Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

How would the Nadal / Mahut match be graded?

Do all books grade these outcomes the same? The spread was 8.5, Nadal won 6-2 6-2 ret. Is that a loss or no action? I seem to recall any non moneyline bets are no action if it doesn't go the distance.

Also does the same apply for the Monaco/Stepanek match? Monaco was getting 6 games and was up 2-0 when Stepanek retired.

Anyone have a definitive answer?

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

anytime someone retires the spread is graded NO ACTION.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Thanks DL. I just wasn't sure if it was in the case of a match like Monaco where 2 sets were completed, he was leading, and was the winner, all while getting points.

That's some BS there ... LOL!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by dlweaver View Post
    anytime someone retires the spread is graded NO ACTION.
    Yeah, in a case like Gaskan's it would be void as there's no way of knowing if the handicap would've been hit. But it's good to check the rules of books because at least two of mine have a rule like this which has both helped and hurt me before:

"In the event of retirement, disqualification or change of surface mid-match, bets will be void unless there is no conceivable way the set and/or match could be played to its natural conclusion without unconditionally determining the result of that market.

ie A best-of-3 sets match is abandoned at 6-4 4-6 5-5: bets on either player with a handicap of +2.5 or more will be settled as winners, bets on either player with a handicap of -2.5 or less will be settled as losers, and bets on the tie with a handicap of +/- 3 or more will be settled as losers. All bets on handicaps ranging from -2 to +2 will be void."

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

They may as well write that rule in Greek for all the sense it makes to me in English.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They may as well write that rule in Greek for all the sense it makes to me in English.
    It's basically just saying they'll grade bets that have already been pre-determined regardless if someone retires or not. ie the Pennetta/Sharapova match last night. I was on the +5.5 for Pennetta. So after 6-3 3-6 I knew that as soon as Pennetta won one game in the final set, my bet would win regardless of what happened after that.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Thanks Shari. I got it after you explained. But could have read it 10 times and not worked it out myself.