Starkx
    Starkx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Are there always this many games for tennis year round?

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I was just wondering

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

No. Not exactly ... depends on whether your book offers Challenger level matches in addition to the WTA and ATP. Outside of the grand slams, you normally have smaller tournaments with byes for the higher seeds, so the betting menu isn't as large.

Grand slam events have more players in them than the normal ATP/WTA tournaments, so you wind up having a ton of matches squeezed together during the first seven or eight days. The schedule will lighten up during the second week of a grand slam, but the first week is always jam-packed with opportunities to gamble.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by Starkx View Post
    Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I was just wondering
    Because it's the French Open, a grand slam tournament. Also, ATP and WTA tours are pretty much all year, so there are tennis matches every day (roughly 10-15 matches/day for early rounds, then the number reduces).

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennis betting is pretty much non stop all year round action. However, be careful when betting tourneys outside of Slams. It's a whole different animal. There's a lot more factors to consider in addition to your normal due diligence. An important factor is some players tend to be uninspired during non slams which is why you'll see a bunch of huge upsets. You can still make a good profit capping those tourneys but just be mindful of that.

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

You can browse the tourneys for the calendar year on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_atp_tour
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_WTA_Tour

In general, Grand Slams and ATP Masters/WTA Premier tourneys will have contain larger draws (ie, have more matches), while ATP 250 & 500/WTA international will have smaller ones.

Starkx
    Starkx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Thanks everyone who replied, I don't know why I can't give SPR points to you guys, so sorry about that, its not that much anyway