GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fernando Verdasco (-210) = Quarter-ALLIN on 05/31/09!!!

Although Davydenko is 4-1 head to head over Verdasco, but that doesn't not stop me to put a huge bet on the most improved player on clay court, Verdasco who will make his statement at this French open. He has been playing his best tennis both physically and mentally. Good luck guys !

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Head-2-head is all from a long time ago, so does not mean a whole lot. Two things going against Verdasco - Davydenko played lefties in the first two rounds, so he won't take quite as long to adjust as someone who was coming in without playing lefties. Surely, Verdasco's game is tighter and more powerful than Junquiera & Koubek, but it still helps. #2, Verdasco's serve has been winning a ton of points in the 1st week at RG, but now he's facing someone with return skills. This will be an interesting match to watch. If Davydenko maintains his serve percentages from the first few rounds and can win some points off the Verdasco serve, this could be a classic 5 set match. Also remember Verdasco has never made it past this point at the French, while Davy made the semis a couple years back. Nerves would be on the Spaniard. I lean slightly to the Russian here. Gonna see where the line goes tonight. Davydenko will probably get more than a +145 tag by the time the match starts.

single shaker
    single shaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am not touching neither davy nor tobasco, i think murray at -230 is a steal for tomorrow, thinking to unload on that one.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm still not sure about Murray on the surface, but everything I heard and read about Cilic beating Stepanek was that it was sloppy and Stepanek played like ass. Do think for about the same price, I would probably rather take Murray rather than Verdasco. I think Cilic has much less of a chance than Davydenko does.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

I been tracking Verdasco for a while and won quite alot especially as he would usually have been the dog in games like this. Verdasco has alot of talent, he's got real potential and could become great BUT the guy is emotionally unstable and has the potential to go through mid-match breakdowns. He'll hit unbelievable winners and then miss absolute sitters, now he can get away with this complacency against poor players but can get punished by more experienced players.

I like Verdasco for this game aswell especially if Davydenko decides to rig another one of his own games However, those odds stink and Verdasco isn't solid enough yet to be going huge on against experienced players like Davydenko.

I think Murray will scrap through, unlike Verdasco he can keep his nerve and can make comebacks.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Karayilan9 View Post
    I like Verdasco for this game aswell especially if Davydenko decides to rig another one of his own games
    This is actually a legitimate concern, but only when Davydenko is a heavy favorite.

He's an underdog here, so no worries. Besides, I don't think he'd do it at Roland Garros.

Pinnacle odds have Verdasco/Davydenko at -183/+173.

I'd lean Davydenko.
    Last edited by yisman; 05-30-09 at 10:45 PM.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Davy dodgy matches, like nearly all players, are at low level events. Anything higher is worth rankings points and prizes, so presumably not worth it for them.

Have to say the value looks to all be on the Davy side here - if fit, imo he's at minimum the equal of Verdasco on clay. That's the question though: is he fit? Was out for months, then got injured in Madrid again (different injury), and he's said he's unsure whether he can manage 5 sets. Having said that, great win against Wawrinka, who is a quality claycourter.

I've gone for 3-1, at +700. Might as well exclude a davy 3-2 win, and hard to see Verdasco being straight setted, as he has so much firepower and the davy serve isn't the hardest to break.

ZXCVBNM
    Crew/Fire over 2.5
    ZXCVBNM's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Davydenko in this position.. he's a beast on clay and Verdasco is the talk of the town since that Nadal semi-final - he's improved but not enough to beat Davy!