this one, will see what the total is and probably go off that.

Sharp Snake

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Classic case now where people will over-react to a top dawg struggling.
    I don't know if I can agree with this. Djokovic didnt play his very best match, but in no way was he struggling, except his footing, which he fixed. Wawrinka did indeed play the match of his life but there was really no fault on Djokovic's part.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he was struggling big time in the 1st two sets. A guy who hadn't been broken all tourney suddenly couldn't hold serve ONCE? Definitely agree that from the third set on, it was quality tennis - but these sort of matches tend to light fires under the asses of the best of the best. If Djokovic was going against Murray or Federer next, I think I'd probably be a bit more concerned if I was a Djokovic fan ... but he matches up well against Berdych and Berdych is going to have to pull out an A+ game I think to have a shot to win and/or get a B level version of Djokovic.

I just think there tends to be quite a response to players playing five set matches and the perception that they will be gassed in the next match. Obviously if they log several in a row, yes it will add up. It was certainly demanding, but considering how little effort he expended prior to that match - he'd have to be in pretty poor shape IMO to not be able to at least work his way into the match. I just see Berdych as a guy who has to have a lot go right for him to beat the Federers, Djokovics, Murrays and even Ferrers. Certainly it can happen as it did against Federer, but he was 1-8 against those guys last year, 1-9 if you throw in Rafa and I think there is a reason for that.

Sharp Snake

Definitely agree about the fatigue factor. Djokovic honestly didn't look "gassed" to me at all compared to Wawrinka.

Wawrinka was DRILLING winners on unbelievable shots throughout the first 2 sets. I couldn't believe my eyes.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I think it'll at least be competitive

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was making straight bank off those early sets when Wawrinka was killing it... lines were like +900

LVHerbie

holy crap, way overvalued.....take Berdy all the way then live bet your way out for guaranteed profit.

That's a stupidity line just waiting to get milked if you know what to do with it. Berdych will be up in this match at some point guaranteed.
    Not much of a fan of the concept of trying to set up hedges but I would think if Joker does have fatigue issues it would come into play late if the match gets stretched out...

First ... 2345