MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Del Potro -500 vs Dolgo????? C'mon now thats ridiculous

Tsonga is better than Del Potty.....so the books are saying Doggy has no chance against this lead foot yeti?

I'll risk $100 on Doggy to win $450.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

take the spread. dolgo has a very small chance of winning this one

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Tsonga is better than Del Potty.....so the books are saying Doggy has no chance against this lead foot yeti?

I'll risk $100 on Doggy to win $450.

Del Potro has a nice clay court win streak right now and is having a very good year. As of this moment, I'd say Del Potro is better than Tsonga, particularly on clay.

However, he has no business being that big of a favorite over Doggy. With that said, I wouldn't put $100 on Doggy, but bank rolls vary from person to person.

Friday is my no bet day. I keep getting burned (who knows? Maybe this will be the match where everyone gets screwed tomorrow) when I bet favorites on Fridays, so I'm just going to throw a few bucks at a couple underdogs and a couple draws in soccer without expecting a single bet to cash.

Doggy won't be one of those players, because I think Del Potro will beat him rather easily. But since I'm not laying a single cent of my money on any favorite tomorrow, I wish you the best of luck with this play. Besides, if doggy wins, it'll make the semifinals easier to predict.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I agree that Del Potro has no business being -500 over anyone in the top 15. He's playing decent but at the end of the day, its still clay. If it was hardcourts then yes , -500 would be justified. At this price on clay, its good value for Doggy.

Let's Go Bills!
    Mario Williams...
    Let's Go Bills!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    take the spread. dolgo has a very small chance of winning this one
    When was the last time you predicted a tennis match right?! Dolgo is going to win

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Out of all the paul bunyon giants Del Potro, Berdych, Raonic, Isner....I like Potro's game the least. Great serve of course but if someone hangs tough with him for two sets, he tires out the quickest and his groundstrokes are flying over the place inconsistent.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

watched both matches today, dolgo looked like the better player today for what its worth. have to sprinkle a little on dolgo myself. good luck.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Bills! View Post
    When was the last time you predicted a tennis match right?! Dolgo is going to win
    120735208-1 5/10/12 12:42am $500.00 $1,739.91 $1,778.07 Win 4 Team Parlay
    Win 5/10/12 7:00am ATP Tennis 131 Alexandr Dolgopolov +150* vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
    Win 5/10/12 8:15am WTA Tennis 201 Agnieszka Radwanska -660* vs Roberta Vinci
    Win 5/10/12 6:05am WTA Tennis 220 Serena Williams -425* vs Caroline Wozniacki
    Cancelled 5/10/12 5:00am WTA Tennis 226 Maria Sharapova -385* vs Lucie Safarova

Hurley1085
    Hurley1085's Avatar Become A Pro!

Del Potro leads 2-0 in the series and those are both on hard. Hard to bet against Del Potro with the year he is having

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I honestly can't see Dolgo pulling off this upset. DelPo has played freaking solid tennis this week!! And of late too. He seems to take care of serve VERY well & when he gets that break, he backs it up time and time again. His forehand has been so good this week, he is hitting with a ton of confidence. Dolgo will either show up and make this a good match OR he will suck out & DelPo wins in straights. My gut says betting on Dolgo is gonna be throwing your money away. But to each his own. If you play it, GL!!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

None of these guys deserve the price. I've been hounding this all year. This season more than any other, books are setting some of the big guys at ridiculous prices ... and Del Potro is a better player than Tsonga, any surface, any time. Delpo already has more titles than Tsonga and is a better all-surface player. I'd rate Tsonga even with him on hard, but Delpo is better on dirt. Grass, probably an edge to Tsonga just based on experience.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

And when I say any surface, any time with that explanation - I mean I'd trust Del Potro to get it done more so than Tsonga any day at this point. Delpo may meltdown from time to time, but he brings it almost every time. Cannot say the same for Tsonga.