beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Kohlschreiber..

Pulled out of the Olympics with a so called"Hamstring"..

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/28/466...-olympics.html

Whatever man, whatever you say.Hammy was good enough to go 3 with Hasse.Maybe you should learn how to read a fuckking calender next time you want to represent your country.Should have pulled out from Kitzbuel ass wipe..

Dont really care and have no futures on him, just think he took the cash over representing your country..

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

No big deal. He wasn't a contender anyway.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    No big deal. He wasn't a contender anyway.
    He had a great wimbledon, don't think he would of done much damage but dumb on his part for sure, playing a 250 event the week before the olympics.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man you guys are cynical. Ever think the hammy might have been the reason that final against Haase turned from a tight match into a Haase route? Seems quite possible something was hurting him after the 1st set if you go look @ his serve stats, they took a large dip down.

His exit is a big deal too. It means Ferrer has a more open draw now. That was likely going to be a 2nd rounder - Ferrer/Kohlschreiber and given Kohlschreiber's recent play in general and on grass ... that wasn't going to be easy for Ferrer.

beefcake
    Update your status

Not the point. Nothing about being a contender.If he did not want to play then thats fine, I think he just came up with an excuse not to go and managed to pocket about 35,000 for coming in second.I am sure he knew the wear and tear playing a tourney then going to London might possibly cause, he could have given up his spot and someone more deserving could have gone.Maybe mayer who was 1 place behind him in ranking?

beefcake
    Update your status

Wow, they replaced him with the Indian #2..#302 in the world...Maybe someone who cares about being there and will at least try..

EaglesPhan36

Part of the problem was that the German selection committee used some silly restrictions to determine who was eligible for the men. Kohlschreiber was the only male singles player who fit their criteria because they only let in players who ranked inside the Top 24. More or less as the story states, a lot of countries did not want to pay for athletes to go to the games if they did not have a shot to medal. If you think about form, etc. - Kohli was the only legit threat depending on draws. Haas for all his feel good story of playing well and winning @ Halle, was going to be a long shot to get through any draw against top players on a neutral court.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...lympic-choices

Still think you're being harsh here. The guy had points to defend in Kitz and chose to defend. You can question why he would keep playing after he equaled his points from last season ... but these guys are competitors and I'm sure as the week went on, he saw a chance to as you said - win a few more bucks and ultimately probably thought he had a shot to win, which he did.

I really don't think this is about desire to play in London, I think it's just an unfortunate situation and the Germans are just as much to blame they could have had Mayer or Haas if they really wanted to, but obviously they did not rate either of them worth a shit. Only reason they have a player in the mix in singles is due to another injury for Karlovic of Croatia which allowed Petzschner to replace him.

beefcake
    Update your status

Good take EP, did not know of the German situation.Still Mayer did play well at Wimbledon, I think he would have stood a chance to win 1-2 matches.I guess in a perfect world, he should have quit after the semis, but youre right, if it was you or me we would have kept playing as well.I wonder if you would have put Fat Dave or Gonzo or another guy who would give his life for his country in that situation what they would have done.I still question his overall patriotism a bit, but not as much now that you explained it further.

EaglesPhan36

It's really a pretty unfair selection process overall for the sport. The IOC I believe sets guidelines on how a player can qualify, but then allows the countries to add additional criteria however they want. It's just stupid.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

I read that Kohl would have been top 20 if he had beaten Haase. If that's the case, I could certainly see his motivation to stay and play out the draw.

Excellent observation on his performance drop EP.