tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

tevari's french open thread

Decided to make a new thread, cause my 2012 thread is giving me bad karma.

Day 1:

2 unit play: Mahut [+120]: Home crowd for Mahut, Roddick just came off a loss to Go Soeda in straight sets mind you, 5-7, 6-7(4). The big stage doesn't bother Mahut either, as he ended Fernando Gonzalez's career a few months ago in Acapulco. Playing this tournament at 5dimes, which has 1 set for action wagers. If Soeda can beat Roddick in a tiebreak, I like Mahut's chances to not only hold serve, but to have a few decent break opportunities as well. Roddick is fading fast, and his recent decline (sans beating Federer, a complete fluke) could indicate that his career is fading fast. Give me the Frenchman at great odds here.

2 unit play: Chang [+115]: She's looked good through qualies, and I've never heard of her opponent. Why not.

1 unit play: Dubois [+350]: This play is almost out of principle. Shahar Peer should NEVER be -450 against a player who has had mild success on clay. You never know what you'll get out of her, she had a decent run last week, but is always, and I mean always ripe for the picking. She'll probably pull it out in like a 3 hour marathon, but this match will be a topsy turvy break fest, IMO.

tevari

Mahut won, the two ladies lost.

Day 2:

Llodra [+150]- Garcia-Lopez doesn't have the ability to finish matches out. Llodra always plays well in France, Metz, particularly, and has had good success at Roland Garros over the years. Still has the best hands at net in the men's game, IMO.

Rus [-120]- I don't like Hampton's game at all. I like Rus this year to make it past the first couple of rounds. She's got the talent, clearly. I think she puts it together.

Shifty107
    Shifty107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Any thoughts on hewitt tevs. I think I might take him at $2

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mahut was a solid play.

tevari

Llodra takes the first set

TheBeastMode
    TheBeastMode's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

[QUOTE=tevari;14875870]Mahut won, the two ladies lost.

Day 2:

Llodra [+150]- Garcia-Lopez doesn't have the ability to finish matches out. Llodra always plays well in France, Metz, particularly, and has had good success at Roland Garros over the years. Still has the best hands at net in the men's game, IMO.

[QUOTE]

tevari

Llodra finished it off in straights. Rus tomorrow morning.

2 more plays for Tuesday:

Rezai [+175]: She took time off for personal reasons late last season, but showed promise during a match I watched her play against Shahar Peer a while back, among other players. She has an above average serve and an excellent drop shot. Her opponent, Begu, is inconsistent and constantly plays to the level of her opponent. Home crowd and a tasty price for Aravane.

Karlovic [+210]: Huge serve, weak opponent. Schwank looked pretty solid during qualifying but his game is too inconsistent. He will have a hard time generating break points, and I think Karlovic will take it in 4 or 5 contested sets.

BOL.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You playing that Karlovic @ a full-match book? Pretty sure he's carry some sort of injury. He didn't play that Dusseldorf bullshit last week because of it. Back or shoulder, I think. Do some googling, perhaps you could find exactly what. Good luck.

tevari

Indeed. I knew he had a shoulder issue but in a pre-match interview he said he could go, and felt good. Guess not. Oh well. At least Rus takes care of business. Waiting on Rezai.

tevari

Late Tuesday action:

Fognini [+100]: Troicki on the big stage = suckage. He will never put it together. Fognini is better on clay, yadda yadda.

Glatch [+415]: When will people start realizing that Pennetta has lost it? She can't string together points and hits the ball with no authority. I feel she goes down in burning flames today. Give me the American qualifier.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

BOL today!! I hope u do well

tevari

Same to you, d$

shhplit
    shhplit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1095

Quote Originally Posted by tevari View Post
    Late Tuesday action:

Fognini [+100]: Troicki on the big stage = suckage. He will never put it together. Fognini is better on clay, yadda yadda.

Glatch [+415]: When will people start realizing that Pennetta has lost it? She can't string together points and hits the ball with no authority. I feel she goes down in burning flames today. Give me the American qualifier.
    the only time they have played on court Troicki won...im tempted to take Troiki here for + money unless you know more?!?!?!

tevari

Troicki crashed and burned, thanks mate! You're terrible. Glatch lost in straights, however.

Tournament YTD not including parlays: 4-5 +1.2 units

tevari

Thursday:

Stakhovsky [+170]: Don't know how anyone could lay so much chalk on an aging and probably ailing Tommy Haas. Though Dolgopolov is always a iffy, Stak's win over him a couple days ago proves that he can stay in rallies and hold serve on the reg. Value is with the Ukrainian here.

tevari

Staks didnt show up. Friday:

Johansson +145

Parlay:

Radwanska & Kubot -103

tevari

Totally listless and disappointing performance by Radwanska. 0-2.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Screw kuzzy and her terrible haircut..

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Hope you get the next one Tevari! BOL sir.

tevari

Monday:

Li -6 [-105]