EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer Needs a Break

Played arguably the WORST tennis of his career in the last 2 sets against Djokovic. Handed him the match. Smashed his racket. Looked totally lost. Think home boy needs to get away for awhile. Never seen him look this way even when Nadal whipped him at the French. He was simply outclassed. Today, look at the number of errors for him. He couldn't hit a winner after the 1st set or serve. Amazing.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Needs a coach.

Bizarre thing though, just like with the Roddick match he lost his concentration when he was winning easily. At 5-1 and serving for the set, and surely an easy win after that, he brainfarts, loses serve, Djoko holds, and Fed then almost loses serve again. He staggered across the line, and could barely keep a shot in court after that. 47 UEs!

EaglesPhan36

That seems to be the popular opinion. I think he might need a sports psychologist more-so. I think his problems have to be emotional/mental. He goes from playing picture perfect tennis to horse crap with the flip of a switch. Not what one of the top 2 greatest tennis players of all-time should show at any point while still in the prime of his career.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Not what one of the top 2 greatest tennis players of all-time should show at any point while still in the prime of his career.
    He'll be ready for the Slams, and that's all that really matters.

He isn't as young as Rafa, and cannot possibly exert as much into non-Slam events mentally or emotionally.

EaglesPhan36

What will be interesting is to see how he rebounds from today. I think this is far worse than any situation he's ever had to work out of. Disappointing losses in Slam Finals when your opponent out plays you is one thing, having a total disaster like this is another. He's one of my favorite players to watch, but man watching that match today I was cringing with every shot and that's just nor right.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

You'd think so, but really should it bother him more than any of the countless other losses in hc/indoors masters recently? He's not made a final since Madrid 07, so clearly not high on his list of priorities. Clay he did try las season, as a preparation for Roland Garros, but other than that it's always been an early exit. A semi final is better than he normally manages :-)

EaglesPhan36

I guess, but you could tell his play today clearly bothered him. Honestly, I kinda dug watching him smash his racket. He has that Sampras temperment where you don't usually see much from him. The fans really got behind him after he did that, but he didn't have anything to give back. I hope Murray annihilates Djokovic.

EaglesPhan36

That is not the face of someone who is just going to turn it on for a Slam.