good2go2mexico
    good2go2mexico's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ferrer backers (if there's anyone out there besides me) check in

It seems like everyone on this forum and their brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, and grandmothers are on Del Potro. David Ferrer isn't exactly a scrub on grass. 31-12 record on grass (relatively small sample size). He just won Hertogenbosch two weeks ago. Del Potro hasn't played on grass since last year's Wimbledon. Del Potro does not move well on grass. He has a great and powerful serve but Ferrer has a more than adequate return game. I see Ferrer taking advantage of Del Potro's movements and running him all over the court. So with that said...

Any other Ferrer backers want to get behind me??

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I'm on Ferrer so at least there's 2 of us

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I'm on Ferrer so at least there's 2 of us
    Glad you're with me!

GroundnPound
    Winning
    GroundnPound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Ferrer has no chance

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

checking in.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

As always I'm following you good2go! All over Ferrer today, though I must say it is a nervous play for me considering everyone else is on the opposite side! Hopefully this will play into our hands pretty well! And Tevari, I put a little down on your parlay, looking good so far buddy!

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Speaking of which, what other plays would you consider parlaying together with Ferrer? I was thinking either Murray or Tsonga, maybe both?

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by GroundnPound View Post
    Ferrer has no chance
    Oh ok. Any particular reason or...

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    All over Ferrer today, though I must say it is a nervous play for me considering everyone else is on the opposite side!
    That's sometimes a good thing betting against the general public

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Speaking of which, what other plays would you consider parlaying together with Ferrer? I was thinking either Murray or Tsonga, maybe both?
    I'm not going to play either myself but I think they are both pretty safe. I actually think Murray will get to the Finals.

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    checking in.
    Good to see you and Shari are both on this too. You're two of the cappers I respect a lot on these boards.

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

On Ferrer for a 15 unit play.

I think a Ferrer smells blood in the water at Wimbeldon this year. DelPotro on his least favorite surface by far, he just doesn't move well on grass. Ferrer has the return game to deal with booming service game. Look for Ferrer to wear del potro down through the fourth and take this in four or an easy fifth.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Ferrer is one of the toughest guys on the tour, you know he won't cave in if he is behind. Interesting to watch this line move for Del Potro, maybe this will be another one like Kerber/Clijsters. My friend said all the sharp money was coming in on Clijsters. Oh yeah.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by good2go2mexico View Post
    That's sometimes a good thing betting against the general public
    Well now I'm a bit worried. Not only is Ferrer a big favourite over at TI, but this kook who is trying to sell tips based on video game simulations he does of matches is on him too. Just to make this clear: The guy plays PS3 and Wii and then makes his bets according to who wins the match. And wants people to pay for those tips. Keep in mind in this guy's writeup he's talking about the video game.

"SIMULATION RESULT

Ferrer d. Del Potro 75 76(7) 26 64

As good as this match seemed on paper, it wasn't event that good. We are not sure if Del Potro is that badly hurt but David Ferrer, who we had to add a bit of fatigue to assuming he was up watching Spain beat Italy in the Euro Cup, punished over and over again in this match. Ferrer just never allowed Del Potro to get into any kind of rhythm with his service game although his relaxed approach did allow Del Potro to gain a bit of confidence in the third set but that was put to rest in quite the hurry once the fourth set rolled around and Ferrer decided to play a short game and make Del Potro move, testing his overall fitness and it worked. The Argentine could not keep up in the end. Ferrer's second serve was tremendous in this match like it has been all week and he is off to the Quarter-Finals."

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

you guys make me feel terrible for being on delpo, should be a competitive match though

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Hangoverblack View Post
    On Ferrer for a 15 unit play.

I think a Ferrer smells blood in the water at Wimbeldon this year. DelPotro on his least favorite surface by far, he just doesn't move well on grass. Ferrer has the return game to deal with booming service game. Look for Ferrer to wear del potro down through the fourth and take this in four or an easy fifth.
    That was my analysis exactly. Let's get this one too!

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Well now I'm a bit worried. Not only is Ferrer a big favourite over at TI, but this kook who is trying to sell tips based on video game simulations he does of matches is on him too. Just to make this clear: The guy plays PS3 and Wii and then makes his bets according to who wins the match. And wants people to pay for those tips. Keep in mind in this guy's writeup he's talking about the video game.

"
    LOL yeah I'm not sure we want this guy on our side.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerry View Post
    you guys make me feel terrible for being on delpo, should be a competitive match though
    Nah. It's not like this match is going to turn out like Clijsters/Kerber. No matter what side you're on at least you can be confident you'll get your money's worth with these two guys.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm leaning on Ferrer as well. How much you got riding Good2go?? I might put our Kerber winnings on this, seems like it's been working well for us.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

No sure why anyone is making big bets at this stage - especially this match because it is essentially a coin flip to some extent. I had Ferrer to win this quarter @ +1000, so I obviously think he can win today. Think the most important thing is for him to start fast today and not begin in a large hole like he did against Roddick. Pressure and Del Potro don't mix well, so I'd like to see him under pressure from Set 1.

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I'm leaning on Ferrer as well. How much you got riding Good2go?? I might put our Kerber winnings on this, seems like it's been working well for us.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm letting it ride with the Kerber winnings:
    7/2/12 11:08am $1300.00 $1560.00 Pending 7/2/12 11:00am ATP Tennis 197 David Ferrer +120* vs Juan Martin del Potro

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Thats a rather large bet. Only have about 350 riding on it....it will be close.

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Thats a rather large bet. Only have about 350 riding on it....it will be close.
    I'm confident. I think Ferrer is getting no respect. And worst case scenario I guess I can hedge out for a bit with live betting.

Also the video game guy picked Ferrer too.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I'm going to wait til the last minutes like I did on Kerber. I'll be on Ferrer as well. I have a funny feeling they'll be more public money trying to double down on Del Potro at the last minute. Could mean a hundred or two difference if betting a dime.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Dont you guys like the over 40.5 or Ferrer +1.5 sets? This one seems like a coin flip on the side.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Wow, money just flowed in on Del Potro like I mentioned, I'm about to pound it , Ferrer at +125 now.

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Wow, money just flowed in on Del Potro like I mentioned, I'm about to pound it , Ferrer at +125 now.
    It's at +130 on Betonline

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

What time does it start?

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Let's do this Good2Go, I put $1,098 on Ferrer. Second part of my If-Bet with Kolhschreiber........Best of Luck everyone:

Wager Type : If-Bet (if-win-only)
    Wager Status : PendingMax Risk / To Win Total : 1,098.00 / 1,935.58(USD)
    Accepted : 7/2/2012 8:29AM - PST

#1) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Pending
    Sport / Period : Tennis Other Sports / Game
    Selection : P. Kohlschreiber
    Time : 7/2/2012 8:45:01AM - (PST)
    Line : -195
    Risk / To Win Amount : 1,098.00 / 563.08Game Notes : Spread and Moneyline Match Betting. A full set must be completed for money line wagers to be valid. If a full set is not completed, all money line wagers will be canceled. On Spread the full Match must be completed - Spread (Set Betting)

#2) Wager Type : Money Line
    Outcome : Pending
    Sport / Period : Tennis Other Sports / Game
    Selection : D. Ferrer
    Time : 7/2/2012 9:30:01AM - (PST)
    Line : +125
    Risk / To Win Amount : 1,098.00 / 1,372.50Game Notes : Spread and Moneyline Match Betting. A full set must be completed for money line wagers to be valid. If a full set is not completed, all money line wagers will be canceled. On Spread the full Match must be completed - Spread (Set Betting)

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

+135 5dimes reduced but limits are 500

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I'm actually going with DP in straights because Heritage has a good price on it (+400).

good2go2mexico

Sounds good my man. Let's hit another one!

good2go2mexico

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Dont you guys like the over 40.5 or Ferrer +1.5 sets? This one seems like a coin flip on the side.
    I'd rather take a chance with the plus money.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I didnt have enough time to do a write up on this but I really think Ferrer can slice Del Potro to death. If Ferrer can utilize that slice and keep the ball low on groundstrokes, DP won't be able to utilize his booming forehand. This slice will be there all day long for Ferrer, if utilized properly, DP will have nothing but his booming serve as weapon. That won't be enough for DP in a grueling four or five setter.

good2go2mexico

Here comes the rain again. Assume we'll playing this tomorrow.

1234 Last