samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Tsonga!

Yes Tsonga! What a legend!

Federer had never been beaten when 2-0 up in Grand Slams. So impressed with Tsonga today.

scottie2005
    Update your status
    scottie2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30487

Fed got manhandled in those last 3 sets. No break points for him

samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Yeah man, he didn't deserve a break point, Tsonga played beautiful and powerful tennis. He has such a good game for grass. I remember debating on here a few days ago about Tsonga vs Ferrer and so many liked Ferrer I just couldn't believe it. Hopefully now they see what Tsonga is capable of doing.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Of all the players in this tournament I thought Federer was the least prone to losing to a "big serve and nothing else" kinda player like Tsonga. Not only is this Federer's first blown 2-0 set lead, but he'd beaten Tsonga in straight sets 2 times this year already. That pick broke my cash account. Just gotta lay low until football season again.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by samus82 View Post
    Yes Tsonga! What a legend!

Can he at least win a major before we call him a legend?

This is his 8th year as a pro and this is only the second time he's even reached the semis of a Grand Slam event.

He's never even made the quarterfinals at his home tournament, the French Open.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Not much surprises me in sports, but I was a little taken that Tsonga came back from 2 sets down, and did it by playing well. Given all factors (Fed, grass, Tsonga's history), I gave JWT no shot to come back in that match. I was wrong about him today bigtime.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    Of all the players in this tournament I thought Federer was the least prone to losing to a "big serve and nothing else" kinda player like Tsonga. Not only is this Federer's first blown 2-0 set lead, but he'd beaten Tsonga in straight sets 2 times this year already. That pick broke my cash account. Just gotta lay low until football season again.
    Yah - he beat Fed with a big serve and nothing else.

He has a lot "else".

He knows how to come back against Fed...a nice precedent was set in the Rogers cup when Fed was up 5-1 against Tsonga and Tsonga won the tie-breaker 7/6. Explain how you break Fed's serve with "nothing else"?

cappingsports
    cappingsports's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually fell asleep at the beginning of the 3rd set so you can imagine my surprise when I woke up to find out that Tsonga had won in 5 sets! Incredible stuff!

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

this is the beginning of fed decline? time to fade on him from quarterfinals onwards now?

saske
    saske's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is just lucky... FEDERER is the legend o tennis and he never have been lose with such poor player...