tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

dolgopolov loses to cipolla, news at 10

I will ROFL forever.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This makes me happy since the dick cost me money today on that under. Love it.

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

dolgopolov won 6-4 in the 5th

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

You guys must not know Cipolla or have watched his match vs Nishikori. His best results have come on hardcourts and he was in perfect form in that first set vs Nishikori. He's not just another clay court challenger player, must have been some brilliant slice backhand rallies as both of these guys have the best slice backhands on tour

JNic

LOL Cipolla means onion in Italian. Weird like we have Fish and Sock

EaglesPhan36

Cipolla had one good result on hard courts back in Australia in January at a Challenger this year. You look at this recent hard court results and he was getting his ass handed to him like he did in the 1st set today. You could see in the 2nd set that he just fukked around and then turned it on to take the set when he had no business winning it. Anyone with a brain would have slammed the door shut in the 3rd, I think Dolgopolov even broke early in the 3rd .. was working and trying to keep track so I might be wrong ... if you're a Top 30 player with good hard court skills like Dolgopolov, you beat someone like Cipolla ... no worse than 4 sets. He's very lucky to have won today and the result pisses me off. He should have just done everyone a favor and fukked off.

JNic

You need to watch a replay of Nishikori/Cipolla, the first set Nishikori wasn't hurt and Cipolla's movement was A+. He was at a top level, and his strokes were pin-point, his slice backhand was low as hell and he picked apart Nishikori and no matter what Nishikori did he couldn't get the ball past Cipolla. Word was that Cipolla got cramps up 4-1 in the 5th and with a game built around movement no wonder he lost 5 straight games. Also Cipolla has been solid on hardcourts for the last month? This line was way off imo, obviously it's almost impossible to make a play in a heavy line involving Dolgopolov because it's too prone to behind the scenes type action.. I went on 5dimes right before the match started and the line dropped quickly for Cipolla, so a bunch of people musta pounded the line. I'm just saying Cipolla is far from a challenger dirtballer, he's much much more than that

EaglesPhan36

How was he solid for months on hard courts? July he makes a Challenger QF on the surface. Washington, he beats Ilhan and gets crushed by Tursunov. Montreal goes through qualis against a pair of Average Joes and then gets creamed by Davydenko. Cincinnati beats Sweeting in qualis who I don't think is very good any way and then gets pounded by Bogomolov. Nishikori has issues in his last match prior to the Open, so while Cipolla may have played well against him ... I don't see where he had much form against players of Dolgopolov's talent. Certainly Dolgo's consistency and desire is one thing - I don't disagree that the line was high, but the lines lately for the Top 30 guys against guys who either qualify or play Challengers have been ridiculous any way. Just saying, in keeping up with this one that I think Dolgpolov let Cipolla stay in this match when he should have laid him down in the 3rd. Of course who knows, in-match betting may have benefitted greatly from his little display today *wink*

This was just a steamroller in the making before Dolgpolov started showing some disinterest in the 2nd set IMO. Cipolla deserves credit for sticking in for sure.

JNic

Yea well too bad we couldn't see this one, I wanted to watch this badly. But with 23 combined doubles, 18 total breaks it probably was just a mugfest. We will see what the bookies thought when the line for Karlovic/Dolgo comes out, cause Karlovic was rock solid for the first 2 sets and then he got his game back in the 4th. I mean I have no idea about Dolgo because both matches were on showcourts, but I wouldn't be in shock if he was like -130 favorite or less

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    How was he solid for months on hard courts?
    I never said the plural, I said month just to clear things up a little lol. People just don't know Cipolla and they see an Italian they haven't heard of and they just assume he's a travelling challenger dirtballer like Diego Junquiera, but he's way better than that
    sort of like a poor man's Oli Rochus
    Last edited by JNic; 09-01-11 at 11:22 PM. Reason: .

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Played mini-man cipolla +8 and woke up seeing it hit easily

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by showtiime View Post
    Played mini-man cipolla +8 and woke up seeing it hit easily
    good move. i had the same play big and i watched the scores as cipolla lost the first set 6-0 then lost the 2nd set by 2 games for no more margin of error. i was sweatin my balls off.