baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's official. Del Potro will be a one-slam hack like Roddick forever.....

At his peak Roddick got to a good collection of slam finals. 3 Wimbledons, couple USO's. Stopped by Fed at the door in many semis. Will have better lifetime results than Delpo.

Sad to say it, but I think Delpo is done. Guy is too big and gangly, tires out like an overworked donkey.

Losing to that talentless superworker Ferrer is something a super elite tennis player should never do approaching the end of a slam.

Guy owes Federer a thank you postcard for tanking that USO final up a set and a break.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL he's 23. Don't over react to one match.

baskets

BM, 23 can be old in tennis. Or it can be early as well.

But I've seen enuff of Delpo over the years and this match confirmed it. It confirmed what we already knew about Delpo, but denied b/c his potential was so great. Yet that is the classic pitfall of that Ouyster Muggay.

Had visions of #1 with Delpo.... but no #1 gets schooled like an overworking hack like Ferrer on grass.

Positives are that we can still watch Delpo and Nadal cheat with the best of them during competition.... tho Delpo is more likeable... and doesn't pick the excrement out of his ass crack after every point like Nadal does.

Irish Jet
    Irish Jet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Injuries have really hurt him. He would have been an elite player but for them, not sure he'll ever get back to the level he was at. Shame.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

It's alright as long as Murray doesn't win one either cause I have a bet with Yisman between these 2. Don't be bashing Ferrer tho. He's my fukking boy!

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

I saw Ferrer at +ev on the board and didn't hesitate to take him.

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    I saw Ferrer at +ev on the board and didn't hesitate to take him.
    pm me next time, friend. I need the winners

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

he played like a potted plant today

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

A little early to judge the kid. I understand the parallels are easy since both won their Slam @ 21, but JMDP is a better all-surface player than Roddick ever was/is. At his age, he's a threat at all Slams to run deep whereas you could discount Roddick at the French every year. I think health is obviously a large thing here. He's already shown nagging injuries, not good @ 24 [turning it later this year]. I think he needs another year where he starts strong in Australia and doesn't get taken to pound town in a Finals type situation where it kills his confidence to take himself back to being a true contender. Still, the fact that the guy is in position to make quarters in all Slams when he's not healthy'confident shows how dangerous he could be if he ever gets it together.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

You've gotta be kidding... Delpo is notorious for a shit grass game, the guy can't even move on grass. This means nothing imo

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    You've gotta be kidding... Delpo is notorious for a shit grass game, the guy can't even move on grass. This means nothing imo
    nope. I think he's done. Roddick's career upon reflection will have more results than Delpo's. even Arod was just a big-dick server the guy got to all those finals and semis... and if it weren't for Fed... we'd have crowned his ass several times.

and I hate Arod. I think I'm being realistic.

besides, Delpo has Coria-syndrome. it affects all these Latin players. I mean, I love Arg and Chi tennis, but these fukks are talented hot heads w/ no cool and something always fukks them up...

Coria was a beauty to behold. how the fukk did Gaudio win a slam? biggest wtf slam in last 10 years. Nalby??? man, so talented.. but a fukking heffer at the dinner table. Gonzo... talented but swing for the fences. Rios, hot-headed nutjob

blah blah. all these guys follow the same fukking pattern. so much damn talent and then they shit all over themselves. Delpo can't help but do it.

this is what will happen to Delpo. it's like the curse of French tennis. lift up those tennis shorts of the ATP French players and you'll discover some serious hermaphrodites. croissant-ass bitches all of em.

baskets

future of American tennis?

ironically, the current status is a reflection of trashy American culture.

what does the US have? lazy, heartless fukks w/ no committment or desire

Roddick, Fish, Blake, Isner, Young.... horrific trash all around.

remember the steely resolve of Sampras? the fight to the death toughness of Chang? the winning of Agassi? US tennis is a reflection of the shit US culture... just like French tennis is a reflection of their pussy ass croissant society that produces softy, collapsing tennis players

hell, tennis is full of such pansies nowadays that you could be 5'4" Ferrer ... and all you have to do is fight for every point and you're a top 5 tennis player in the world with no talent... and despite the fact that the next 20 guys behind you are far more talented and about a foot taller

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

USA Womens also crap...Serena is the only one stand and barely!