grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Input wanted on Isner v Hewit

I love Isner here. Very tall players with powerful serves tend to have a huge advantage over shorter guys, esp on grass.

Isner to win 2-0 looks good at +125 but also considering ML at -200.

Isner will have home crowd and clearly wants this one. Of course Hewit want's to win too but could see him getting frustrated with Isners serve.

Any help appreciated.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Isners serve is too good to bet against this tournament. Isner wins easy today.Players are lucky to even hit the ball on his serve.Hewitt has not been serving well at all and will give him trouble ahving so many second slower serves Isner can return. Isner has only lost serve once out of his like last 37 games.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Isner showed a little weakness in his first game against somebody ranked like 500. Since then he hasn't really been challenged. Hewitt has shown to be dominant when he is challenged. Every time an opponent grabbed grabbed a 2nd set he turned it on and ran away in 3rd set. If you are taking Isner take the 2-0 bet. I think if it goes to 3 Hewitt will win.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

As for the tall guy home court advantage thing. He just took out Ram. Tall dude himself. Former champion here and an American. And he just took out Nishikori who has been playing very well lately.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Hewitt is 3-0 against Isner (6 games to 0), and Hewitt is 7-0 in finals on grass. I know this isn't Hewitt of old, but still have to like those stats. Line also dropped down to around -200 which is a good sign.
    That worries me if I were going to bet on Isner.
    Last edited by w@lt; 07-15-12 at 09:27 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beefcake

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

I saw those stats when I was looking on Bet365 earlier. For me they mean nothing, their last game was in 2010. Since then Isner has improved leaps and bounds and Hewit has continued to deteriorate. I think the fact that their record is as it is and Big John is still -200 says it all really.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Demonata

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlies1 View Post
    I saw those stats when I was looking on Bet365 earlier. For me they mean nothing, their last game was in 2010. Since then Isner has improved leaps and bounds and Hewit has continued to deteriorate. I think the fact that their record is as it is and Big John is still -200 says it all really.
    Exactly.