Rose'
    Rose''s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9024

Early WTA

Who ya got?

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got Both favorites in Cohen and Jovanski but this is WTA no one really knows what will happen.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jovanovski -2.5 games -110 is a decent bet. The gal she's playing is a more of a doubles player.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely going to fade Cohen.... I've watched every round so far, and she is just a pusher who has been getting extremely lucky to make it this far. She really should have lost last night, but Rybarikova completely blew up. Cohen's first serve tops out at 90 MPH, and I am amazed that she has made it this far.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Definitely going to fade Cohen.... I've watched every round so far, and she is just a pusher who has been getting extremely lucky to make it this far. She really should have lost last night, but Rybarikova completely blew up. Cohen's first serve tops out at 90 MPH, and I am amazed that she has made it this far.
    Great info.

I was on Rybarikova last night and took a bath on her meltdown. I almost never lay WTA chalk but I saw no angle for Cohen to win two sets. Felt like worlds worst gambler when the dog found a way to piss in my Cheerios.

Will gladly fade her tonight.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

This is what I am playing in the first match

7/27/12 3:00am WTA Tennis 321 B.Jovanovski Games Won/A.Panova Games Won Over 21 -120*

and Puchkova in the second

7/27/12 4:15am Reduced Tennis 14858 Olga Puchkova +110* vs Julia Cohen

bol

Hangoverblack

I'm inclined to take the second seed Panova. At +135. Jovanovski played a 3hr 15 minute match yesterday.

Small beans.

Hangoverblack

82 % 1st serve points won very impressive for Jovanovski. Good start for the Magic Dice Man

Hangoverblack

She has actually increased that in the second set to 86% 1st service points won on the match. Impressive, and another instance where a lower ranked favorite in a match dominates play.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

I'm on Cohen. She's not just a pusher, she's a power pusher.
    Drives you crazy with her game and then you go mental and lose...

I'm also on Cadantu, Burdette, Bacsinszky and Beltrame.

Hangoverblack

Cohen kicking the sheeet out of the puchkova. I think that translates directly to "pushover"

jbart28
    MAGA KAG

Seriously how is that cohen broad a pro tennis player? She is painful to watch and would get murdered by anyone who can attack her serve. That russian girl had 4,000,000 unforced errors.

If the price is right, I'm gonna 25% of my bankroll on Jovanovski

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cohen is a power pusher, pinnocio? I don't think she even serves about 80 and there is no power in her game.... I think the lack of power is what frustrated her opponents the most. Jovanovski is gonna crush her tonight.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG

Anyone got an idea of the number for Jovanovski vs Cohen?

I am gonna unload on Jovan if it is a decent number. OF course, Cohen cannot hold serve so games line is def a play if under 4

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

By power pusher I didn't mean to say she possesses power, which she doesn't. She's taking pushing to another level. There are many pushers out there, but not too many can hang with the top baseline bashers, because the ball speed is too much to control and you can only hope to return a defensive shot when someone hits a laserbeam towards you, after which the point is generally over.

But Cohen returns all the powerful shots that are coming her way and does so with a degree of authority. She's not hitting low pace defensive shots, her groundstrokes following those lasers she's facing are decent, good angle, decent speed, nothing scorching, but good enough that she doesn't worsen her position to win the point in any way, even when she hits a moonball (she's not hitting it because she has no other options - it's a strategy). The point is far from over when she's returning a laser and is already in one corner. But her opponents usually smell blood right there and go for it. It rarely works if you're ranked 100+.

Plus she's fit, which many of her opponents are not. You can't baseline bash for 3 hours without your lower level of stamina detrimentally affecting your game.

The unforced errors that her opponents are hitting are basically forced by Cohen. If you pay attention to when they are made, you'll see a large portion of them are made after at least 10 ball exchanges. That is not a sign the player is spraying the ball all over or is in shank mode or has a bad day...

I don't know why you guys are hating, instead of making money, on Cohen.