JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Bet On Karlovic NOW

Tipsarevic nasty nasty fall... he's screaming and panting on the court..... left leg goes and right groin area got fvked..........

JNic

ok so he fell badly and was screaming but he got up and hes able to walk...... so i guess nvm, i think he should be ok for karlovic??

JNic

haha keep in mind when I posted this Karlovic was like 2.2 on pinny now hes really close to being an even 2! really curious to see if Tipsy will be healthy for the match

yoshiments
    yoshiments's Avatar Become A Pro!

Karlo at even now...how bad is he actually injured?

JNic

he was wobbling around after the fall and clearly strained his quad maybe or inner thigh. although he wanted to quit anyway because of darkness. its hard to gauge but he definitely wont be 100%, probably a little stiff but with tape and anti inflammatories i mean he will prob be fine. it was the right leg and the left leg is more important for serving. this match isn't gonna be too many rallies anyway so there isnt much value with karlovic at even. i picked karlovic +130 before the match so im liking the injury a lot here

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

even if Tipsy is 75%, he will beat Karlovic. Tipsy is a top 20 grass player in the world in my opinion

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

never go with inj player in 1st rd...hes not winning 7 matches, so hes not winning one.

Fairweatherfan
    Fairweatherfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd go the opposite way, if Tips gets down early he'll retire, so....

swiss88
    swiss88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I'm not sure about betting Karlovic, I watched the end of Tipsy's game today after he got hurt. At first it looked really bad but then he was able to walk fairly good so maybe he just didn't want to take the risk to continue playing not knowing if he hurt himself really or not..
    Just making assumptions in fact, but IMO even if he's not at 100% Tipsy should be able to beat Karlovic.

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by Fairweatherfan View Post
    I'd go the opposite way, if Tips gets down early he'll retire, so....

Quote Originally Posted by swiss88 View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure about betting Karlovic, I watched the end of Tipsy's game today after he got hurt. At first it looked really bad but then he was able to walk fairly good so maybe he just didn't want to take the risk to continue playing not knowing if he hurt himself really or not..
    Just making assumptions in fact, but IMO even if he's not at 100% Tipsy should be able to beat Karlovic.
    Yea i agree, i just posted this b/c Karlovic was at +130 when the injury happened and then the price changed drastically

Fairweatherfan
    Fairweatherfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JNic View Post
    What was confusing about that to you? If Tips gets in a hole and he's hurting he quits, bet's a push. Very simple concept

nobull
    nobull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6141

watch his next opponent is gonna fake an injury and withdraw from the match lol.

leeloo
    leeloo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone have an update on Tipsarevic's injury? I have him in the last leg of a parlay and not feeling good about it. Unfortunately my book will not void if he retires as long as 1 set has been played so trying to figure out how much to hedge. Any update would be greatly appreciated.

JNic

Quote Originally Posted by Fairweatherfan View Post

What was confusing about that to you? If Tips gets in a hole and he's hurting he quits, bet's a push. Very simple concept
    he's not gonna retired before the 1st set is complete ill guarantee that. i think its very low chance he will retire at all against a pure server like karlovic in wimbledon, i mean if you got a book where it isnt graded with an injury and you use that mentality with tipsy at + money then i guess its worth it

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill take karlovic good looks

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I actually love Tipsarevic, I just wish he was better tennis player. Any tennis player with tattoos of Nietzsche sayings is not your typical tennis guy. I remember reading an interview with Djokovic where he was laughing about Andy Murrays book, he said how can the guy write a book when he has never read one.

Sadly that seems to be the norm with tennis, the sport is so intensive from such a young age, like gymnastics, you really dont ever get a chance to go to college and its all year round. America tries to build tennis players out of clemson or college programs, by then its too late.

These eastern european kids arent coming out of college programs! Its like when you hear about a college basketball team "laden" with seniors, you know in many cases they weren't good enough to turn pro.

I am trying to find tipsarevic's condition but his twitter site is full of useless drivel and no updates, nothing on his site on his condition. One poster on Ti said some serbian newspapers were reporting his injury was serious, he will retire or not play if he is the least bit hurting.

I just have trouble putting money on karlovic, if Janko is not hurt he should win this match.

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Wish I saw this thread earlier JNic. Karlovic would be a great play here but now he's -130ish or so. Definately a no play at those odds. Would have been nice to have got him as a dog like I am sure some of you did