EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Impressed With Duckworth

Granted he's not beating top tier players, but this kid has a lot of moxy. He's not going to be breaking into the Top 100 any time soon even. He's still going to be fighting in Challengers mostly, but watching him play the last two rounds ... cannot resist the guts and fitness he's shown to play these back-2-back five setters. He's got some game and is a guy I look forwarf to seeing his progression now. One time Ducky.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Certainly worth putting on the list of "players who will not give up and just blow the spread" for the future.

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Do Aussies always heckle their own players, during the most important match of their career.

Duuuuuuucky!!!!!! Duuuuuuuuuucky!!!!!! Duuuuuuuuuuuuucky!!!!!!

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Very impressed. This tourney is the first time I have really seen him play. 20 years old and handled the pressure well. I think this Vekic will be someone to watch. 16 years old and took some games off the former number one in the world tonight. Played alot stronger in second set.

Based in London

http://au.eurosport.com/tennis/austr...37/story.shtml

Sharp Snake
    Sharp Snake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

I can't say I agree with you EP. I watched both matches, and yes he has moxy, a fighter's attitude, etc... But boy is his game bad. He gives his opponents so many easy chances at winners and sometimes just makes incredibly bold/bone-headed decisions when they aren't necessary. I respect the effort sure, but there isn't much talent to work with.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Snake View Post
    I can't say I agree with you EP. I watched both matches, and yes he has moxy, a fighter's attitude, etc... But boy is his game bad. He gives his opponents so many easy chances at winners and sometimes just makes incredibly bold/bone-headed decisions when they aren't necessary. I respect the effort sure, but there isn't much talent to work with.
    20 years old and a fighter playing two straight 5 setters and this one in some pretty brutal heat and he has a pretty impressive serve. Made alot of mistakes against Mitchell but served up 28 aces, had his chances tonight. Alot of players would have folded in that heat today in a long match like this ( around 60 games tonight ), especially coming off a five setter against Mitchell.

dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

absolute respect for this fella

whilst his game may not be the best, let's not forget that is still young he still has time

EaglesPhan36

You can't teach heart, you can teach better ground strokes. Agree on the serve. Came up with some big ones when needed. Might be one of my Challenger tails for the season if he plays consistent.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Remember him from last year, the Aussies really got behind him. Not the most imaginative songs though: Ducky, Ducky, Ducky, Quack, Quack, Quack! Ducky! Quack! Ducky! Quack! Ducky, Ducky, Ducky, Quack, Quack, Quack!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Remember him from last year, the Aussies really got behind him. Not the most imaginative songs though: Ducky, Ducky, Ducky, Quack, Quack, Quack! Ducky! Quack! Ducky! Quack! Ducky, Ducky, Ducky, Quack, Quack, Quack!
    Think Aussie Aussie Ausssie, Oi Oi Oi

gregm

Duck calls Some of the best fans in tennis. What a great crowd, seems like a blast to go to these matches

EaglesPhan36

Aussie Fans are great. During the Duckworth-Mitchell match, they would go back and forth with whomever needed the best. The Quack Quack calls were great as was the singing of All You Need Is Mitch instead of All You Need is Love.