iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Juan Martin Del Potro playing like a fukken tool

Once again we have a top player getting blown out by a scrub! When I first started betting tennis I was very successful. Now I continuously deal with fukheads who walk into these matches with no intention of even winning. They treat these matches like exhibition matches and it gets fukken annoying. This is not what people come to see. Ill say it again, how can I determine when these losers will actually TRY to win their matches???

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Just avoid all these huge chalk parlay's/plays or at least bet in-play

It's very hard to know before the match with most of these players

Also, Gulbis is hardly a bum. He's usually somewhat competitive in most his matches

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not over at all. He was supposed to win in straight sets, so as long as he wakes up your bet will be fine.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Gulbis is playing amazing

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Quote Originally Posted by iMxth3xbossx5000 View Post
    Once again we have a top player getting blown out by a scrub! When I first started betting tennis I was very successful. Now I continuously deal with fukheads who walk into these matches with no intention of even winning. They treat these matches like exhibition matches and it gets fukken annoying. This is not what people come to see. Ill say it again, how can I determine when these losers will actually TRY to win their matches???
    I agree! Same thing happened when I started! I watch alot less tennis these days

iMxth3xbossx5000

When you have a player the caliber of Juan Del Potros level losing to some 86th ranked sub .500 scrub, then you know Del Potro is not playin for a cause to win. This should be a straight set blowout win

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys tend to over react very quickly. You do realize they play best of 3 right?
    Points Awarded:

gators0708 gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

iMxth3xbossx5000

Del Potro should have smashed this guy. Its not about being best of 3. Gulbis is nothing compared to del potro. It should have been a blowout like what serena williams is doing to maria sharapova right now

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

You do realise that top 20 ranked players losing to players outside the top 50 happens right?

It's not common but smaller tourneys are usually good for a shock or two

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Do you remember in what tournaments you were having success by betting heavy chalk? If it was a Slam or a +500, +1000 (and comparable for the women), that strategy has a better chance of working although it's still quite risky obviously. In a 250, you're asking for some grey hairs.

iMxth3xbossx5000

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Do you remember in what tournaments you were having success by betting heavy chalk? If it was a Slam or a +500, +1000 (and comparable for the women), that strategy has a better chance of working although it's still quite risky obviously. In a 250, you're asking for some grey hairs.
    People have explained to me how a 500 and 1000 are a lot more successful to bet on better ranked players but nobody has explained to me how I can determine a 250 tourny from a 500 or 1000. I am not a tennis veteran so I need guidance in knowing how to determine how I can find out if a tourny is a big one or small one. Btw as I say this, that fuckin loser del potro jus got beaten in straight sets by sum fukkin herb named ernest gulbis. Wat a bitch

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Meth look at the draw paper and see how many ranking points the winner of the tournament will receive. It's either 250, 500, 1000 (masters), or 2000 (grand slams).

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

People have explained to me how a 500 and 1000 are a lot more successful to bet on better ranked players but nobody has explained to me how I can determine a 250 tourny from a 500 or 1000. I am not a tennis veteran so I need guidance in knowing how to determine how I can find out if a tourny is a big one or small one. Btw as I say this, that fuckin loser del potro jus got beaten in straight sets by sum fukkin herb named ernest gulbis. Wat a bitch
    First read this to understand how rankings work. It'll become clear to you quickly why looking at a player's overall ranking to decide if they should win a match is just asking for trouble. http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-FAQ.aspx

Then to find out what a tournament's worth, just go here: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tourname...-Calendar.aspx

To find out which players are defending points from last year, just search for a player and then look at "Rankings Breakdown". Once you understand how the points system works, it's a big help in knowing what a player's motivation is for playing in the tournament.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

stop betting these low level tourny's
    top players dont really care

iMxth3xbossx5000

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    First read this to understand how rankings work. It'll become clear to you quickly why looking at a player's overall ranking to decide if they should win a match is just asking for trouble. http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-FAQ.aspx

Then to find out what a tournament's worth, just go here: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tourname...-Calendar.aspx

To find out which players are defending points from last year, just search for a player and then look at "Rankings Breakdown". Once you understand how the points system works, it's a big help in knowing what a player's motivation is for playing in the tournament.
    Thank you shari, much appreciated. This is exactly the kind of information I was seeking on that website you provided. So I do have the schedule now nd I've bookmarked it so I will use that for future bets before deciding to pull the trigger on any one particular player

It does still bother me however that a player like victoria azarenka could lose to sum dumb hoe ranked 131 and a girl nobody has ever heard of, followes by a loss on Del Potro the following day also by a scrub.. Even if these players don't care about the small tournys, at least show sum fucken ambition and desire to win u know? Its not like a team sport where a team can have an offday or whatnot. These are singles matches nd there's just absolutely no way Del Potro or Azarenka would have lost had they actually attempted to win. They practically rolled over in their matches and that's sickening.

iMxth3xbossx5000

Also notice that there ARE some players who will give it there all everyytime they step foot onto thosew courts no matter how big or small the tourny is. Nicolas Almagro has been awesome for me in the past, Andy Murray strives to be the best and always gives it his all its obvious he hates to lose. Djokovic is outstanding, and I can even go as far as to say even milos raonic has been a moneymaker for me. While Raonic may not have records like the above guys, hell always be one to step onto the court nd play to his standards, not rollin over in a match nd handing it to his opponents freely like that douchebag Del Potro did today

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i agree, what a dick. tennis is no fun if there aren't some players who just fukkin win when they're supposed to. that's what's good about the big tournaments. nadal and djokovic will win so you can put them in parlays. who needs a fuking -700 parlay buster?
    belluci lost. wawrinka lost. i am too fukking scared to bet on cilic

tankman777
    tankman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Gulbis can beat anyone on his day.

iMxth3xbossx5000

so based on everything i've read above and from what ive gather.... had Juan Martin Del Potro beat that bitch Ernest Gulbis in the 250 tourny, he would have received '45 points' for his victory.... and if he won the tourny, he would have received 250 points? If I stand correct, thats alot of points to be giving up for a player who just doesnt give a fuk aboiut sum small tourny....

iMxth3xbossx5000

stupid fukken scrub del potro, im still pissed at this bitch!

Neformalbets
    Neformalbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

It is really strange how he is such a favorite today . Well , he should win , but I think Nieminen will take one set and it will end 2-1 in sets for del potro . So over is also very possible

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

If these -700 parlay busters keep happening...why not start taking the other side? Put smaller bets on the underdogs and you only have to win like 1 out of 8 or 9 times to be profitable, rather than ending up with high risk low reward bets. Think about it. You just said you don't know if they're going to try hard or not, that means you are laying -700 juice on what is essentially a coin flip.