w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Errani vs. Vinci

Liking Errani here. Seems to be playing well, has a 3-2 record against Vinci with the 2 losses back in 2010 in 3 sets.
    Last edited by w@lt; 09-05-12 at 08:34 AM.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are best friends and in toronto errani was vinci's on court coach which was strange to see. Should be interesting but can't bet on people when they are that close of friends. Anything can happen

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matches between doubles partners always tough to predict. Vinci is white hot on this surfface the last few weeks. Would maybe give Errani a little mental edge having played the quarters at a couple Slams and knowing how to win @ this stage versus Vinci who has never been in this position. Thing though is that playing a familiar face could alleviate that pressure. I am thinking overs is the best shot IMO.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I've liked what I've seen from both players this week - but I'd rate Vinci the more dangerous player in her current state. She's making very few unforced errors - and as EP stated, doubles partners know each other's game very well - and from what I've noticed ....Vinci is the more technically sound player right now.

w@lt

Thanks for the feedback. Match ends in 3 sets @ +142 seems kind of enticing.

birdmanweezy
    $$$ Fly In Any Weather $$$
    birdmanweezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

i like errani here even though vinci is in better form

w@lt

Also could bet on both winning 2-1: Errani +325 Vinci +410

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I like Errani here. She beast Kerber who I felt could of made it to the final.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both players have been in great form but I'm taking Errani. Even though Vinci beat Radwanska, Rad was at 70% with that sore shoulder. Errani beat a red hot Kerber convincingly in straights.

I'll take my chances with the beast mode Errani.
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 09-05-12 at 09:48 AM.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

errani

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Looks like things are clear in Flushing Meadows, and this match will start on time.
    Errani will be way too much for Vinci to handle!

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Both players have been in great form but I'm taking Errani. Even though Vinci beat Radwanska, Rad was at 70% with that sore shoulder. Errani beat a red hot Kerber convincingly in straights.

I'll take my chances with the beast mode Errani.
    Radwanska has been below 100% for a long time now, still haven't been many beating her though. Kerber was an error machine against Errani. Maybe part was Errani's game, but Kerber normally doesn't make than many errors and definitely doesn't get away with it obviously. Beast mode & Errani are not two words that seem made for each other with her moon ball shit LoL.

I'm just going to play the over and hope for a nice, drawn out match.

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

Errani will win Vinci in 2 sets+can win Serena!

If Serena cant do power game she is in trouble

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Good luck with anyone who bet this match in any way. Def gonna see some clay court moon balling from time to time. Both small Italians, both gonna rally until they drop. Both gonna play like they are still on clay. LOL. Should be a craptacular match. I am predicting 9 breaks of serve today. Side bet??? Any takers?? Hahaha.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Radwanska has been below 100% for a long time now, still haven't been many beating her though. Kerber was an error machine against Errani. Maybe part was Errani's game, but Kerber normally doesn't make than many errors and definitely doesn't get away with it obviously. Beast mode & Errani are not two words that seem made for each other with her moon ball shit LoL.

I'm just going to play the over and hope for a nice, drawn out match.

Errani may serve up those moonballs but if you take a closer look, there's some strategy to that. She serves up those moonballs to get better position for the kill shots. Because she's been moving well on this surface, those moonballs sets up easy winners.

This strategy has been working incredibly well for her not only in this tournament but in almost every hardcourt match she played recently ......she's straight setted almost every opponent in her wins.
    Last edited by MagicDiceFlow; 09-05-12 at 10:51 AM.

EaglesPhan36

I realize that's obviously her style, but I also realize that if anyone knows how to play against it - Vinci would be the player. I just don't see a major edge in taking a side personally. Errani has the experience as I said in Slams, but Vinci's form the last two weeks is the best on tour at the moment outside of Serena & she has beaten some pretty good opponents this last week. Good luck with your play, as long as I see 22 games I could give shit all who wins!

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I realize that's obviously her style, but I also realize that if anyone knows how to play against it - Vinci would be the player. I just don't see a major edge in taking a side personally. Errani has the experience as I said in Slams, but Vinci's form the last two weeks is the best on tour at the moment outside of Serena & she has beaten some pretty good opponents this last week. Good luck with your play, as long as I see 22 games I could give shit all who wins!
    For whatever reason, active doubles partners never seem to go the distance. A lot of 6-0 or 6-1 sets. Familiarity perhaps? Quick to bail on a set for energy conservation perhaps? Good luck on the over but bit worries me here. I have no bet but will enjoy rooting for Vinci who played with a lot of heart against Rad.

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

Vinci is quite bad match up for Errani. Vinci is good form -yes, but Errani seems mentally stronger

And lines showing that Vinci is good shape otherwise Vinci would be +300
    Last edited by maletaja; 09-05-12 at 12:11 PM.

w@lt

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Liking Errani here. Seems to be playing well, has a 3-2 record against Vinci with the 2 losses back in 2010 in 3 sets.