MrGambler
    MrGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pound Tomic....

at least I will for a small amount....he has beaten the Joker before....and is in great shape!

GO TOMIC

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Wow he sure showed some stones winning the 2nd set...RESPECT>>

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

break for Tomic in 3rd set

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Damn. Tomic is the male Pironkova of this tournament. He's really thriving on his opponents makign errors. Djokovic should be ashamed losing to this clown

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

This game smells seriously fishy, Djokovic is playing some seriously uncharacteristic shots and playing more like a playing ranked 20, not one threatening to be #1.

koscheckbaby

Djokovic has absolutely no pride if he friggin loses to an 18 year old cumstain. This match is so winnable for him and he's pissing it away.

Astros148
    Astros148's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Djokovic has absolutely no pride if he friggin loses to an 18 year old cumstain. This match is so winnable for him and he's pissing it away.
    lmaooooooooo your name calling for other players is so laughable

benrama

OK, after that Djokovic challenge where he gave up the point when it was in waaaay in , I'm pretty much convinced this game is rigged. With all the $M's that probably got put on the 4 favs going through this doesn't surprise me, Joker is the only one that could be lured by dirty money.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    OK, after that Djokovic challenge where he gave up the point when it was in waaaay in , I'm pretty much convinced this game is rigged. With all the $M's that probably got put on the 4 favs going through this doesn't surprise me, Joker is the only one that could be lured by dirty money.
    do you realize how much money it would take considering majors prize money + ranking ramifications?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I highly doubt that 1. a player who makes as much as Djoko could be lured by dirty money in a match that'll be so highly scrutinised and 2. A Serb would be willing to fix a match where he loses to a Croatian.

I jumped on Djokovic -200. Best price I'll see on him anytime soon

koscheckbaby

Yeah, I don't believe in players throwing Grand Slam events. It just doesn't make sense. But Djokovic has no sense of urgency today.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I highly doubt that 1. a player who makes as much as Djoko could be lured by dirty money in a match that'll be so highly scrutinised and 2. A Serb would be willing to fix a match where he loses to a Croatian.

I jumped on Djokovic -200. Best price I'll see on him anytime soon
    When did you get that number?

Honestly. With the luck Tomic is getting today, reminds me of Pironkova's wins. Tomic can very easily win this in 4. All the luck is going his way.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

it might just be the fact the he feels the presure of being the future #1 if he wins the tornament (same as during Roland Garros)

koscheckbaby

A Raonic-like hold by Tomic here. He lost all the rallies, but got about 4 cheap serve points.

shari91

When did you get that number? Honestly. With the luck Tomic is getting today, reminds me of Pironkova's wins. Tomic can very easily win this in 4. All the luck is going his way.
    Bet365 when Djokovic was behind in the last game before winning it. He's fluctuating between -225 and -275 now

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I highly doubt that a Serb would be willing to fix a match where he loses to a Croatian.
    I thought Tomic was an Aussie?!

koscheckbaby

Of course. Break point and he gets a cheap serve. How about earning your points, Tomic?

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Parents are Croatian, born in Germany, and lived in Australia since 3. Lots of these players have really mixed national backgrounds.

benrama

@reformed, given that there's $100M's at play here in betting, I would say there's ample enough to make it attractive.

@shari, he's his hitting partner, so I think there's hardly any fierce competitive tension.

For Djokovic to be playing this bad just smells really, really dodgy, but each to their own.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

If djokovic somehow wins this, and plays like this against Fed, Federer will destroy him. I will say this, I am incredibly impressed by Tomic. I thought after that first set, this will be over quick.

koscheckbaby

I chalk this performance up to Tomic being lucky. Malisse played him terrible as **** and Soderling was sick. It feels like each event someone is getting lucky. Pironkova got straight set wins over Venus and Vera. Yet, she was hardly playing well enough to earn it.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Croatian passport, moved here when he was 3. Last year when he was pissed about having to play a late match against Cilic at the Aussie Open - which he lost, his father threatened that Tomic would stop playing Davis Cup for Australia and go back to Croatia. As far as I'm concerned, the little ungrateful shit can go fuk himself and I'm not even Aussie. If a country supports you financially all the way through your career and hands out wildcards even when you're shithouse at the time, you don't threaten to desert because you lost a bloody match against someone you should have anyway.

gregm

This is the game to break back. come on NOLE

koscheckbaby

Yeah, I don't like how some players don't represent the countries that made them and where they grew up. Why the hell is Maria Sharapova representing Russia? She is American. Azarenka got her chance moving to Arizona.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Sounds like Dokic's cousin...
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

shari91

@reformed, given that there's $100M's at play here in betting, I would say there's ample enough to make it attractive. @shari, he's his hitting partner, so I think there's hardly any fierce competitive tension. For Djokovic to be playing this bad just smells really, really dodgy, but each to their own.
    There's massive competitive tension. Tomic said in the set they played this week, Novak "destroyed him". There is no hope in hell that this is fixed. Novak lost the French when so many were expecting him to be in the final, if not win. He's honestly going to fix a match against a kid in the quarters at Wimbledon??? I'm all for looking out for fixes but I can't buy into it here. If anything, I'm grateful Djoko's price was driven so low so I could grab him at -200.

koscheckbaby

I almost went "all-in" on Djokovic today when it was -800 like I did on Sharapova yesterday. Gotta manage better though. And needless to say, I'm extremely grateful that I didn't go heavy on Novak. I'm not a lunatic right now

koscheckbaby

Really, this has become the male version of the Kvitova-Pironkova match yesterday. The better player dominates when playing well, but seemed to give points away after looking like they'd cruise.

shari91

I almost went "all-in" on Djokovic today when it was -800 like I did on Sharapova yesterday. Gotta manage better though. And needless to say, I'm extremely grateful that I didn't go heavy on Novak. I'm not a lunatic right now
    Good job!!!! It sucks when you realise you could've won some money but I promise you the sting when you lose those ones sucks ass more than winning a bit of money will ever make you feel good.

I'm actually proud of myself. My live betting skills have really picked up during this tournament. Before now I would've been like Mr Gambler thinking that I should hit Tomic even though the price had dropped. Instead I'm trusting my initial picks and learning to go with the better players and hopefully wait to get a bettable price on them at some point in the match. Now Djoko is -2500. I feel good about that

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just glad that Joker won the 3rd set, went in big on him today. Hope he will beat this kid for the win!

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by PickApprentice View Post
    Just glad that Joker won the 3rd set, went in big on him today. Hope he will beat this kid for the win!
    It's done Pick. Djoko just made it interesting. Your money is very safe

benrama

There's massive competitive tension. Tomic said in the set they played this week, Novak "destroyed him". There is no hope in hell that this is fixed. Novak lost the French when so many were expecting him to be in the final, if not win. He's honestly going to fix a match against a kid in the quarters at Wimbledon??? I'm all for looking out for fixes but I can't buy into it here. If anything, I'm grateful Djoko's price was driven so low so I could grab him at -200.
    I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be practicing with someone I had massive tension with.

Djokovic lost in the French yes, but he lost to Federer, who happened to be playing some of the best tennis of his life on clay and had every chance to beat Nadal in the final.

This is, as you say, "a kid", a particularly annoying one at that (when will Australia have another Pat Rafter who I don't cringe to support?) but this match stinks to high heaven. BTW - it being rigged does not necessarily mean Djokovic will lose.

Eastern Europeans I put in the same category as Russians when it comes to potentially shady activity.

gregm

Its amazing how a few games can change the whole match. Tomic was looking incredible in the second set, now he seems to be reverting back to form.

Its hard to judge from his last few matches I am watching how good he really is, Soderling was just physically ill, Malisse is Malisse,Davydenko is just done, Djokovic was making unforced error after error. Great live bet shari, thats about as low a price as you will ever see on Nole against a player like this.

shari91

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be practicing with someone I had massive tension with. Djokovic lost in the French yes, but he lost to Federer, who happened to be playing some of the best tennis of his life on clay and had every chance to beat Nadal in the final. This is, as you say, "a kid", a particularly annoying one at that (when will Australia have another Pat Rafter who I don't cringe to support?) but this match stinks to high heaven. BTW - it being rigged does not necessarily mean Djokovic will lose. Eastern Europeans I put in the same category as Russians when it comes to potentially shady activity.
    I guess to me I see it a bit differently - if I've practised with you and I'm one of the best players in the world whereas you're just rising through the ranks (and I do believe Tomic will be top 10 if not top 5 in the next couple of years), wouldn't I want to kick your ass to show you that despite you being an upstart, I'm still better than you? My competitive nature makes me know 100% that I would.

And yeah, even though I'm leaving here in a couple of months a big chunk of my heart will always stay with Oz and I really want a decent guy player to come up through the ranks that isn't an absolute shit. There are a few that my buddy's coaching right now - I posted their names a couple of times and told people to watch out for them so I'll leave it at that. But I really just want a nice, normal guy that the whole country (and even us honourary Aussies) can get behind. This little turd unfortunately isn't it.

koscheckbaby

I'm too negative a thinker for live betting. I'll take the guy I'm rooting against.

12 Last