ugabooga
    ugabooga's Avatar Become A Pro!

Djokovic v ferrer

H2h 7-5 djoko's way
    2011 h2h 2-1 djoko's way

Lines +/- 7.5 games
    O/u 31.5 games

Pretty heavily juiced on my book but I do like the over 31.5. I watched Novak against Hewitt and although it was pretty comfortable in the end he did have moments where he lost concentration n his first serve looked a little shakey. I'm backing ferrer to take a set or perhaps to take one to a tie break.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Forget the H2H numbers, they go back to 2004 where both players were incomparable to today. In the last 3 years Djokovic has crushed Ferrer on hard court matches (6-2, 6-1; 6-2, 6-4; 7-5, 6-3) - so I think the over 31.5 is the sucker bet here. If you do like Ferrer to take a set better to take Ferrer +2.5 sets at +117.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Djoker easy winner. This is like Robredo fighting Fed... dude just doesn't have the weapons to hurt him. Ferrer would have to play the perfect match and Djokovic would have to be hurt.

Hats off to Ferrer, though. He gets the maximum out of his 5'2" frame.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wouldn't pay much attention to that Abu Dhabi exhibition meeting. This is an interesting one to watch, but betting on it ... I'd say go small if anything. Djokovic may well come out and crush Ferrer after the way he played last match against Hewitt - knowing he can't get away with that against Ferrer. Weather also is going to cooperate much better for him. Only 78 for a high Wednesday in Melbourne, so the night match will be very comfortable weather-wise.

I think if you fancy Ferrer to take a set - the bet benrama suggested or Shari's good standby of Over 3.5 sets, currently +130 at 5Dimes ... better bets. Where is the 31.5 juiced? It's only -115 right now where I see it.

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think i'll stay away.. Nole absolutely batters Ferrer on outdoor hardcourts.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Man, this is Ferrer's chance..I think he is going to play well tonight. He had a great year last season, kinda overlooked by Jokers run. Not much respect(rightly so) from the oddsmakers. Not saying he is going to win, but I hope we see a 5 set classic tonight.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

who has joker beat this tournament that has any substance? he should be deeply ashamed for dropping a set to Hewitt and is being quite overrated due to what he showed last year.

EaglesPhan36

Over rated? Guy is still in great form. He lost some focus against Hewitt I think because of how the match was going and perhaps not wanting to embarrass him in his last go-round in Melbourne. Doesn't matter who he played in the 1st three rounds, dropping TEN games total is incredible. Until someone beats him in 2012, he is the man and he'll be priced as an unbeatable force.

The one thing Ferrer can take from Hewitt is that Hewitt did a good job getting into Djokovic's serve as the match progressed. Ferrer is an excellent returner as well.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

I did not agree with the oddsmakers making joker a big favorite over federer pre-tournament to win and took a future on Fed and I still dont agree with it. He was quite good last year but he also got incredibly lucky and there is just no way I am going to buy that he can sustain last year's level.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Djokovic will be on his best game here unlike the Hewitt match. He'll want to get thru this match as easy as possible. Ferrer might steal a set but that's about it. IMO

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    he also got incredibly lucky
    Yeah dominating a season, winning three Grand Slams - that's f-ing lucky.

The futures market seemed fairly priced. Djokovic has an easier path to the final going through Murray whereas Federer had the potential of Del Potro and then Nadal just to get to the final. The guy won THREE Grand Slams in a year, I don't know how you wouldn't think he was the favorite to win here and would be priced as such. That's just silly.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    I did not agree with the oddsmakers making joker a big favorite over federer pre-tournament to win and took a future on Fed and I still dont agree with it. He was quite good last year but he also got incredibly lucky and there is just no way I am going to buy that he can sustain last year's level.
    incredibly lucky? how do u figure????
    the dude beat the number 1 and 2 players in the world several times
    nadal a couple times in finals of major tourneys and even on clay
    i dunno where the luck is in that

hes just better than every1 else and unstoppable rite now

PLF
    PLF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol don't even argue. The man clearly dislikes The Djoker. If he puts personal feelings aside, he'd see what rest of us see. The World's Current #1.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dropping that set against Hewitt appeared like a respectful dump to Hewitt. I doubt Djokovic is as giving with Ferrer. I initially said Ferrer might steal a set but I take that back. Djoker will roll in 3 tonight. Pound it!