Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Hows about Tomic?

I'm as anti Tomic and his lazy/give up/entitled attitude as the next guy.

But it appears he has made a real attitude change from last year for this Hopman Cup tourney. Hope it keeps up through the year.

He got an avalanche of positive press down here for fighting back in his match against Haas, mainly because nobody believed he had any guts I think. And I think he is riding that a little bit tonight.

I ummed and ahhed about taking the $8.00 on him against Djoko, as i do think he has the tennis talent if he wasn't such a pussy mentally.

Chances are he will fall in a heap at some stage later this year. But think I am going to ride him through the Aussie open if he keeps this positivity going for the next few weeks.

Writing this whilst watching the match. Tomic leads 6-4 3-4 on serve in the 2nd... and quite frankly, he's breezing through his own service games and making Djoko fight for almost every one of his.

Exciting to see a new player that can genuinely give Djoko a run for his money in earlier rounds this year.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Djokovic obviously doesn't care about the Hopman cup. Didn't tomic win a few against big name players last year in these type of exhibition class of matches? He needs to back it up for me to believe.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Remember Kooyong when Tomic beat Djoko last time? Not sure how much this can be put down to Tomic doing well vs Djoko not going full on before Melbourne. Either way I guess we're guaranteed to hear non stop Tomic praise for the next few weeks thanks to this.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Djokovic obviously doesn't care about the Hopman cup. Didn't tomic win a few against big name players last year in these type of exhibition class of matches? He needs to back it up for me to believe.
    I thought I would be tougher to turn into a Tomic believer too.

Did you watch either of his Hopman Cup matches so far? It's a much much different Tomic than we saw most of last year. Djoko may not care as much as the Aussies do for this tourney, but Tomic thoroughly beat him and confidently took it to him at every point. He knocked in 4 out of 5 first serves serving for the match and made about 70% overall. It was a good match, not a gimme for Tomic.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Could just be that the visitors are being nice to the host nation?

Optional

I agree motivation is a big factor in who wins this tourney. Think Spain are punching above their weight in that department too for some reason. And both Aussies are showing tons of it.

It might only last whilst the positive media keeps him pumped up. But somehow he has turned around his attitude and is suddenly showing 'calmness' on the court, even on pressure points.

As Shari said he showed promise at this time last year. Might be smart for us all to forget what a f\*g we think he is and make some money on him whilst he is hot again.

And I'm not just getting over excited over a couple of exhibition matches. You could see his attitude change clearly in the Haas match, and he proved it wasn't a one off tonight imho.

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Jopovic @ dog dog