SoSharp
    SoSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Aussies Betting on the US Open!

Hey guys! Newbie here :P

Trying to get a forum going with other Aussie's, about picks on the US open. Mainly because I'm asleep when matches are on/about to start and I don't know about you but I have to get in my picks a lot earlier then most people post on here.

So yeah, hopefully trying to get a forum going by the time the US open shows up. Where we share have some earlier guaranteed winners... (Well close enough :P)

Also wouldn't mind having a group of us preview/research (etc...) most of the matches and have tips for each match or something and from them get a list of tips with real value and probability..

So yeah I'll try to provide as many tips as I can with an analysis [Hate tips with no reasoning] when the time comes and hopefully some of you's will jump on board lol

But anyway I'm doubting this forum will do much as I'm such a newbie but hey worth a shot
    Last edited by SoSharp; 08-21-12 at 02:22 AM.

Lilfatbum
    Lilfatbum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

Yeh mate another newbie here from Aussie here, pretty keen on tennis, let's do this!!!

Having picks and the more info we get the better

nosaij
    nosaij's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7131

oi oi oi

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

G'day

I've lurked here for a little while and this thread has encouraged me to sign up.

It sounds like a good idea to me.

While always tentative with qualies, they are a fickle beast, I will get the thread rolling with Berankis @ $1.52 over Farah.

The eyes lit up when I saw this. On early US hard court swing form it seems well overs. He hasn't played since Washington however. Digging around it looks like this is by choice, rather than injury, as he would have had to qualify for cinci and it looks like he chose the rest after his marathon run in LA. First round of qualies he was scratchy, so hopefully that blew out the cobwebs and I'm not starting the thread off with a dud.

SoSharp

Good Job Cessation managed to get us rolling with a winner! Nice pick!

I'm the same, I tend to stay away from the qualifies...

But anyway, now it's time for the real deal!

SoSharp

Well the first round get's underway, at 1.00am Tuesday EST. So I'll try to have some stuff up mid-day tomorrow

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Hey guys, nice to have some more Aussies on here.Shari is your leader...

SoSharp

Ok,

Just so you's know, I do my betting through TAB. I know they don't have the best value but so be it, it's more convenient for me. Since I'm going through there and it's for Aussie's I'll probably provide the risk/win in Dollars, same as value. If anyone wants to post there tips another way feel free.

For now, I'm on a parlay/multi/combos.

Stosur @ $1.12: Stosur's been on a bit of a bad run of late, but seemed to "some" form in Cincinnati. Defending Champion, can't see her losing this with her opponent being under the injury cloud recently.
    Barotoli @1.15: Will look to have a decent run, plays well on Hard(So does her opponent though); decent form. I'm backing her.
    Arvidsson @ $1.20:
    Arvidsson should get this comfortable, her opponent is 42! :O Arvidsson hasn't had too bad a season, her opponent has been shocking so she should get over Date Krumm easily.
    Jankovic @ $1.28: Her opponent is in poor form. Good value here.
    Li Na @ $1.04: Li Na looking to give this slam a real crack! So won't be taking Watson lightly.
    (In a rush now lol, g2g out)
    Errani 1st Set @ $1.15: Errani is a great starter in awesome form, decent value!
    Kirilenko @ $1.15: both players in decent form, but can't go past kirilenko here
    Trocki @ $1.15: Good from against a guy who prefers the clay
    Del Porto @ $1.12: Nothing needs to be said here
    Querry @ $1.18: I'm expecting this to be tight but feel Querry should get home
    Isner @ 1.15
    Baker @ 1.15
    Seppi @ $1.38

Overall $7.54

Not a real fan of multi's so will won't risk much...

Risk $10 - to win $75.40
    Last edited by SoSharp; 08-26-12 at 05:41 AM.

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

I succest u never bet woman tennis with odds below 1.1
    Li Na 1.04 gives u nothing, altough i like that multi bet

Cessation

I'm going to be unpatriotic with my first main draw pick.

Ito over Ebden @ $1.80 (with the refund special if Ito loses in 5).

Ebden was up and about early in the hard court season. The clay court looks to have knocked his confidence around a bit however and he has had some very poor returns back on hard court. He lost to clay court pusher Ramirez Hidalgo in Washington, got bagelled in a set by Polansky before coming back and winning that match in Toronto after a reprieve as a lucky loser after going down to Stakhovsky in qualifying, and retired against Sanam Singh (who?) when about to get rolled in straights in qualifying for Winston Salem.

Ito plays the asian hard court challenger season and comes onto the ATP tour when it suits his game or for the grand slams. Lu does the same sort of thing and he measures up to the level. Taking him on faith a little bit i guess.

SoSharp

$700 on Stepanek at $2.25.

Easy Cash

Astros148
    Astros148's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

lol youre going go broke quick

Lilfatbum
    Lilfatbum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3555

Love the optimism SoSharp, Stepy pretty much a cagey suspect survivor nowadays, but you must be onto something, the tab has been smashed into 2.00. Probably wouldn't touch that though

Paire at 3.35 looks a bit ridiculous to me, Dimitrov isnt the most consistent performer, probably go overs for me.

Interesting to see big K at 1.65 against mr. Wang... Overs or just tempting, surely his serve should push him through?

I know WTA betting is dodgy, but surely cinukoba at 1.28 is a bit short?

BOL guys!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

New Aussies coming out the woodwork!

I was tossing up that Ito bet as well Cessation.

Like Goffin +7½ against Berdy at around $2.00 best bet today.

SoSharp

Hahaha yeah, obviously didn't be that much :P But Stepanek is now flat even with Almagro both at $1.87 :O That's get value for Almagro! lol

Unlucky cessation, shouldn't gonr against the Aussie's. So far so good!

Yeah Optional, that does look awesome! Unfortunately I missed it all, and didn't get to put a bet on today and only slapped on the one yesterday (Stepanek) :/

At least still have that multi still...
    Hopefully I'll have something going tomorrow if I can get time

Cessation

Yeah Ito was the wrong fade option for Ebden. Would have followed up the fade at the line this round but not trusting Chardy with my money.

Glad I've been busy with work as a lot of turn ups overnight I wouldn't have picked.