yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

The CrazyLou Accountability Thread

Apparently it's too difficult for Lou to grade his own plays, so I decided to help him out.

We'll say risking 1 unit on + and risking to win 1 unit on -, unless otherwise specified.

Verdasco +1100 over Nadal
    - 3-6 3-6 loser
    Jankovic to win French Open +648
    Ivanovic to win French Open
    +1348 - neither one came close
    Radwanska +285, risk 2 units 4-6 6-1 1-6 loser
    Nadal not to win FO No +270: a rare win
    Federer Yes +1150: pending
    Jankovic -560 over Cirstea, risk 7 units or all your possessions 6-3, 0-6, 6-7 loser
    Wozniacki -500 over Cirstea
    6-7 5-7 loser
    Ivanovic -150 2-6 3-6 loser

and for good measure

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Why so hard on Lou?

SexyMit

At one point he was boasting about being the best tennis handicapper on the forum. And now he loses on big chalk plays... Consistantly!

The General

ok, but why rub it in? He's trying to help. Even fading his plays would be considered an asset to gamblers.

yisman

TG, he refuses to grade his own plays and boasts about how good he is.

If he'd start boasting about how bad he is, I could get on board with that.

And this is simply laughable.

If you can't be bothered to grade your own plays and maintain some degree of accountability, you shouldn't be posting picks.

This thread should be a plus, to inform anyone who didn't already know.

The General

No problem. Just asking and you guys supplied answers. Seems to be kicking a guy when down. Not my style, but on forum all is seemingly fair game.

Best

SexyMit

Well you have a good point! He did choose Fed tomorrow so I'm thinking of a good fade tomorrow.

SexyMit

We just give Crazy a hard time. He always comes back with another pick and doesn't take to heart what we say! He still comes back at us polite and sincere. Especially with about 20 threads of how much he sucks here lately he doesn't let it bother him. I guess thats the being a MOD part of it.

The General

I agree. As a mod for years I would rather have the attack dogs after me than other members.

SexyMit

I'm just joining in... I'm not apart of the regulars around here so he never talks or says anything to me anyway! He probably has me on ignore I guess. I send him PMs with questions and have never gotten a response from him. So that is the main reason I screw with him....

yisman

I think he deserves this. If you post constant losers, you should at least be humble about it and admit you suck.

If you can't be humble, prepare to be kicked.

SexyMit

I just use my spreadsheet. You can look on there and follow if you want. If you don't like what you see then you don't have to. I'm not going to make a thread about plays, I don't care to have the attention like that. I don't want people to say anything if I win or lose. Were all hear to make money, and thats what I intend to do.

yisman

Sharapova -137 over Cibulkova 0-6 2-6 loser

he also is going to take her every round thereafter, even though she's already been eliminated.

cuteboy86hi
    cuteboy86hi's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing is that apart from active posters here there are other users too who dont know about cappers history and all.Now a thread title with so much confidence in the play can really F them up.We know that crazyL is on a really bad run but someone who comes for the first time on this forum, reads a few lines and actually follows them, its really bad for them.

So post the picks but those with value.Afterall its not peanuts we bet with, its real money.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by cuteboy86hi View Post
    The thing is that apart from active posters here there are other users too who dont know about cappers history and all.Now a thread title with so much confidence in the play can really F them up.We know that crazyL is on a really bad run but someone who comes for the first time on this forum, reads a few lines and actually follows them, its really bad for them.
    Yep.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

CrazyL is a nice guy and a bad gambler. This has been known for some time and there's no problem there. There's no problem posting losing picks either. If people want to follow, that's their choice. Where there could be a problem is that these selections are posted by a SBR mod. At least in the past that was associated with true insight and depth of knowledge (Bill Dozer, Justin, Ganch, and in the past Mudcat). So there is the risk that the excellence associated with SBR's core spills over to others who don't share that level of insight. The risk being that not everybody may realize the difference...

Imagine a newcomer here, reading up on Justin or Ganch and coming away impressed. Then switching to the tennis forum and following a few of CrazyL's picks.

But it is not up to SBR to point this out to CrazyL. He should recognize it himself. Regardless of the originator, posting picks doesn't help anybody unless they are of such quality that everybody makes money off them. Since that is not the case here, it must reasonably be assumed that this is some form of attention seeking.

In any case, at the very least people should be able to put moderators on ignore. Which is something that SBR John thought was a good idea, a year or so ago, but it is still not possible.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-02-09 at 01:33 PM.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dark Horse,

I've posted less than 100 tennis picks. It wouldn't matter if the market agreed with me on 80 of them, or even 60, anything less than 54% winners brings out all the one-liners and browbeating.

In fact, just to highlight how results oriented forums are, I could post picks at -110 that close at -150 100 times in a row, but if I lose 60 of those wagers I will be considered a square, moron, someone who is "taking value on a loser".

That's how forums are, I post picks understanding that every win will be quietly acknowledged and every loss salivated over. I understand that posters enjoy seeing picks lose, nobody roots for other posters to actually win their bets.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    That's how forums are, I post picks understanding that every win will be quietly acknowledged and every los salivated over.
    The one time you actually got a pick right this month, you spent hours patting yourself on the back and gloating and got plaudits for it. Not sure why. I guess because it's so rare to see one of your picks actually win.

Even if you were a competent handicapper, no one wants to see someone gloat and congratulate themselves. The professional way is to move on. Anyone reading the thread knows you won. It's not like you need to tell them.

I understand that posters enjoy seeing picks lose, nobody roots for other posters to actually win their bets.
    Wrong. I root for most posters here, except for ones that go out of their way to be &#^&@^#@s, like shantystar. I don't necessarily root for your picks to lose. It's simply a fact of life. I know they will.

yisman

In fact, just to highlight how results oriented forums are, I could post picks at -110 that close at -150 100 times in a row, but if I lose 60 of those wagers I will be considered a square, moron, someone who is "taking value on a loser".
    If you actually were able to do that, I'd congratulate you. You have not been able to do that, plus your picks consistently lose. You want to be congratulated? For what? For being the worst tennis handicapper in the history of this forum?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I understand that posters enjoy seeing picks lose, nobody roots for other posters to actually win their bets.
    You post picks. Nobody is asking you to. As on all forums, there are those who follow picks. What makes you think that they want those picks to lose?

In this case, those who see your tennis picks as a source of amusement 'get' it. And those who follow them are the ones that need warning. You are completely irresponsible towards them. This is not about you, as your response implies. This is about others. Why not take an objective look in the mirror and realize that you have no business posting picks? Do you really think that everybody here is wrong, and you are right?

Listen, we know why you don't like to talk about your models. You've never met them. It's alright.

On a more serious note, in the world where I live you would have been fired on the spot for your 'I would liquidate my assets' thread. Do everybody a favor and explain the title of that thread.

And perhaps people are concerned. Not about you, but about the quality of SBR, which is being undermined by you. Perhaps, to some of us, SBR is more important than one joker who thinks he can write whatever he wants, because he has no sense of responsibility.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-02-09 at 03:39 PM.

j0hnnyv
    Nadal -210
    j0hnnyv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Lou I want you to win sir.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Win Lou. Win.

yisman

Go ahead and surprise us, Lou. It's not good for SBR the way you're going at the moment.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Who FU(KING CARES? If you people spent more time on capping games instead of worrying about Lou you might actually win. This horse is dead, buried and spit on. Move on.

yisman 34-53-1 -26.66 (Best Bet Thread)
    Last edited by BatemanPatrickl; 06-02-09 at 11:57 PM.

yisman

I do win.

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    This horse is dead, buried and spit on. Move on.
    You are wrong. Try reading up and getting a clue before spewing your nonsense.
    Last edited by yisman; 06-03-09 at 12:42 AM.

The General

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Lou I want you to win sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobHarvey View Post
    Win Lou. Win.

Let's nail this Federer bet Lou. 1150/1 can make up for a lot.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I've never once said I am a good sports better because I'm not. It's my hobby and I can afford to do it. I would feel like an idiot if I was to brag how good I was and have a bad record.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    You post picks. Nobody is asking you to. As on all forums, there are those who follow picks. What makes you think that they want those picks to lose?

In this case, those who see your tennis picks as a source of amusement 'get' it. And those who follow them are the ones that need warning. You are completely irresponsible towards them. This is not about you, as your response implies. This is about others. Why not take an objective look in the mirror and realize that you have no business posting picks? Do you really think that everybody here is wrong, and you are right?

Listen, we know why you don't like to talk about your models. You've never met them. It's alright.

On a more serious note, in the world where I live you would have been fired on the spot for your 'I would liquidate my assets' thread. Do everybody a favor and explain the title of that thread.

And perhaps people are concerned. Not about you, but about the quality of SBR, which is being undermined by you. Perhaps, to some of us, SBR is more important than one joker who thinks he can write whatever he wants, because he has no sense of responsibility.
    Those who follow without doing their own research are going to lose regardless of who they choose to fail. Whether it's Crazyl's bad recent streak or Jojo the circus money who lookts hot, if you tail blindly, you're going to lose.

On a serious note, a lot of good discussion has been generated because of his plays. Whether Crazy's picks win or lose, the forum as a whole is smarter after seeing where he did well, where he didn't, and what it means (or doesn't mean).

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Those who follow without doing their own research are going to lose regardless of who they choose to fail. Whether it's Crazyl's bad recent streak or Jojo the circus money who lookts hot, if you tail blindly, you're going to lose.
    I think you mean who they choose to follow, and I don't agree. If you follow a good handicapper, you will win.

Federer -318 over Monfils 7-6 6-2 6-4 winner

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I'm not sure I agree with that statement. If a long term winner posts his picks, why should blind followers lose?

But that's not the issue here.

On a serious note, a lot of good discussion has been generated because of his plays. Whether Crazy's picks win or lose, the forum as a whole is smarter after seeing where he did well, where he didn't, and what it means (or doesn't mean).
    I get that moderators are trying to protect and soften this blow for CL, but we all know that there is a lot of insincerity in this industry. Headings like 'liquidate possessions for ...' are straight from tout country and are little more than screams for attention. On that note. Ignoring all losses as irrelevant and trumpeting every win? Where have we seen that before?

No matter which way you cut it, it's insincere. You now have one moderator who is projecting, loud and clear, the exact same insincerity that characterizes the worst touts. The only thing missing is a money deposit box.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-03-09 at 03:51 PM.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dark Horse,

I really think you're reading too much into the thread title I used on one goofy thread. Immediately inside of the thread the first words posted were "Just kidding, but I really like the play..

Of course I wasn't suggesting or advising anyone to bet outside of their comfort zone, and I indicated just that.

12 Last