EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wed-hursday Shineola

[Beijing] Querrey -160
    Seppi is a solid veteran, but the outdoor courts favor the Samurai. Querrey played a fairly solid match to beat Verdasco in 3 in his opener. His serve was decent and his nerve about the same. Seppi beat an obviously fatigued/hurt Benneteau as he retired with arm pain. That marked Seppi's third win on outdoor hard courts in his last eleven. Querrey has been in a good groove on the surface since the US Open summer swing started, going 14-5 in the last six tournaments. I think as long as Querrey's serve holds up, he works the W.

[Tokyo] Monaco -160
    I'm giving Monaco a motivation check tonight with this one. Monaco is still within longshot striking distance of working into the Top 8 and a place in the Tour Finals in London. Given that Nadal's spot will be given up and that Del Potro is iffy with his own injury ... Monaco is closer than the points indicate. As such, I'm going with a continued push to stay in contention for the final spot or two depending on those injuries. Wins keep him going and he faces Baghdatis who has had an inconsistent year at best. He out-served Stakhovsky to open in Tokyo, while Monaco beat a POS in Dimitrov with little sweat spent. Baggy has only won back-2-back matches twice in his last eleven tournaments, covering back to May. Monaco seems to be another one of those rhythm guys who gets hot and can stay hot. Let's see if he remains there tonight.

EaglesPhan36

And because a fortune cookie said the solution to my money problems will come along as if by magic ...

[Tokyo] 1st Set: Troicki +190

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I am on troicki tonight.

Hectorcist
    Hectorcist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I am on troicki tonight.
    Why on troicki? Raonic dominated him on hard court the only other time they played.

PharaohUB

No particular reason. I liked the price and seen enough of raonic to know he can flake when annoyed. If troicki is on his game he will take a set or more imo..

PharaohUB

Well except for those couple of particular reasons lol. Sometimes you can't explain.why you like a play. Seen both guys play and.just have a feeling troicki can hit with him.

PharaohUB

Sorry I jinxed ur play. I'm cold this week!

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

troicki retired... that's good!

EaglesPhan36

Retirement save via fortune cookie. Thanks for quitting Troicki.

rdegk15
    GO PACK GO
    rdegk15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

That was fast.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

I was on a Raonic/Kerber parlay at even money. Now thanks to Troicki quitting, I'm left with a WTA straight bet at -205. F*ck laying 2-1 juice on a straight WTA bet. Time to hedge out of this shit!

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    I was on a Raonic/Kerber parlay at even money. Now thanks to Troicki quitting, I'm left with a WTA straight bet at -205. F*ck laying 2-1 juice on a straight WTA bet. Time to hedge out of this shit!
    i hate that

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    i hate that
    Yeah, I'm pissed! Just lost a Tennis bet a few days ago because my player retired early in the third set. Now today, I missed out an easy winner because my player's opponent retired before 1 set was completed. Getting sick of being ripped off by retirements lately.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

guess monaco has been playing a lot of matches lately

Luca Fury

I didn't hedge out of the Kerber play and so far they are trading breaks. 3 straight breaks to start the match. I will never understand why WTA players have such trouble holding. In men's, breaking serve is a big deal while holding doesn't mean much. In women's, breaking doesn't mean much while holding is huge. So backwards.

This is what I get for not hedging. Now I have to sweat though this WTA trash and hope my player can hold serve for a change. Ugly to watch and ugly to bet

Luca Fury

Woah! A hold! By Kerber!

Luca Fury

Kerber wins the first set 6-1, then loses the second set 2-6. WTA is such a f*cking joke! I hate it so much.

Thankfully, Kerber won the third set to cash my bet. But man, WTA is always an unnecessary sweat. The incompetence and choking is unbelievable.